Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Best vets?

On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:24am Dog Doo wrote:
Doggy needs his annual booster. Normally go to cliffe vets. was pondering on coastway vets on malling street?any advice?
On 19 Mar 2018 at 9:33am Country Life wrote:
I use Pet Doctors at Cliffe Industrial Estate, always friendly, professional and reasonably priced.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 1:43pm Wendy wrote:
We take our rabbit to pet doctors too. They’ve been great.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 1:44pm Dexter wrote:
The staff are indeed very nice at Pet Doctors but I found them expensive and we eventualy left their service when they inexplicably quadrupled the price of our dog's onging drugs. Annoyingly, it wasn't a forced price increase from the drug manufacturer either and when quizzed about it, we were told that it was a head office instruction.
We took our dog to Coastway who have equally nice staff, cheaper drugs & service charges and have been very happy since.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm Why every year wrote:
Have you considered titer testing instead? Your dog does not necessarily need an annual vaccination. The vets at Forest Row can do this.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 3:42pm Cat lover wrote:
I think Cliffe Vets is excellent. Been going there for many years with both cats and dogs. Why do you need to change?
On 19 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm James Herriot wrote:
Avoid Cliffe vets. 2 of our pets went in for routine speying and never came out. Kids were distraught.
On 19 Mar 2018 at 6:51pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I go to Gatward and Blowey at Uckfield. It may seem like a long way, but I can often get there in the time it takes to find a parking space in Lewes.
The care is fantastic, and charges a lot less than at Cliffe vets.
On 20 Mar 2018 at 11:24am AKane wrote:
Love Coastways - very gentle and kind to my dogs and compassionate when I lost my old cats. My experience of Cliffe - too big, not personal service, caused issues with one of my dog that Coastway fixed
On 20 Mar 2018 at 11:43am Country Life wrote:
@Akane, I have heard people have negative experiences at Cliffe Vets but having not had personally I decided not to comment.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane