Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Blocked drain

On 6 Oct 2014 at 9:45am Ben wrote:
Are there any local drain-unblockers in Lewes. I would rather keep it local than phone dyno-rod or similar. Thanks in advance folks.

On 6 Oct 2014 at 9:50am someone else wrote:
Try Blockbusters in Glynde; should find them on Google easily enough.
On 6 Oct 2014 at 12:15pm Retired Plumber wrote:
Thanks to the anonymous nature of this forum I can say what I think of Blockbusters ! . Clowns . Also most domestic drains are now adopted by Southern Water !! SO you don`t have to pay anyway . Look at S.W website and ask them to verify whether the drain is yours or theirs . You could also ask for advice on Diynot.com - another poster on Lewes Forum asked there about their bricks for an extension . A very helpful site .
On 6 Oct 2014 at 12:33pm lewes born and bred wrote:
Take a trip to Bunces in Lewes and get some Caustic soda. That'll sort your drains in no time.
On 6 Oct 2014 at 1:16pm Freebie wrote:
Do you get bunce stuff there ? Hard decision - ring SW from comfort of home/office OR buy dodgy chemicals from a shop in a town renowned for C-rap parking
On 6 Oct 2014 at 1:55pm Big Ben in Brighton wrote:
I could try and unblock your drain
On 6 Oct 2014 at 2:55pm queequeg wrote:
Astonished that no one mentioned SF Drainage 473109. Got me out of trouble.
On 6 Oct 2014 at 2:58pm queequeg wrote:
Incidentally caustic soda can do you a lot of damage even when carefully handled and can block a drain as it sets like concrete if only partially dissolved.

On 6 Oct 2014 at 11:50pm mickyboy wrote:
retired plumber, stick to facts, 1, only communal or shared drains are cleared free of charge by swa 2, by calling blockbusters clowns you are showing your ignorance, any company happily & successfully trading for 30 years and being the largest privately owned drainage company in the south of england does not act like or employ clowns. I think that if you had to post under your own name you would keep your ill informed comments to your self ps avoid caustic soda.

On 7 Oct 2014 at 6:23am lewes born and bred wrote:
@mickyboy. Any reason for avoiding caustic soda ? Genuine question as i use it about once every two years if my drain gets blocked and it clears things no problems. The drain in question is the one that takes the waste water from the sinks, bath, washing machine etc and gets blocked because the wife and kids use it as a waste disposal system !!!!!!!
On 7 Oct 2014 at 11:56am Depressed Gardener wrote:
get some drain rods...cheap and effective

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

The Jobcentres should go back to the old system they had in the seventies.
Fit young claimants were offered unskilled work in... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams