Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brexit under threat leaflet

On 21 Dec 2017 at 11:10am Nevillman wrote:
They're worried brexit won't happen. Best news I've had in a while.
On 21 Dec 2017 at 4:06pm Bert wrote:
I am sure there was a referendum on this, with a record turnout, and the majority chose to leave. For some reason , it seems to be in-doubt.. Britain has been brainwashed that it ain't Great anymore and cant survive without Europe for some reason. Meanwhile Europe is falling apart slowly. Something we aren't being told at the moment either, for some strange reason.
On 21 Dec 2017 at 4:26pm Final Countdown wrote:
Bert's deluded.
On 21 Dec 2017 at 5:38pm EU Supporter wrote:
I support the EU because of this:

'The EU is not – and cannot become – a democracy. Instead, it provides the most hospitable ecosystem in the developed world for rentier monopoly corporations, tax-dodging elites and organised crime. It has an executive so powerful it could crush the leftwing government of Greece; a legislature so weak that it cannot effectively determine laws or control its own civil service. A judiciary that, in the Laval and Viking judgments, subordinated workers’ right to strike to an employer’s right do business freely.'

How can anyone doubt that an institution supported by Cameron, Osborne, Clegg, Brown, Blair, Mandelson, the City and the banks is not in our interest?
On 21 Dec 2017 at 8:27pm Remoaner wrote:
Democracy didn't stop on 23/6/16, however much some brexirers would like it to.
On 21 Dec 2017 at 8:39pm Free Vote wrote:
The people had a vote, they said out and our UK law and Government will see this to conclusion. We are likely to be the first of others to leave and as such will get the best deal.
On 21 Dec 2017 at 9:49pm @Free Vote wrote:
What makes you think we will get the best deal? As(If) more leave there is less to bargain with.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:143
Cliffe Tableau 2015

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams