Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire is Diversity - the petition

On 29 Oct 2017 at 8:58pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
Please sign if you oppose racism, sexism and homophobia and support Bonfire.

Check it out here »
On 29 Oct 2017 at 10:09pm Hot Lips wrote:
God almighty.
On 29 Oct 2017 at 10:25pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
This is bigger than God hotlips. MUCH bigger but not bigger than Costa Coffee.
On 29 Oct 2017 at 10:43pm Fister wrote:
Well at least we now know that at least 75% of the aggressive posts on here supporting the Zulus were by various sockpuppets of everyone's favourite Bonfire expert, Knowall Fister. Can't fault your enthusiasm dude but you are last person anyone would want on their side in an argument and continuing to bang on about this is doing more harm than good.
On 30 Oct 2017 at 7:15am Look and Learn wrote:
I very much doubt that
If you follow the many fb threads on this subject you’ll NF has been anything but aggressive
On 30 Oct 2017 at 10:10am !!!! wrote:
This is doublespeak! Talk about twisting words. So Borough Bonfire zulus ignore the requests of BAME locals who are offended by blackface in the name of Bonfire tradition, ignoring the fact that the tradition of blacking up for any representation of an oppressed race is offensive ! You can't make this Shyte up. Anyone who signs this is feeble
On 30 Oct 2017 at 10:35am Eric wrote:
Signed.
On 30 Oct 2017 at 11:07am Newell wrote:
Ah Mr Fister, the latest incarnation of my creepy stalker, with yet another lie
On 30 Oct 2017 at 11:41am @!!!! wrote:
Try thinking outside your doctrinal tunnel vision and consider the possibility that those you are insulting have no malicious intent whatsoever.
On 30 Oct 2017 at 11:43am Flat Eric wrote:
I flatly refuse to sign anything.
On 30 Oct 2017 at 6:03pm And that's a fact wrote:
Flatly you are taking the Michael and thats a fact

On 30 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm Pedro wrote:
Ugh....
On 31 Oct 2017 at 12:21am Bonfire Boy wrote:
Game over I would suggest.

Check it out here »
On 31 Oct 2017 at 5:25am SHS wrote:
Signed yesterday. Well organised Bonfire Boy.
This country's going mad, totally obsessed with not upsetting minorities, so much so that the silent majority are being chained up (e.g. Christians, heterosexuals, women that want to wear dresses, non-terrorists, people with a job, people who have lived in a town all their lives, etc etc)_
On 31 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm @SHS wrote:
I would say try to avoid the siege mentality. Most of what is done to improve the lot of minority groups is fair enough and doesn't actually impact negatively on everyone else.
But yes, it is always possible to take things too far.
On 1 Nov 2017 at 12:56am Another arsewipe wrote:
250 signs. No great is it? Newell Fisher seems to be second only to Mick Symes in the simple-minded shouty-mouthed league. What is it about Lewes that breeds these idiots?

On 1 Nov 2017 at 4:39pm Helen wrote:
Not many signatures given the number of people involved in Bonfire - maybe because blackface is offensive, tradition is no defence and petitions that seek to include a whole diversity of opinion with a 'disagree with one of us and you disagree with all of us' coercive approach are idiotic.

On 2 Nov 2017 at 2:07pm Mr Fister wrote:
The petition requesting that Borough does not black has not been around as long but has over 1.5 thousand signatures, rather more than shouty Newell Fisher's misconceived petition.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

Yes you're right, the place is scheduled for demolition, just look at mentally impaired vegetable in charge of the once viable... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde
Brighton Jobs