Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire question

On 22 Oct 2016 at 2:07pm Longshanks wrote:
Does anyone know how many Clubcard points Southover get with their display?
On 22 Oct 2016 at 2:16pm Not The Clarion wrote:
Similar to the mighty Cliffe. Check our guide to bonfire for further details.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 2:44pm Wotcha wrote:
I thought that the sale of Cliffe's "Bonfire Guide" had been banned.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 4:39pm smarter than cliffe wrote:
Clife said they wouldn't publish their guide to bonfire two yaers ago, and again last year and again this year - they have robbed other societies of much needed funds for their own by nobbling tourists. That's not the bonfire spirit,of "true to each other", more like "to hell with all others". that could be Cliffe's new motto, they are not second to none, they are at the bottom with the pond life.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
Agreed. They think they're too clever by half. Run by arseholes who don't understand what bonfire is all about.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 5:02pm Howard wrote:
More miss informed fools!!!

On 22 Oct 2016 at 9:41pm SEGAS wrote:
Ssssssssssss
On 22 Oct 2016 at 10:48pm Billy Bull wrote:
The irony of all this is that to the outsider and many insiders too, Southover have more respect for bonfire than Cliffe.
On 22 Oct 2016 at 11:50pm Geoffrey Paddle wrote:
I love Firework Night in Lewes. Go Team Winterbourne.
On 23 Oct 2016 at 2:34pm On the Nevill wrote:
Funny, I saw a lot of Cliffe members helping with the setting up and clearing up after Nevill Bonfire last night. Didn't see many (Any) from other societies pitching in.
On 23 Oct 2016 at 6:52pm Rocket Science wrote:
That's because there are people in the Cliffe that understand what bonfire is about, and don't just go online slagging off things they know nothing about like some members of other societies seem to enjoy doing on here.
On 23 Oct 2016 at 7:42pm Bonfire boy wrote:
Absolutely right, Rocket science, there are a people in our society who understand. Sadly there is a VERY vocal minority who cause all the negative attention.
On 23 Oct 2016 at 8:03pm Fisher king wrote:
Yet i saw many from Cliffe, Commercial, Borough and Southover helping out. Strange how blinkered some on here can be
On 23 Oct 2016 at 8:51pm Rocket Science wrote:
That's excellent Fisher King. Didn't notice that myself, but good for them!
On 24 Oct 2016 at 9:31am guido wrote:
Not the infamous Newell "fisher" back is it... I do hope not..
On 24 Oct 2016 at 9:47am Fisher King wrote:
Who is the newell fisher. Not a clue what youre talking about so probably not me
On 24 Oct 2016 at 11:08am voice of reason wrote:
fact, all societies members helped out at nevill. fact, all societies had a good night at nevill, fact, all societies had members at Bonfire prayers, Fact, Cliffe have been a tad naughty this year, nothing wrong with printing a time table of the nights events, some societies programmes have done that in the past in fact as far back as 1920's what is a bit naughty was promoting it as the only guide you need to buy, probally affecting the sales of other society programmes, Cliffe have in fact already discussed this with the societies and the matter has been dealt with so any opinions voiced here are irrelevant. Put your efforts into helping your own societies instead of bitching about others , get out and sell harder. too many 5th ers in this town and thats a fact.
On 24 Oct 2016 at 12:20pm Penguin wrote:
Well said, VOR
On 24 Oct 2016 at 1:32pm astrid wrote:
It is a fact that they had talked to other societies and said they would include other timetables and for second year running have missed us all out! They are miss informing the paying public and screwing other societies over. FACT
Glossing over how Cliffe have behaved.......FACT
On 24 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm Howard wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz
On 24 Oct 2016 at 3:15pm Simon LeBonfire wrote:
Sorry Astrid, but I think it is you that needs to find out the facts. You might be surprised!
On 24 Oct 2016 at 6:34pm Billy Bull wrote:
Please VoR tell us how it has been resolved as you seem to know more than others? Humiliating apology from Cliffe?
On 24 Oct 2016 at 6:43pm Gardener wrote:
"Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious." Phillips Brooks
On 24 Oct 2016 at 9:26pm Local wrote:
I'm happy to go by Bonco meeting minutes - and so am 100% happy that VOR is talking out of a small puckered hole that isn't a mouth.
On 24 Oct 2016 at 10:09pm Simon LeBonfire wrote:
You could learn something too Local......

On 25 Oct 2016 at 12:19am Local wrote:
What is that supposed to mean?
Anyone in the know is well aware of the facts.
On 25 Oct 2016 at 2:44am Voice of Reason wrote:
Bonfire societies sort their internal matters out in private not in the pages of social or anti social media, ever heard of Bonco Billy Bull?
On 25 Oct 2016 at 8:24am Paul Neuman wrote:
I heard it was resolved by Cliffe offering lessons in making a decent programme to the other societies for next year.
On 25 Oct 2016 at 3:17pm astrid wrote:
They said they would put other societies timetables in and yet again have lied funny a bit like you are now!! they are selling a so called official bonfire programme without all details. I am Boycotting it!!
On 25 Oct 2016 at 3:33pm Simon Le Bonfire wrote:
Boycott it and you will hurt your own society! As I said, you should find out some facts!
On 25 Oct 2016 at 9:01pm astrid wrote:
care to explain your comment? how exactly will i be hurting my own society?
On 25 Oct 2016 at 9:14pm Simon LeBonfire wrote:
Ask someone on your committee.
On 25 Oct 2016 at 11:18pm astrid wrote:
that's really funny, no answer for me ahh? lmao
On 26 Oct 2016 at 6:21am Billy Bull wrote:
Instead of buying the Cliffe programme I'm buying another copy of my own society programme and will boycott Cliffe's completely. Suggest others do the same.
On 26 Oct 2016 at 8:30am Simon Le Bonfire wrote:
You will find out in good time. It's not for me to say. In the meantime keep up the childishness, it's a great advert for bonfire!
On 26 Oct 2016 at 11:41am astrid wrote:
I feel very sad that you don't seem to understand what bonfire night stands for and the comradery among a lot of societies......yet in this particular situ your society is lacking. it is for you to say as you are the one saying all this yet not backing it up??!!!!

On 26 Oct 2016 at 1:37pm Simona wrote:
Hi everyone!
I need some information about the Bonfire celebration. My friends and I want to come to Lewes but it seems impossible to leave the town once the fireworks are over. No trains, no bus and we cannot book a taxi. They told me that there will be a taxi rank. Do you think is it possible to take a taxi that night? We need to find a way to reach our accommodation in Southease. Thanks

On 27 Oct 2016 at 9:00pm DFL wrote:
@Simona - go away
On 28 Oct 2016 at 12:44pm Simon Le Bonfire wrote:
You have gone quiet Astrid. Does that mean you have now found out the facts?

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes busker 61:143
Lewes busker

If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina