Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bin Men Xmas Tips

On 22 Dec 2014 at 5:32pm Geoff Paddle wrote:
do people still tip the Bin Men at Xmas and if so how much?
On 22 Dec 2014 at 6:43pm Christmas Spirit wrote:
I usually give them a fiver.
On 22 Dec 2014 at 6:46pm Geoff Paddle wrote:
that sounds about right as they always take everything away. What about the recycling guys?
On 22 Dec 2014 at 6:50pm Belladonna wrote:
And what about the postman ? We are receiving so many parcels for our neighbours at the moment we seem to be an unofficial parcel office ! Do I get a tip from the RM ????

On 22 Dec 2014 at 7:10pm dick wrote:
tip the bin mam / milk man / gas man (reading meter ) window cleaner / parcel man / recycling men / road cleaning team/

On 22 Dec 2014 at 8:29pm Chav wrote:
Here's a tip for them all. Look both ways before crossing the road. Anyhow. It's Crimbo, my benefits should be double bubble, eh Phil
On 23 Dec 2014 at 7:37am Bored wrote:
Would happily tip bin men if the did a great job the other 11 months of the year, it's funny how all the little bits are picked up and the bins are put back in the right place in December!
On 23 Dec 2014 at 7:52am townie wrote:
Personally, i have nothing but praise for our bin-men...12 months of the year.
I find them helpful, polite and hard working. Try going to live in Brighton if you want to whine about something. I could tell you stories about that lot which would make you cry.
On 23 Dec 2014 at 9:43am trooper wrote:
"Townie" Total agreement with you.
On 23 Dec 2014 at 12:45pm lewes resident wrote:
i think my council tax is so high I refuse to give any more money . I don't get a tip in my job why should they?
On 23 Dec 2014 at 2:29pm Mark wrote:
Oh dear... The charges for Council Tax are pretty steep but I don't think that that fact suggests that bin men are necessarily living the life of Riley.
On 23 Dec 2014 at 3:15pm lewes resident wrote:
who says they are living the life of Riley? but they get well paid I believe , in fact they are probably better off than me so no, no tip.
On 23 Dec 2014 at 4:25pm 8 miles from home wrote:
Will not be seeing my bin man for 3 weeks. So having to fly tip my waste.

On 24 Dec 2014 at 4:52pm Clifford wrote:
My Dad worked as a council gardener in a park. When the binmen knocked for their tip at Christmas (holding their little notebook) she used to ask if they or their kids enjoyed going to the park and would they be tipping her husband. Where does this absurd custom come from?

On 24 Dec 2014 at 7:07pm son of scrooge wrote:
**** 'em all. Merry Christmas.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Love 70:132
Lewes Love

The government acts for private ne'er-do-goods who do very well financially, by endorsing their massive scams for a cut in the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina