Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Boy racer

3
5
On 9 Sep 2010 at 11:22pm Dave wrote:
£You lot need to grow up what are young people round lewes ment to do there is nothing to do would u ruther them get in to crime and drugs robin people I no what I would want and they dont even drive fast it is just coz there cars are lould
1
2
On 9 Sep 2010 at 11:53pm Rev A R P Blair wrote:
Hello Dave.
You say "£You lot need to grow up". Well Dave, most of us posting here are grown up, and that is why we get worried by people driving like bell ends.
Also, you seem to suggest that young folk in Lewes have to choose between (i) driving round like bell ends or (ii) getting into crime and drugs and robbing people. But I believe there is a third way, and that third way involves getting a job, paying taxes, and contributing to society rather than taking from it.
2
1
On 9 Sep 2010 at 11:54pm MC wrote:
There is a wealth of things to do. Use your imagination. Your problem is not that there is nothing to do.
3
1
On 10 Sep 2010 at 12:22am Kev wrote:
Dave what are you ? 17, 18 ,19 at a push. Certainly not a man.
When your son or daughter runs out and gets knocked down by one of these idiots then come on here and tell us they are doing nothing wrong. They may not appear to be doing anything but young people especially boys can be extremely dangerous behind the wheel as proven.
It also suggests to me that from your grammar and spelling as well as your comment "they dont even drive fast it is just coz there cars are lould" suggests to me that you are infact one of them.
As MC suggest use your imagination, get a job and start living your life as it should be lived!
 
1
On 10 Sep 2010 at 12:31am Simon wrote:
Where abouts do u live kev
 
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 5:43am Landporter wrote:
@Dave. Doing your motor up and having it nice and loud is all part of being young as is gathering round with your motors and having a natter with your mates, i was there myself some 25 years ago.
However, tearing up and down narrow residential streets at an unbelievable speed is not on. I get 3 or 4 different cars bombing up my road in Landport on a daily basis and that's up a street where many kids are out playing.
It's only started recently and seems to focus around one family (whose son owns a blue Saxo, although he drives pretty safely, it's his mates that are the problem)
So have a think about it next time you want to put your foot down in residential areas, someone will get killed one day if it continues.
1
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 7:12am Newmania wrote:
I agree with Landporter. What about speed bumps? When I lived in London they could not wait to put them in and there are far more children around Lewes. That would stop it good and proper.
People that want to race cars can go and do stock car racing there is a circuit at Ardingley where I recently spent an enjoyable afternoon supporting Ball Bag, marginally the most suicidal of them. Highly entertaining, blitzkreig noisy and my god they get a move on.
For people who really enjoy danger I recommend attending the unlicensed boxing event at Moulscombe Community Leisure Centre this Saturday Eve. Knowing one or two of the fighters as I do, I would estimate about twenty seconds of danger and excitement for anyone drunk enough to fancy their chances.
Probably be a better fight than Hayes v Harrison come to think of it
 
2
On 10 Sep 2010 at 9:38am F1 DRIVER...... YEH MAN! wrote:
i fort they done parks 4 kids 2 play in..... not along roads any way!!
3
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 10:24am Slightly Cynical wrote:
They also did schools for kids to learn English in....
3
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 10:38am Death Trap Driver wrote:
So, is anyone else thinking a few problems might be solved if there was an IQ test as part of the driving test? Minimum requirement of 80 maybe?
1
4
On 10 Sep 2010 at 11:11am deaf wrote:
I agree with Dave would you rather people started doing drugs n getting into crime coz that would be something else. You could sit on here and moan about! Young people sitting outside your houses getting drugged up or breaking into your houses! If your worried about your children then why let them play near a road in the first place most people have gardens just seems a bit stupid to me that you let your kids play by a road anyway!
1
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 11:45am Slightly Cynical wrote:
I'm sorry Dave and Deaf, but your argument just doesn't stack up. If that was the only option for todays youth, than the whole country would be awash with antisocial boy racers, drug dealers and burglars. The fact is it is not. Quite the opposite in fact, the country is full of people that were never boy racers, and as far as I know, very few of them have ever felt the need to get drugged up and go breaking into houses. You say there is nothing to do, well you are living in an age where there is far more to do than at any time in the past. Pretty much everyone else seems to get on with their lives and make something of themselves. If you don't think kids should be allowed to play footbal in the street, then why do you play at being racing drivers in the street? I know the answer, it is because you think it makes you look cool, but how cool do you think you will look with a small child bouncing off your bonnet?. To be honest there have been boy racers around for years, but driving like an idiot in a car that sounds like the exhaust pipe has fallen off, has never been considered cool.
 
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 11:55am Deelite wrote:
Who does it make them look cool too? Their younger brothers maybe (sad for them to have role models like this). To most people they look pathetic and hopeless.
 
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 12:09pm Down and Out wrote:
Thing is, when I was a kid we used to race cars like idiots, too. And we had genuinely quick cars, not the embarrassing kiddie carts like Corsas, because insurance wasn't the nightmare it is now.
But we used to be on country lanes, well out of sight. What I don't get is why these kids want to hang out outside Mummy's house or in Tesco's car park. Isn't that a bit lame? Do kids these days lack imagination?
 
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 12:14pm Fitzgerald Henry wrote:
The mums, late for the school run, driving sugar daddy's tank, are the ones that try and run me and my family over. Slowdown ladies and eat your pastries before you get behind the wheel.
 
 
On 10 Sep 2010 at 12:38pm Rothstein wrote:
I once got quite reckless on a skateboard in my youth!
 
 
On 14 Sep 2010 at 12:20am saxo boy with odd wheels wrote:
what about the blue saxo if any one wants a pic just ask u find some thing for people to do then
 
 
On 14 Sep 2010 at 6:07pm SpotTheDog wrote:
Hey Saxo, some suggestions Kiddo!
This thread is a bit old and tired, try a new post if you want to re-start something.
Try writing in English.
Join together any and one.
Join together some and thing.
Use full stops after any abbreviation.
You are asking a question so try one of these... ? It's called a question mark.
Why would anyone want a picture of an old down-market French car?
If you want something to do why not try an english language evening class?

 
 
On 15 Sep 2010 at 3:39pm Worried mother wrote:
Wit is lost on these racing knob heads....IQ of an oily rag...
1
1
On 15 Sep 2010 at 8:15pm BigJim wrote:

I think it is rather amusing how u "adults" are lowering ur selfs to these people your calling kids - I thought adults walked away from arguments rather than carry on with them.. shame on you!!!
Right, now back on subject...
I know many of these "boy racers" and if you were to meet them, most are decent respectable people. Just because they like to drive fast does not make them uneducated or unemployed. Just because they dont wear a suit to work does not mean they are stuipid.
In fact, these people are quite intelligent... How do you think they do up their cars?? They do it themselves.. How many of you "adults" have the know how when it comes to fitting a new engine in a car?? I certainly dont. But, what i do know is if i needed some work done on my car they would be more than happy to do it at a knock down price... Mainly because they enjoy it and its their hobby.. something your claiming these "thugs" dont have.
Seriously, you say about going to collage or getting jobs.. Are they ment to do that 24/7?? No!! they want time to relax/chill out.. Rather than going to the pub for a few drinks they decide to park up in the local supermarket car park, trying to keep out the way of you "adult" folk.
Now im not saying it is right to speed down residental streets, but at the same time kids need to respect the road.. its not a place to play football or run around in..
Only 15 years ago i remember running out in front of a car, although i was lucky and wasnt hit, my mum found out and she punished me by sending me to my room and took away my responsiblity of walking to school on my own.. These day EVERYTHING is the drivers fault..
TEACH KIDS THE GREEN X CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou and good night
1
1
On 16 Sep 2010 at 10:27am Tax payer wrote:
The 'boy racers' up the Nevill are rude, intimidating (or try to be), drive the wrong way round the crescent, leave litter on the road etc.
I rest my case m'lud..
 
1
On 16 Sep 2010 at 2:45pm bubble wrote:
And far from working 24/7 they don't work at all they live off the state, i.e. anyone who pays taxes!
 
1
On 16 Sep 2010 at 5:24pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Which is why they're probably happy to fix your car at "a knock down price" for cash. that and the fact they have no overheads, insurance etc.
1
 
On 16 Sep 2010 at 5:50pm Bigjim wrote:
Dont get me wrong, there are always exceptions.. But the majority of these people do work hard and pay taxes. Personally, i think people are just as rude when they call hard working people jobless scrongers. I go back to the the fact people are sayin these guys need to grow up... Mayb u 'adults' need to ignore them rather than giving them the argument.
Its people like bubble that cause these problem. How many of these boy racers do you actually know the names of?? Are you watching them every second of every week queuing down the job centre??No!! You just stick lables on people because they do something you dissagree with
If people took time out to communicate with one another rather than slaggin eachother off we might get somewhere.
I know many of these people do drive to fast and it is dangerous. But when padestrians take action to protect themselves like looking both ways before they cross a road, or waiting for the 'green man' at traffic lights or even take the headphones out of your ears then you have a moan about people speeding.. Why should people look out for you when you cant look after yourselves.
It might seem like i am taking the side of boy racers but infact i agree, they need to slow down, but they dont deserve to be bitched about just because they want to park up and have a chat with oneanother.. How about next time you see them, go and talk to them.. Maybe you have a problem with your car.. Pop down to tescos and ask there FREE advice.. Im sure they'll be more than happy to help.
Bit of advice from me.. Dont throw personal insults and slag then off.. Try and understand why they speed and do the other things they do.. Because if you takenthe time to understand, maybe everyome could learn to respect eachothers motives.
Sorry the spelling is not 100% pefect.. Im not a jobless scronger... Im posting using a phone and my thumbs are to fat for my key pad...
 
1
On 16 Sep 2010 at 6:36pm bubble wrote:
if the one's I am referring to have a job I don't know when they actually work as they can be seen at all hours of every day hanging around. Did try talking to them but was told to F*** off. Big Jim you seem to be talking from an alternate orrifice.
1
 
On 17 Sep 2010 at 7:07am Bigjim wrote:
Like i said... Have YOU seen the 'one' boy racer in the dole queue?? I did say that 'most' of them work hard.
All im trying to do is be a voice of reason, and you start trading personal insults to someone you have never met. So, im going to do what most people say in these situations and tell you to go do 1.
1
 
On 17 Sep 2010 at 7:29am Bigjim wrote:
Like i said... Have YOU seen the 'one' boy racer in the dole queue?? I did say that 'most' of them work hard.
All im trying to do is be a voice of reason, and you start trading personal insults to someone you have never met. So, im going to do what most people say in these situations and tell you to go do 1.
 
1
On 17 Sep 2010 at 8:51am bubble wrote:
Heard you the first time Big Jim, like I said the one's I'm talking about are around all day, I can only speak as I find and no I've never seen a boy racer in the dole queue, in fact I've never seen a dole queue, been far to busy working!
 
 
On 17 Sep 2010 at 9:15am Mother wrote:
They wouldn't last 5 minutes in a proper job....every other word is a swear word, they are rude and unpleasant....it's disgusting that they are housed so close to a toddlers play park....
 
1
On 17 Sep 2010 at 10:40am Nevill Resident wrote:
If all these people were doing was parking up and having a chat, Big Jim, then nobody would have a problem w. The thing is they are not just doing that, they are abusive to people that speak to them, they use unacceptable language in front of little kids, they leave the place in a mess with their empty drink cans and general rubbish, they have no respect for other road users or pedestrians. Whether on the dole or not is really irrelevant to their behaviour, and it is certainly no excuse for it. OK maybe one or two of them are not like that as individuals, but they are judged by the people they choose to hang around with. If they don't want to be associated with the behaviour of the group as a whole, then don't associate with them.
1
1
On 17 Sep 2010 at 3:32pm Bigjim wrote:
Well, we seem to be getting somewhere now lol.. Im getting spoken to rather than abused. All my point was/is the fact we should not label people. I dont condone any of the above behaviour but unfortunatly untill you learn to ignore it, they will carry on. In their minds if you want to moan, they'll give you something to moan about.
1
1
On 17 Sep 2010 at 5:51pm Leveller wrote:
Why should anti social behaviour be ignored Bigjim ?
You obviously won't mind if a couple of people smack you in the face because if you ignore it, it'll soon stop.
Un-bloody-believable.
i bet you'd soon have something to say if they were doing this outside your gaff.
1
 
On 17 Sep 2010 at 7:14pm Bigjim wrote:
Lol... how many of these boy racers have you been assulted by (unprovoked)?? Ok, they are a bit anti-social, but dropping a bit of litter and f'ing and jeff-ing is hardly assault or a major crime is it? Ok, unpleasant it may be but its not like they are robbing your houses.
I understand your comments and sympathise, but after reading what people say on here im not suprised they react by rebeling.
I live around the Blois Road area(in Landport), and if you go up there you will see several stock/banger racing cars along with other vehicles they are *WORKING* (must hightlight this because they are all aparently jobless scroungers) on. Often I ask them to keep the noise levels down and they respond respectfully.
Like I keep saying, there are alway going to be anti-social people, but some time you need to leave room for a comprimise..
If it is 1 or 2 people up Neville causing you problems its not "boy racers" causing you the problem.
The problem with this country is everyone is labeled...
You are unemployed = you must be a scrounger
Foreigners = Come here to scronge or the state
Binge Drinkers = Must all be thugs
Football fans = Thugs
Im sure you get my drift... So, how do you stop a handfull of people causing you problems?? You stop labeling everyone and treat each person as an individual. If you have noisey neighbours that leave litter etc contact enviromental health. If they are being anti-social contact the police. If the residents that are unhappy club together maybe you could by a CCTV to record this behaviour.
I go back to Levellers point about ignoring them... Sorry, I didnt expain my self correctly as I wa in a rush. By ignoring them, I mean stop the bitching and do what I suggested above


 
1
On 17 Sep 2010 at 7:44pm Leveller wrote:
QUOTE Like I keep saying, there are alway going to be anti-social people, but some time you need to leave room for a comprimise.. QUOTE
And the comprimise is ? They do what they like and we put up with it.
1
 
On 17 Sep 2010 at 8:18pm Bigjim wrote:
By letting them do up their cars and 'hang' with their mates and have a chat and you guys stop slagging them off and associating all boy racers as anti social thugs.
I still cant help but feel your missing my points...
Are all boy racers jobless scroungers? No
Are boy racers the only people that speed/drive dangerously? No

Are all boy racers antisocial? No
Are people with other 'labels' guilty of the above? Yes
Do parents need to take responsabilty of teaching their kids not to mess about in the road? Yes
If you stopped slagging off all boy racers, the law abiding ones will show you the respect you no doubt deserve, leaving the real thugs standing out for all to see.

 
 
On 18 Sep 2010 at 11:32pm AHMED IMADINNERJACKET wrote:
Maybe we should change the heading of this thread from boy racers to anti social yobs as when they are boy racing they are not hanging around on the corner of the green being a nuiscense, they are just a menace on the roads...I was nearly knocked over by one on my bike a while back, he missaed me by no more than 2". Did he appologise when I caught up with him a couple of minutes later......did he hell!!!!!
1
 
On 20 Sep 2010 at 9:10am Bigjim wrote:
Lol...here we go again... A bad driver cuts up a cyclist so he must be a boy racer. The truth is there are many pedestrians that miss use the road along with cyclists that im suprised are still alive. Going through red lights, cutting you up, driving in the middle of the road preventing cars over taking.
For me boy racers are young lads or even lasses that have a keen intrest in cars. They will spend there time doing up or working on cars. They also like to cruise around in convoy of mates after which they will park up and have general conversation. Much the same as the convosation you or i would have when we bump into a friend in the supermarket or even the pub.
Are there boy racers that break the road laws?? Yes... But there are not the only danger on the road... So leave the law abiding ones to do what they do and lets focus on the people on the road that are a risk.
As for the antisocial behavour, same principle applies... Not all of them are antisocial so dont treat them ALL like they are
1
 
On 20 Sep 2010 at 9:27am Bigjim wrote:
Lol...here we go again... A bad driver cuts up a cyclist so he must be a boy racer. The truth is there are many pedestrians that miss use the road along with cyclists that im suprised are still alive. Going through red lights, cutting you up, driving in the middle of the road preventing cars over taking.
For me boy racers are young lads or even lasses that have a keen intrest in cars. They will spend there time doing up or working on cars. They also like to cruise around in convoy of mates after which they will park up and have general conversation. Much the same as the convosation you or i would have when we bump into a friend in the supermarket or even the pub.
Are there boy racers that break the road laws?? Yes... But there are not the only danger on the road... So leave the law abiding ones to do what they do and lets focus on the people on the road that are a risk.
As for the antisocial behavour, same principle applies... Not all of them are antisocial so dont treat them ALL like they are
2
 
On 25 Sep 2010 at 9:50am Ross Nunn wrote:
Nevill Resident - I would like to know who you are referring to as 'work dodger'? Have you got your head so far in your computer that you are loosing touch with the real world?! Take a look at our country's financial climate and current employment rate. You have boss', cheif executives of big compaines or organisations being forced out of their highly paid jobs, taking positions paying less than 15 grand a year. With that and all the immagrants and asylum seekers taking jobs paying 20p a day (because british people wont work for pennies) given that, please share with me how it's easy or even possible for people to find decent employment with our country's current state??
So, unless you can s**t out a few jobs on the spot paying real money, then I suggest you shut the f**k up!!
2
 
On 25 Sep 2010 at 12:01pm Ross Nunn wrote:
I have to ask all the people with a problem about the 'boy racers'. Have any of you actually approached them? You all sit on your computers giving it the charlie big potato bit, but none of you have the stones to speak to any of them. I think you would be surprised with the response you would get. I don't think you realise that calling the police makes things harder for everyone. 9/10 times they are not doing annything but working on their cars. it's when the police come round telling them they cant fix their cars that the frustration kicks in. Maybe if all the lewes folk stopped objecting to new developmets in Lewes that youg people would have something else to do. i.e cinema complex, arcade etc. Lewes rebuplicans have to accept the fact that time is moving on and this town some day has to move forward with the rest of the world. Lewes can still be an historic town. I dont see how a complext with a mcdonalds and a few shops could alter that.
1
 
On 25 Sep 2010 at 12:03pm dickeye!! wrote:
totally agree with you ross nunn!!!
 
 
On 27 Sep 2010 at 2:58pm Bigjim wrote:
Here here!!! Somebody by that man a drink!!!


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Starfish Studios Lewes 109:132
Starfish Studios Lewes

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare