Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Brexit....Did I do the wrong thing?

On 24 Jan 2017 at 2:55pm Worried Brexiter wrote:
I voted to leave the EU but I am beginning to think I did the wrong thing.This hard line brexit is not what I voted for,Perhaps I was not fully aware of the implications for myself, but more importantly for my kids and grandchildren. I am seriously worried. I think we are going to suffer great financial hardship and heaven knows what else.I`m a afraid I was been taken in by the right wing press.We live and learn.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 3:02pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
You were posting anti-Brexit posts before the referendum, so I don't believe a word you say.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm Mark wrote:
I dunno... It's got the trademark Paul Newman lack of extra space after a punctuation point. As well as the French accent grave - the downward sloping one instead of apostrohies. Two mistakes that he makes in just about every post. I think that he's trying to hoodwink - such a crafty guy. Painting this touching picture of a despairing Brexiteer. He should be with MI5.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 3:37pm Mark wrote:
Pn also Baldrick in the last Brexit thread. Look at the punctuation. The same pattern. I've never seen anyone else ever make of using French accents as apostrophies.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 3:42pm Ingerland uber alles wrote:
Brexit .A NATION REBORN !
On 24 Jan 2017 at 3:53pm Plain Jane wrote:
Yes it's Paul alright, still at least he keeps this forum going. I'm sure most would agree that eithout him this forum would be boring
On 24 Jan 2017 at 4:21pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Perhaps we should take a poll on that. I'm not bothered by what he says - everyone's entitled to their opinion - but I can't bear the space hogging. If he can't get his point across in a few simple sentences, he should give up.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 4:40pm Trumps Alternative Facts wrote:
Brexit will make you all very rich and tremendously happy.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 4:55pm Clifford wrote:
Worried Brexiter wrote: 'I voted to leave the EU but I am beginning to think I did the wrong thing.This hard line brexit is not what I voted for...'

Oh, really? What did you vote for then, half in and half out. Come on, we know you voted Remain but think this is a clever little ploy.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 5:08pm Trump Trade Deal wrote:
Britain.......... now I have you by the short and curlies.
On 24 Jan 2017 at 5:55pm Newms wrote:
Not me,people are always getting that wrong , no ideas why
On 25 Jan 2017 at 8:21am Stay calm wrote:
Stay calm old boy, we have to defend ourselves from European laws and European bureaucratics as well as fundamental terrorism. It's good we can be British again, an island nation. I feel like it's the Battle of Britain all over again, Onwards we march to victory! Tally ho !!! Bandits twelve o'clock.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 8:28am England 1 - Europe 0 wrote:
If Theresa May pulls off a good deal it will be akin to the film 'Escape to Victory'

On 25 Jan 2017 at 8:42am Doblo wrote:
It's good that we are out so we don't have to keep entering and coming last in the Eurovision Song Contest time and time again.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 8:52am Sussex Jim wrote:
We will probably continue to enter the song contest, as it is not connected to membership of the EU. But once we are out we will no longer be a puppet on a string.

On 25 Jan 2017 at 9:25am Pedro wrote:
Yeah, we will still enter the Eurovision Song contest, and instead of finishing 3rd from last, we will finish last. Even if we resurrected The Beatles, we would probably only receive a token point from Ireland.

Of course doing badly in the Eurovision Song contest is highly entertaining anyway, so I don't think this is an undesirable consequence of Brexit.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 9:54am Sussex Lad wrote:
I voted out to save our British pound. I didn't want it to be affected by the current Euro crisis. Greece last year and it could easily be another country this year.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 11:23am Another Brexiteer wrote:
I only voted OUT because of the promise to spend the money on the NHS. It now looks like that won't be happening.
What will Mrs May be spending it on?
On 25 Jan 2017 at 11:35am Erm... wrote:
So your vote was pointless then Sussex Lad, because we still had the pound, were never going to join the Euro, and have not been affected by the Euro crisis for some time now. We were/still are in the EU, not the EMU.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 12:00pm Hot Lips wrote:
OP you are a total knob. Get a life you saddo.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 12:11pm Idiot Savant wrote:
I voted without really knowing what anyone was talking about or whether anyone was telling the truth and without any idea of the impact on me and my family if we stayed or left. I think this is the same as most people whose minds were already made up. Look at this way, if it all goes pear shaped in the coming years there will be no where to hide. One only has to look at Mr Tony Blair to realise how quickly someone can move from Saint to Sinner or Mr David Cameron to how successful David Blaine's disappearing lessons can be. Now we have voted, Article 50 is inevitable and we must work to make this successful along with EU negotiations (unlikely as we can agree our end but 27 countries need to agree theirs) this may only be possible if Jeremy Corbyn disappears up his own Jam Pan. My greatest worry is knowing we have no leaders, with any intellect, understanding, imagination or steel.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 12:58pm Rain Man wrote:
No steel after 1988. Libs lost their way then.
On 25 Jan 2017 at 2:15pm Hot Lips wrote:
at least we don't have Trump
On 25 Jan 2017 at 4:51pm Jelly Fish wrote:
My vote was out, as I believe parliament should make our laws up and not Europe. Trump is a strong man and we need someone like him on our side to negotiate to be completely out. We should walk away from Europe totally.

On 25 Jan 2017 at 5:03pm Anchor man wrote:
We need to walk away with nothing a give them nothing. Make our country strong and proud again. We should now trade with our commonwealth friends.

On 25 Jan 2017 at 5:07pm Fibi wrote:
Yes we should join the commonwealth !!
On 25 Jan 2017 at 5:49pm Erm... wrote:
Yeah, lets buy everything from Canada and Australia, and ship it as cheaply as it comes in on lorries through the channel tunnel! Oh, hang on, that's impossible, what a stupid person I am!
As a matter of interest, how do Brexiteers think about dealing with French Canadians?

On 25 Jan 2017 at 6:08pm Tasty Tracey wrote:
I agree we should trade with the commonwealth countries, back to our roots. French Canadians are good people I don't see them as problematic, I know a few, nice folks really. For me I did a protest vote against the conservative government.

9 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:143
English view

I hope my red right hand will be ok;) more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes