Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bonfire Boy Trousers

On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm ClarifiedButler wrote:
Hi All,
Appealing to the helpful people out there! (I know you are here!)
I am marching for the first time this year and am trying to get hold of appropriate trousers for a bonfire boy/smuggler costume. Any advice on where to get these nearby?
TIA!
On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:47pm Angel wrote:
You need sturdy white canvas trousers. Don't get anything tight. Wear leggings underneath . Decorate era trousers or jeans are okay. Charity shops in town sometimes keep stocks - but don't get anything flimsy, you need protecting against rookies!
On 1 Nov 2016 at 2:49pm The Greek wrote:
Charity shops tend to stock white jeans or get some painters trousers
On 1 Nov 2016 at 3:15pm Norman wrote:
I may be able to help. Which way do you dress?
On 1 Nov 2016 at 3:53pm Smuggler wrote:
Yes, decorators trouserrs are okay, and far cheaper than designer white jeans, plus have the advantage of being easier to come by at this time of year. They also cost far less, around 15 a pair from some decorators suppliers.
Two other advantages, they tend to be more accomodating for the "less-thin" gentleman, and also often have numerous pockets to hold bonfire essentials such as a hipflask and rookies etc....
On 1 Nov 2016 at 4:18pm Bonfire wrote:
St. Peter's charity shop had some in last week at the front of the shop
On 2 Nov 2016 at 12:29pm Meic wrote:
Whatever you do, don't buy anything made from articifical fibres. Canvas or woolen flannel are ok, but not, say, modern cricket trousers. A few years ago a prominent Cliffe member did that, fell over on a street fire, and spent the whole period from bonfire to CHristmas Eve in the burns Unit at East Grinsted Hopsitl.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

That's going to blight a lot of people's view across the Ouse. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell