frame-src 'self' data:
 

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Brexit is a Tory suicide train.

18
9
On 18 Sep 2018 at 12:24am James Heaslip wrote:
Brexit is insanity. We are heading on a runaway train driven by a pack of Tory goons to a precipice that will simply wipe out our already fragile economy.
10 years ago we suffered the implosion of our banking system as the inevitable consequence of absurd Tory deregulation under the obscene Thatcher government. And we never recovered.
The Tories aren't just the nasty, greedy callous cruel party - they are the stupid party. There are no words in the English language to actually fully describe the depth of stupidity of Tories.
The loathsome Thatcher vomit reduced britain, the workshop of the world to a shadow economy supported by corrupt financial services centred in London and hard-wired to the EU, despite being outside the Eurozone.
This wretched crew of Tory morons driving brexit suicide train will simply execute the coup-de-grace by eliminating the financial service sector now moving to Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin
10
15
On 18 Sep 2018 at 12:50am Clifford wrote:
The Tory government of the austerity kings Cameron and Osborne told us to vote Remain. The present Tory government is just carrying out the wishes of the electorate as expressed in the 2016 referendum.
10
6
On 18 Sep 2018 at 6:50am actually wrote:
It's the EU that is insanity. Take a step back and examine how it is run. If it was put forward as a new idea would you vote to join it?
8
7
On 18 Sep 2018 at 7:08am Tw@ts wrote:
Clifford and actually do you have a brain cell between you?
I’ll lay the challenge down again, name one actual factual tangible benefit of Brexit.
6
7
On 18 Sep 2018 at 7:39am Brexiteer wrote:
The majority voted to Leave; and leave we shall next March. We have a golden opportunity to forge ahead and be a force to be reckoned with (we are already the sixth largest economy).
Fortunately this forum is only a very small minority of the population. The wishes and ambitions of most of the population are underrepresented here.
9
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 8:27am trunky wrote:
Some people on this site need to realise that just because someone disagrees with them, it doesn't mean that that person is wrong.
7
5
On 18 Sep 2018 at 8:44am Mark wrote:
@Actually, yes I certainly wouldn't vote for it if were a new thing but I think that misses the point. We're not geared up for Brexit. We were geared up membership because we HAD our vile financial services industry as highlighted by the OP. The referendum was announced for stupid reasons with absolutely zero forward thinking about what would happen if there was a no vote. So, Cameron just shrugged his shoulders and resigned knowing the likely consequences. There is nothing for us to forge ahead with.
5
6
On 18 Sep 2018 at 11:18am SwatTheTw@ts wrote:
TW@TS / casual observer / whatever other pathetic meme you choose, your posts are getting boring.
They always end up in insults when people disagree with you. You obviously suffer from an inferiority complex.
Mark - there are a lot of people who would prefer to crash out of the EU with no deal because the EU won't change. Previous reform has failed.
The question of "would we join now if we weren't a member" is still valid. Over half the population agreed with this position.
If we end up on WTO rules so be it. The short term pain will be worth it in the long run.
My business is booming and it's all thanks to Brexit! I can afford to pay my staff above average pay increases. They don't seem to be complaining about it yet.
7
4
On 18 Sep 2018 at 11:48am nancy wrote:
I can't speak for others but when I voted for Brexit it was for a complete departure from the EU or what has come to be known as a hard brexit. Anything else is not leaving at all.
2
4
On 18 Sep 2018 at 11:51am Ghost of Maggie wrote:
How very dare you call my regime vile ! I'll set my friend Pinochet on you.
4
4
On 18 Sep 2018 at 11:55am Mark wrote:
Swatthetw@ts, you might not want to say but I'd be curious to know what line of work you're in to be benefitting from Brexit? Teapots?
7
4
On 18 Sep 2018 at 12:09pm @Mark wrote:
He’s probably a people smuggler.
@Nancy well you’re the biggest tw@t of all then as you voted for something that wasnt being offered.
@swatthetw@ts, come on just one single benefit from Brexit, you must have something...? I’ll shut up when you can answer a basic question.
3
5
On 18 Sep 2018 at 12:47pm SwatTheTw@ts wrote:
@malechicken - global trade a good enough reason? Or don't you understand globak markets and exports?
@Mark - AI automation (computer software)
The UK is a great place to do R&D and our graduate talent pool is fantastic.
8
3
On 18 Sep 2018 at 1:22pm @Swatthetw@ts wrote:
"global trade a good enough reason? Or don't you understand globak markets and exports?"
Ironically we currently have global trade.
We are currently members of WTO as part of the EU and have a good global tariff as a result.
When we leave the EU we are not members so will apply, as an applicant (not a full member) we go in on full tariffs and things get more expensive. It will take years to sort a deal and we won't get as good a deal as the EU got, I we don't have as much to offer.
Paying higher tariffs is not a benefit is it, another go?
 
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm SwatTheTw@ts wrote:
You obviously don't do very much of it.
3
1
On 18 Sep 2018 at 1:51pm Just Saying wrote:
@Swat "AI automation (computer software) The UK is a great place to do R&D and our graduate talent pool is fantastic."
Yeah so this is why most development is offshored to India?
3
1
On 18 Sep 2018 at 1:57pm @Swatthetwats wrote:
I noticed you haven't disagreed with any of it, the truth is kind of hard to argue with isn't it.
 
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 1:59pm SwatTheTw@ts wrote:
Some companies do.
For high end tech we need good communicators. Offshore development does not give you that.
Brighton and Sussex Universities provide a great graduate resource pool. The AI courses are superb.
The UK is a great place for innovation.
2
8
On 18 Sep 2018 at 2:06pm SwatTheTw@ts wrote:
There is no need to argue with you.
Some people are bitter that they'll lose international roaming and free data when we leave the EU. I get that. They'll moan about leaving until the cows drop dead.
Highly skilled professionals that have something to offer are embracing the opportunities that Brexit provides and doing rather well out of it.
Frankly, I don't care what you think. You can bleat all you like. We're going to leave the EU. End of.
8
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm Mark wrote:
But what you're saying Swat is that you're doing well. That's great. Congratulations. I'm pleased for you. However, you're doing well in your highly-skilled, niche market not "because of Brexit" but despite Brexit.
2
5
On 18 Sep 2018 at 2:37pm Brexiteer wrote:
The fact that many posters are calling others tw**s sums up the intellect of a disproportionate number of users.
1
5
On 18 Sep 2018 at 2:41pm @Brexiteer wrote:
Be fair - Mark is a tw*t - the 24 carat diamond encrusted version so far up his own backside he'll never return
9
3
On 18 Sep 2018 at 2:42pm Tw@ts wrote:
I'm not bitter and I'm not moaning, I accept we're leaving and have tried to look for the positive (I don't know of any).
I keep asking the Brexit diehards to name just one and in your defence you've tried.
But the facts speak for themselves, we'll have higher global tariffs the day after Brexit, it's definitely one of the things that will hit everyone. It's not a benefit (and I am not sure why you seem to think we can't do global trade now, we can and we have a good WTO tariff).
As for getting a good stream of high quality candidates from Brighton and Sussex Universities, I hate to disappoint you, the handful of good ones doesn't even paper the cracks (we're in the apprentice scheme and sponsor a lot of events there).
The good ones are off doing their own tech start-ups and generally don't take employed work.
7
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm Tw@ts wrote:
To be fair I called Clifford and Actually tw@ts, no one else.
Clifford mainly because he described it as "carrying out the will of the people", no the Conservatives aren't. They are working on their own deal (and the likes of Rees-Mogg are covering their bases by putting legal entities into Ireland).
And Actually for somehow thinking that Parliament is somehow better than the EU (the only decent protection the average person gets is passed down from EU rules, data, privacy, working rights, holidays, conditions, etc).
2
7
On 18 Sep 2018 at 3:58pm Stonemam wrote:
i would rather dye than see another brown eoropaern face and hear another muslamic vioce
1
4
On 18 Sep 2018 at 4:49pm Clifford wrote:
Tw@ts wrote: 'I’ll lay the challenge down again, name one actual factual tangible benefit of Brexit.'

I'll give you a quote that sums up my view of the EU neo-liberal project and why we are better out of it:

'The EU is not – and cannot become – a democracy. Instead, it provides the most hospitable ecosystem in the developed world for rentier monopoly corporations, tax-dodging elites and organised crime. It has an executive so powerful it could crush the leftwing government of Greece; a legislature so weak that it cannot effectively determine laws or control its own civil service. A judiciary that, in the Laval and Viking judgments, subordinated workers’ right to strike to an employer’s right do business freely.'

Now, you may like all that, and it's your right to. I disagree with you but I want descend to calling you a twat.
4
2
On 18 Sep 2018 at 4:52pm @Stonemam wrote:
I know you're a troll, but ironically that just about sums up the average Brexit voters opinion, the joke is of course that every single EU member countries is "white faced" (unless you're talking about a sun tan).
2
2
On 19 Sep 2018 at 6:51am Tw@ts wrote:
So please tell me what the House of Lords is then Clifford.
Also, mainly it is the U.K. and French governments that allow most of the tax dodging not the EU and finally please note the use of the words “employers right” ie they curtailed long working hours and improved life for employees. I will use the word tw@t, because you are.
Ooh and I am still waiting for a single positive, surely you must have 1 point that isn’t fantasy...
1
3
On 19 Sep 2018 at 10:59am Happiness wrote:
My best reason...
Waking up on the day we officially leave knowing that we live in a democracy and the will of the majority was done.
I must admit, I will probably have a few giggles knowing people like Tw@ts are furious and their outlook isn't as sweet as mine.
Keep calm and carry on!


8 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan