Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Boundary

On 8 Mar 2016 at 6:08pm No Need To Take A Fence wrote:
Hello - I've got no easy access to my deeds, but need to know who owns which fences on the boundaries off my garden.
Is there any way to find out?
On 8 Mar 2016 at 6:32pm Ben wrote:
Land registry. Will cost you a couple of quid for them to send you plans, but they should show what you need to know. Usually there is a small arrow pointing at the boundaries belonging to the property.
On 8 Mar 2016 at 7:05pm Harold wrote:
As a rough guide, the fence belons to the back of the fence, so the posts are on your land if its your fence.
On 9 Mar 2016 at 12:19am Belladonna wrote:
I presume you've asked your neighbours already ?
If you are in a terrace, then it will be either the right or left side, but not both.
The polite way of erecting a fence used to be to have the fence posts on your side and the flat face of the fence on the neighbours, but this isn't always adhered too. If it's a brick or stone wall, or a hedge, there's no way to tell.
On 9 Mar 2016 at 12:29pm Ali wrote:
It's very odd when people put thumbs down when others are offering helpful advice to a legitimate question. I'll get some now.
On 9 Mar 2016 at 12:55pm No Need To Take A Fence wrote:
Thanks Ali - agreed, I found the advice useful, and appreciate it.
On 10 Mar 2016 at 11:47am Ben wrote:
Only a total despicable, bitter, sad little fu**er would go to the trouble of downthumbing a helpful unbiased post.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Beer garden 9:143
Beer garden

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington