Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bird man of Cliffe bridge

On 20 Dec 2015 at 12:23pm Townie wrote:
I know this town is full of characters and that's one of the things that makes it so good, but who in hell is that bell-end who sands on Cliffe bridge holding a pigeon up in the air whilst grinning like some retarded ape.
Good grief, can't he just get a job like the rest of us have to.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 12:25pm Belladonna wrote:
That's pigeon man. Like IDM and bag lady, one of the town's 'characters'.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 12:49pm Intheknow wrote:
The man received a serious head injury a few years back I'm led to believe in an assault. Tread carefully before you insult.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 1:12pm Andy wrote:
This thread is a prime example of the kind of sociopathy that people seem to feel free to indulge in in this forum. Disgusting.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 1:28pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Townie When you have a serious mental illness, getting "a job like the rest of us" isn't really an option, is it? I've known people who have tried to find work - one poor woman was even sacked from an unpaid voluntary job - but the prejudices of others in our supposedly more tolerant, inclusive society make it very hard.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 2:06pm There's plenty of wrote:
Bellenders on this forum - Townie is the biggest- check out his many posts. Likes the name bellend too. It's just Care in the Community, brought to you by the Tories.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 3:17pm Townie wrote:
"His" many posts ??????????????????
On 20 Dec 2015 at 3:38pm Grunge wrote:
Ian wasn't to know that about the man. To anyone not aware of the facts, it is very offputting to see that man proudly holding up what I personally regard as disease carrying vermin. Rats with feathers. Sorry, can't help it.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 3:59pm Ian freeston wrote:
Once you can clearly describe what you are reacting to, free of your interpretation or evaluation of it, other people are less likely to be defensive when they hear it.
Currently I've a chip on each shoulder so feel relatively balanced in my insults and anger with everyone rich poor and the middle classes..
Yet, characteristics and what make people tick, myself included, is rather important to me right here right now..
The violence in the communication on this site, which I've been getting into as a bit of a laugh at other peoples expense and make me sound like I getting me groove on rather than sounding like a victim that needs therapy
getting tough ha ha
given it's 800 years since the first signing of the magna carta
king john was a character, and the pope he went bleating to,
to get the magna carta over turned because of his divine rights over everyone else, which the pope signed.. Characters a like.. blah blah
pigeon man
he's not so bad is he, really??
there for the grace of DOG go I and I
On 20 Dec 2015 at 4:42pm olly wrote:
Magna Carta not The Magna Carta
On 20 Dec 2015 at 6:16pm ian freeston wrote:
darn you spell check, let me down again
Ha ha
thank you Olly
On 20 Dec 2015 at 6:19pm ian freeston wrote:
Can I have a grammar checker for christmas please..
On 20 Dec 2015 at 9:53pm Tipex wrote:
We've had this discussion here before. Those of a Cameron / Republican disposition believe that, because he's different and maybe his mental health isn't 100% he should be incarcerated somewhere out of sight and erased from Lewes's memory. The balanced remainder believe that he's doing fine. Maybe he's not sufficiently "average" for some but his greatest crime appears to be appreciating pigeons and, God forbid, smiling.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 10:00pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
In a community, there should be room for everyone. Life isn't a level playing field and those of us who are okay should have the humility and compassion to accept those who struggle. A man who likes pigeons, freaky dancing and smiling is hardly the biggest threat to our existence.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 10:20pm Astrid wrote:
I agree Earl but people like Townie are genuinely I massive threat to society. People who are so narrow minded that they have no capacity / guts to acknowledge mental illness exists in every family in the county. This macho finger wagging leads to miserable families and a hugely compromised society.
On 20 Dec 2015 at 11:36pm ian freeston wrote:
Funnily, had a chat over Sunday roast in the swan about a character from my home town..
A very very hard man, whom had worked his way in life like a force of nature, up from humble back grounds etc..
what drove this oldest of sons to succeed at quite a price to those around him.
it said of the bird man, his character got transformed by an accident, a blow to the head possibility.
If one is born to be a king or the son, daughter of a junkie on a council estate (when they use to exist), or born to rich folks people with power and influence, or to moaning angry resentful poor folks..
one might get an education, or grow up thinking that one is thick stupid and that there's definitely something very wrong with oneself, this plays a major part of whom we get to be on life's playing field..
I've heard a lot, no really, a lot of stories, and get what happened to these folks, and the meaning that was attached to what happened, and how this has informed their lives..
I've struggled with breaking free of my own story, the one that allows people to spit in my face, tell lies or threaten me
I set myself up again, to fail, or have what I've done twisted or thrown back in my face, I feel its time for a character change..
My character has done a lot of foolish stuff, because thats me character does.. set up in a revolving door

The horse has bolted on the phoenix, yet shall tell the story to move on...as its important not doing the same thing over somewhere else expecting a different outcome.. also could serve as a warning or lesson to other folks.. out of PHOENIX PLACE definitely feels like its time to write a new script, with help from the people around me..
Yet? Can one transform ones character!!
Is it possible or are we doomed to a play the role seemly allotted by nature?
Will the bird man always be the bird man
the people you love or hate, will their mental or physical health change so much so that their character is unrecognisable?
could you end up being a bag lady or a Former captain of industry not knowing what time of day it is??

Its one big soap opera and whom would you say
your character is being right here right NOW

On 21 Dec 2015 at 8:32am Reality wrote:
So a post about a pigeon loving man somehow gets an anti Conservative slant, nice one Tipex! Only on the Lewes Forum would you read such Tripe, seems the pigeon man isn't the only one that needs our sympathy
On 21 Dec 2015 at 2:09pm I give up! wrote:
Some absolutely disgusting comments posted here which make me ashamed to breath the same air as the people who post them. Your vile, absurd and immature 'chat' make me really curious about the people who sit behind their little computers spouting such utter nonsense.
On 21 Dec 2015 at 2:26pm don't give up wrote:
I'm miles from Lewes and it's bellenders. Lewes is just part of my past.
On 21 Dec 2015 at 7:20pm fifi wrote:
This man is always happy and always smiling , he gets pleasure from simple things and is not harming anyone - why does it matter ?
On 22 Dec 2015 at 12:00am Bongo wrote:
Who is the 'bag lady'?

On 4 Jan 2016 at 12:54am IMEYOU wrote:
He is a nice guy and fully aware of his condition and what happened to him so let him be, He is happy!

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Beer garden 9:132
Beer garden

And there was me, thinking it was some new low-impact exercise regime. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell