Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bills

On 21 May 2008 at 1:34pm Capt Cook wrote:
Is it true that Bills has been sold to Strada?

On 21 May 2008 at 3:10pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Great news, the town really needs another chain italian restaurant as the others are so similar this one might be a breath of fresh air, oh hang on I've just seen their menu, it's like a all 3 that we currently have.
Why doesn't someone open a steak house, Tex-Mex or a good English restaurant in Lewes, it would have the catchment area and the clientele to potentially do exceptionally well.

On 21 May 2008 at 3:16pm Fat as a pig wrote:
English restaurant ????....we already have 5 curry houses in Lewes !!!
We need another decent greasy spoon....or is that what you meant by "English" ?

On 21 May 2008 at 3:27pm Elvis the Gunslinger wrote:
Ah the noble art of sarcasm, where do I start, there are no decent greasy spoons in Lewes (I'm using the Market Diner as a benchmark before you all go crazy apebonkers and call for my head on a spike). The Curry house may be 2nd generation english but i was talking about traditional English cuisine along the lines of whta they seel at Silletts Cottage in Selmeston and the Coach house in Brighton. If you haven't been I'm sure you would like it.

On 21 May 2008 at 5:57pm Dunk wrote:
Yeah i'd love to see a Steak house open up. If it happened, I,d be in there every week! But i wouldnt want little piddly steaks with a bit of garnish put on the plate for an extortionate price, I would like to see half a cow on my plate like in the US! YEAH! Bring it on!

On 21 May 2008 at 10:03pm Big Boy wrote:
Yehah.. half a cow and the steroids... gimme tits!

On 21 May 2008 at 10:14pm Dunk wrote:
Personaly i'd cut them bits off my steak and throw them under the table for the rats!

On 21 May 2008 at 10:14pm Nevill Newby wrote:
MMMMMMMM now your talking dunk 16-20 oz steaks as standard with chips and a mug of Bud about 2 pints with ice on the outside of the glass its so cold
went to TGI FRidays the other day ordered our starters then when we ordered our mains told us they had no steaks and it had been like this all day how can you run a steak house without steak

On 21 May 2008 at 10:19pm Dunk wrote:
16- 20 oz steaks sounds spot on to me N.Newby!
Thats typical. What was their alternative...a lousy pork chop?

On 22 May 2008 at 8:08pm Local wrote:
Yes, but has Bill's been sold to Strada - which is where this all began.

On 22 May 2008 at 8:26pm Tory Toff wrote:
Sorry I cannot answer your question as I do not know the answer. I can only speculate that it would be a bizarre decision on Bill's part if that is what he is doing. The place is packed to the gunnels most of the time. Surely those premises are worth more as "Bill's" than they are as a chain restaurant? If he wants out, he would be better off selling it as a going concern, rather than selling it to someone who would convert it to a pizza restaurant.

On 22 May 2008 at 9:25pm Local wrote:
Tory Toff. My thoughts exactly. But as the rumour had started here I wondered if we'd come to any conclusion.

On 23 May 2008 at 10:07am agreed wrote:
Has no-one been to the Tex-Mex that is on the bottle neck?? Cant remember what its called but it also sells steak there!!! Never been myself. You can get good old english food in most pubs now.

On 23 May 2008 at 2:29pm Smiler wrote:
I have it on extremely good authority that Bills has not been sold to Strada. nuff said!

On 28 May 2008 at 10:32pm The Super K wrote:
So thats another subject well cleared up...... NOT
Well done forum.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa