Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire Torches

On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:25pm Bonfire Belle wrote:
Southover Torches are excellent - why don't other societies make their torches properly too
On 7 Nov 2016 at 3:48pm Tpl wrote:
Are you saying that csbs torches arent proper lol
On 7 Nov 2016 at 5:03pm Observer wrote:
So are you saying that a little refinement and use of modern materials is never to be embraced? Do no Societies use electronic firing methods, and still use horse-drawn coaches to attend outmeetings?
On 7 Nov 2016 at 5:50pm Rocket wrote:
So how do Southover make their torches that is so much better?
On 7 Nov 2016 at 5:54pm Tarquin wrote:
Locally sourced sustainable timber used for stick
Organic hemp on top
Fair Trade wire holds it together
On 7 Nov 2016 at 6:37pm SBS wrote:
We buy them from John Lewis.
On 7 Nov 2016 at 7:57pm MR C wrote:
It's all shipped in from London!
On 7 Nov 2016 at 9:29pm spongebob wrote:
Cant beat a couple of bits of toast on a stick, easy to make, no skill required!
On 8 Nov 2016 at 8:41am Rocket wrote:
I assume from the lack of a sensible reply that there is nothing special about SBS torches. Just another attempt at self promotion by them.
On 8 Nov 2016 at 10:39am E wrote:
I was burned a by a Southover torch when I was marching a few years ago - a piece of the fabric flew off one in front and stuck to my neck! They look great but I think the other societies' torches are safer - and much, much quicker to make in large quantities!

On 8 Nov 2016 at 11:25am WOW wrote:
I think you'll find that only Commercial Square have seen the light and make different torches; all other Soc's use hessian still.
On 8 Nov 2016 at 12:50pm Hmmmm wrote:
Seen the light???? They look terrible and burn far too quickly. Is that what CSBS call progress?
On 8 Nov 2016 at 6:31pm Torchmaker wrote:
Southover torch-makers are hilarious. One proclaimed the other week that 70 members had turned up and, in that morning alone, had made a staggering 420 torches.
Or in other words, 6 torches per person! Although, to be fair, I guess it must be difficult to make a torch with a soya bean skinny latte in one's hand.
On 8 Nov 2016 at 9:53pm Cardinal wolsey wrote:
I have found over 20 long capped headed nails along meridian Road in landport from torches, just laying in the gutter, for some poor soul to drive over!

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Impending Sheep 45:132
Impending Sheep

England's third test match against India starts today 9am till 5pm. Wed, Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week... With a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington