Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Boot market blues...

On 19 May 2010 at 8:17pm Mr Change wrote:
I don't know about you guys but I think the boot market is a bit rubbish nowadays, I have been going on a Sunday morning for many years, but recently, well I guess the last year or so, there are about 20 odd dealers and traders, and 5 real boot market people, maybe 10 if you're lucky... I would like to see a special rate to encourage local sellers or maybe even increased prices for dealers/traders (To be honest I am not sure if there is any difference currently). I have done a couple of boot markets in the last year but I must confess I didn't choose Lewes...

On 20 May 2010 at 11:05am Off-Message wrote:
It probably doesn't matter much whether there are loads of traders so long as genuine clear-out-the-tat car booters can get a pitch if they want one at a reasonable rate. In any case I think it would be difficult at the margin to make a distinction as while the people selling antiquey bric-a-brac are probably nor car booters in the same sense as those clearing out their New Kids On The Block LPs, they still have interesting stalls with car booty-type items on them. And I guess some browsers go for both the traders and the car booters? The real problem probably has more to do with the parking situation in Lewes and the clamping saga outside Laura Ashley.

35 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lansdown Penny 117:132
The Lansdown Penny

It's disconcerting to see Priti Patel called an idiot right at the beginning. One might find her offensive and dislike her but... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa