Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Best pub for the Six nations

On 2 Feb 2015 at 7:38pm Mike Best wrote:
Hi,
Fairly new to Lewes, been to a few pubs but not many with TVs that I can think of. Is there anyone going to a pub to watch the six nations on Friday night? If not, any sports-orientated pubs anyone can recommend?

Cheers
Mike
On 2 Feb 2015 at 7:51pm Horseman7 wrote:
Elephant and Castle / Elly. Run by Huw, a regular poster here.
On 3 Feb 2015 at 5:59am the kronic wrote:
There's only one pub worth considdering....the Elly mentioned above. Get there early if you want to sit down, it'll be rammed.
On 3 Feb 2015 at 6:43am Sword of Truth wrote:
Yup the Elly is excellent for your sport viewing needs, great atmosphere . A proper boozer
On 3 Feb 2015 at 7:33am Lewes wrote:
On 3 Feb 2015 at 7:52am LWMC wrote:
Friday's match between Wales and England will be first time that Lewes Working Men's Club has shown the Six Nations. On Saturday we will be showing the Tottenham v Arsenal premiership match, then the Six Nations match Ireland V Italy, followed by France v Scotland. I will have the big screen on and we have plenty of seats, Families are welcome to watch all the games
The other places to watch the six nations are the Brewers, and the Elephant and Castle.
On 3 Feb 2015 at 9:49am huw wrote:
I guess I'm a little biased, but I'd say the Elly. We have a new, wide screen HD projector downstairs along with 4 other TVs. We'll also be opening upstairs (which has an even bigger, HD projector and will have a bar) for all England games except next week's Italy match.
Other pubs that I know will be showing the matches are the Brewers Arms, Gardeners, Black Horse, Royal Oak, Volunteer and Tally Ho. Apart from the Working Men's (as mentioned above) I'm not sure if any others have TVs
On 3 Feb 2015 at 9:55am Mike Best wrote:
Thanks all, appreciate your advice
On 3 Feb 2015 at 3:43pm LWMC wrote:
I am glad we can all help, thank you asking Mike. Where ever you watch the match, hopefully some great Rugby is played. I do not know who is going to win the Six Nations, bit I think it is going to be the most interesting in years.

On 3 Feb 2015 at 4:14pm Cowardy custard wrote:
Thanks to the England injury toll, I'll be watching the England - Wales match from behind the sofa and with fingers over my eyes! I remember only too well the match two years ago and back to the 70's with Welsh dominance.....
However, allez les blancs !
On 4 Feb 2015 at 1:21pm Taff wrote:
It is a pity for England. Wales needed a stern test to up the ante for Australia in September.
Fingers crossed the referee controls the game as he should. Minimal TMO etc.

On 6 Feb 2015 at 11:57pm Taff wrote:
Well done England
On 7 Feb 2015 at 12:17am LWMC wrote:
Wales won the first half, and England managed to win the second half and the match. It will be interesting to see how Ireland play tomorrow, and I dare not try to predict the France Scotland match. Never underestimate the French. What ever the result I am hoping to see some great Rugby being played.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Potting Shed Lewes 132:143
The Potting Shed Lewes

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare