frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brexit. Latest Poll Remain moving ahead steadily.

On 5 Sep 2018 at 6:08pm Poll dancer. wrote:
Latest NatCen survey overseen by Prof John Curtice has Remain 59%, Leave 41%. Brexit is withering.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 6:11pm Chris wrote:
That is very interesting, so now it's clear...we are doing something that is going to cause untold damage and misery for millions and which a clear majority don't want all because of a single day in June 2016 which we know the winning side cheated and was likely influenced by Russia. Brilliant.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 6:34pm poll dancer and chris wrote:
Are the same person. How sad
On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:01pm Fairmeadow wrote:
So the Remoaner theory is that Russian bot online shenanigans misled lots of old people who don't do social media to vote for Brexit. You need to try a slightly higher level of logic. The person who was mosrpt effective in persuading me to vote leave was one George Osborne, whose Project Fear was so obviously based on lies.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:09pm Lewes Voter 3 wrote:
Fake news and you all know it. There was one poll and it was in 2016. I predicted it right and the country voted LEAVE in the only vote that counts. Shut up and live with the will of the British people. I'm proud to be taking back Britain. Stop spreading stuff nobody believes any more. I asked nicely this time.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 8:33pm sceptic wrote:
Simple question really...
Would you want to join the EU now if we weren't a member?
There's your answer. The majority thought not.
Brexit negotiations have been a farce from day 1. Led by a PM who never believed in Brexit in the first place.
I suspect the plot all along has been to make such a mess of it in order to convince the electorate that they've made a mistake and they'd want to change their minds.
I don't want to be a member of this EU. If it hits our economy, so be it. There's more to life than money.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 10:07pm Clifford wrote:
Ah, the polls. The polls that told us Remain would win in 2016 and that May would get a three figure majority last year. We've already had our 'People's vote'in 2016 and we decided to leave. I know the EU Commission believes in 'Vote and vote again until you give us the answer we want' but that's not going to happen this time.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 10:30pm Equinox wrote:
Brexit is finished, it was always un deliverable in the terms promised by it's fanatical supporters.It is imploding because of its own "cake and eat" it contradictions.It was never a realistic proposal and now most people are seeing it for the con trick and the nostalgic mirage that it always was.Thank God the nightmare is coming to an end.
On 5 Sep 2018 at 11:56pm Gander wrote:
If you were selling your house and engaged an estate agent they would advise you on the available terms, conditions and costs of your sale. But, ultimately, only you would decide whether or not to accept their advice. You wouldn't just tell them to 'get on with it, regardless of what I think'. And so too with Brexit. The referendum was held on the basis of what we now all know to be a false government agenda. So, as with the estate agent, do we simply accept their unsatisfactory terms or demand a re-think? And that's where we also are with Brexit. We now have a good idea of the sh*tty terms on offer and should have the right to reconsider. After all, if the government are so confident of the negotiated settlement with the EU how can they be afraid of public scrutiny?...
On 6 Sep 2018 at 12:00am Clifford wrote:
Gander wrote: 'The referendum was held on the basis of what we now all know to be a false government agenda.'

Have you any idea what you're talking about? What 'false agenda'? The government, the Tory government, told us to vote Remain.

'This leaflet sets out the facts, and explains why the government believes a vote to remain in the EU is in the best interests of the people of the UK. It shows some of the choices the UK would face if there were a vote to leave.'

There seems to be this strange illusion among Remainers that the Tory government in 2016 wanted the UK to leave the EU. It wanted us to remain because the EU is favoured by our masters in the City and the banks. And still Remainers imagine they are somehow 'progressive'.
On 6 Sep 2018 at 7:29am Brexiteer wrote:
This Forum is full of Remoaners who take a "glass half empty" attitude.
We have had a democratic referendum; and we are going to Leave. End of story. My glass is half full- and I expect to have a full pint by next March. Even if it does cost slightly more for a while.
On 6 Sep 2018 at 11:31am Mark wrote:
For a while? And then what happens? The Africans rescue our economy by paying vast sums of money to get May to come back and do more weird robot dancing?
On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:20pm Casual Observor wrote:
I just want one Brexit supporter to name one positive thing that will come from Brexit (and I don't mean a generic meaningless answer like "taking back control of our borders" - we always had control).
Just one actual tangible benefit.
The whole situation is a joke, better decisions could be made by rolling a dice.
On 7 Sep 2018 at 3:57pm gooner wrote:
UK data sovereignty.
Do some research on information security and the risks of cloud computing.

On 7 Sep 2018 at 5:00pm Casual Observor wrote:
@Gooner, I've worked in data for over 3 decades, you're basically having a laugh suggesting UK data sovereignty is a good thing.
The only real meaningful data protection in the world is a product of the EU, DPR was worthless.
On 7 Sep 2018 at 6:22pm gooner wrote:
You sound like a dinosaur. The world has moved on.
Replicated data in jurisdictions we have no control over means we've lost control of that data.
Data residing on dedicated servers in UK data centres is the only way we can give assurance that data is truly safe and secure.
Azure and AWS are US headquartered companies and if the US issues a warrant for seizure of their infrastructure (even if it is in the EU) will get control of those servers.
This has happened and will happen again.
I know where I'd like my data to reside.

On 7 Sep 2018 at 7:27pm Mark wrote:
So, as I'm understanding this, there's one (perhaps, but perhaps not) benefit that has to do with data handling.

On 7 Sep 2018 at 7:45pm gooner wrote:
That's one example.
It's not just data handling, but storage, retention, integrity and availability of it.
If you have no control over the organisations that you entrust with your data, it is inherently insecure.
Back on topic, leaver and remainer terms are pointless.
It's now optimists or pessimists. Realists or fantasists.
We need to get real and embrace this opportunity. It's happening.
On 8 Sep 2018 at 9:14am Casual Observor wrote:
Gooner you are literally talking rubbish, the fines for GDPR are so large (4% of income) that even US companies are following it, as for the US getting hold of our data you clearly donít understand what prism is.
EA have even released the odds on gift boxes, do you have any concept of how massive that is, and you think that would have happened with DPR?
On 8 Sep 2018 at 9:34am gooner wrote:
The GDPR rules are weak and full of holes.
You "really" believe that they apply to organisations outside the EU?
Data controllers outside the EU have already found loopholes and ways to get around it.
There are loads of examples of tech companies leaving Europe because of GDPR. Not just UK companies either.
The fines won't stop your data ending up in places where GDPR does not apply and you'll have no control or visibility of it.

On 8 Sep 2018 at 11:43am mish wrote:
GDPR is an ass and the sooner we have our own rules the better.
The head of the ICO has already admitted the fines will never happen. They're an idle threat and nothing more.
On 8 Sep 2018 at 2:03pm Casual Observor wrote:
So basically the only tangible benefit is bringing data sovereignty back to the U.K., which itís clear youíll argue all day is a good thing, but as has been proved time and time again by breaches and hacks it isnít. Did data holders give 2 hoots under dpr, nope.
I mean come on Brexiteers, one of you must have 1 actual benefit from Brexit (that isnít this rubbish)?
On 8 Sep 2018 at 3:57pm phone box wrote:
We can buy what we wish, where we wish, without tariffs.
If the EU give us a bum deal, we can go elsewhere.

On 8 Sep 2018 at 6:08pm @phone box wrote:
We can buy what we wish were we wish now. The only difference is the wto tariff is cheaper as a member of the EU than is will be afterwards. Definitely not a benefit.
On 8 Sep 2018 at 8:18pm Casual Observor wrote:
And there we have it, not a single person has a benefit they can name from Brexit, genius people, genius...
On 8 Sep 2018 at 11:21pm happiness wrote:
Thankfully the majority of us are progressive and forward thinking.
Losers like you will soon be forgotten and we can move on and build a successful prosperous country.
Our kids will be grateful that the stigma of remainers and their small mindedness are all a thing of the past and consigned to the history books.
On 9 Sep 2018 at 1:53am @happiness wrote:
Yes I am sure weíll ďprosperĒ by leaving the worlds largest market.
No doubt the cheap chlorinated chicken from the US will make it all worthwhile.
My children would rather of had the ability to work or live in Europe without the legal complications of living in a third country, but I guess theyíre not as ďprogressive and forward thinkingĒ as you (you sound the opposite to me).
I still havenít seen a single tangible benefit from Brexit mentioned, come on Lewes turkeys you must have one reason between you.
On 9 Sep 2018 at 7:56am happiness wrote:
You sound like a right drama queen.
Stop feeding your kids rubbish in their mouths and ears. No one is going to force you to eat cheap chlorinated chicken or cheap Danish bacon.
Try supporting British farmers and buying local produce. Wilshire produces some of the best pork in the world and welfare standards are excellent.
You could also try growing your own vegetables. It's not as hard as it sounds. It's much better for you and you might even learn something.
Good for the brain, body and soul.
On 9 Sep 2018 at 9:36am @Happiness wrote:
Where do you think British farmers sell their produce, why do you think the NFU want to stay in the EU?
Progressive, forward thinking, prosperous, small mindedness, loser, consigned to the history books, one of us sounds like a drama queen, Iím just surprised you didnít mention ďwill of the peopleĒ.
Meanwhile you canít mention a single benefit from leaving the EU, come on you must have one, just share what it is.

On 9 Sep 2018 at 12:09pm Mark wrote:
One of the most worrying aspects of it all for me is that it's very much in the EU's interest to ensure that we get a bum deal - not because there's anything nasty about the EU - but because other (previously) wavering nations will have been watching the economic armeggedon that's already unfolding in the UK.
On 9 Sep 2018 at 12:34pm rolypoly wrote:
@casualobserver
The biggest plus for me well be when your husband's hospitality business goes to the wall because he can't get slave Labour from eastern Europe.
This is a huge plus and will make our Labour market a more level playing field.
We can then adopt an aussie style points system for immigration. It's proven in Australia and Canada and will be great for us.
If you can't see any other benefits then you must be mentally impaired or a momentum supporter.

On 9 Sep 2018 at 2:02pm Points make prizes wrote:
But we need sub min. wage workers by the thousands.

On 9 Sep 2018 at 2:17pm @Rolypoly wrote:
Iím a 46 year old male that works in IT, good guess though.
But all credit to you, youíre the only person who had the balls to actually say immigration.
FYI EU nationals are paid the same as U.K. workers (ie theyíre not cheap or under cutting us) and we have the power to kick out any EU nationals who donít have a job within 3 months, we just donít have to customs system to track them and remove them.
The best bit is the incompetent part of the whole picture is the U.K. government, as shown by the cluster f*** that is Brexit, and you somehow think everything will be ok with them at the helm.
Well weíll see what happens but I have a sneaking suspicion youíre not going to be that happy when you realise it will be a soft Brexit that leaves us in the EU in all but name.

On 9 Sep 2018 at 7:10pm happiness wrote:
Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid

On 10 Sep 2018 at 8:54am @Happiness wrote:
And you should know, you canít give a single positive of Brexit. Does it actually get any stupider?

2 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:132
Boroughs tableau 2015

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo