Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire memories (not for rants)

On 13 Oct 2008 at 6:44pm The Webmaster wrote:
Hi
I want to create a section on this site all about Bonfire but mostly about peoples experience of it.
What are your best, worst, funniest memories/stories of it.
What does it mean to you? Love it? Hate it?
What does it do for Lewes, how could it be better.
I want to create a section that embodies the attitudes of the town to our biggest annual celebration.
If you just want to write someting short add it to this thread but if you can write something more feel free to use the contact page to send me articles, stories, histories, images whatever you can.

If you want to rant about it can you do that in another thread please?

On 14 Oct 2008 at 8:32pm MP wrote:
I remember taking too many magic mushrooms the first time I went to the fireworks. I found the experience elemental and primitive. The thin veneer of civilisation had dissolved so much it was see-through. It felt pagan and un-civilized.. almost like a riot in the offing... dangerous....
I loved it......
until...
I was in gathering round a bonfire (probably cliffe) and the press of the crowd behind was so much that I was being forced closer and closer to the fire itself and getting hotter and hotter.... feeling like a pig on a spit.... and then some total cretins started throwing bangers into the crowd...
I got out and went and had a joint by the river.
Is that the sort of story you want?
:-)

35 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

This morning some runners from Lewes (hardy souls given the downpours) were passing along the lanes in East Chiltington when they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell