Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Best Display

On 7 Nov 2013 at 2:36pm Woody wrote:
Who put on the best display on the 5th?
On 7 Nov 2013 at 2:49pm Gerty wrote:
Hard to say as it wasn't possible to be at all of them but a straw poll amongst friends has Southover getting the most effusive reviews for the second year running.
On 7 Nov 2013 at 3:16pm belladonna wrote:
Hard to say as it wasn't possible to be at all of them but a straw poll amongst friends has Commercial getting the most effusive reviews for the n'th year running.

Stupid question - no one can get to all the displays so no one can judge

On 7 Nov 2013 at 3:46pm landporter wrote:
I can see most of the displays from my garden. Im not a member of or affiliated with any society.
i thought Commercial's were nowhere near as good as previous years, usually they know everyone's into a tin hat but not this year. Waterloo was below average as usual but the one up on the hill (think it's Borough) looked absolutely fab.
The rest were average.

On 7 Nov 2013 at 4:36pm PD wrote:
Value for money has to go to South Street! Their display just kept on going and going and going. Really very spectacular!
On 7 Nov 2013 at 5:00pm Bob & Jean wrote:
If your looking for "Value for money", CSBS is free - can't get much better! In every sense I might add.

On 7 Nov 2013 at 5:11pm cat in the hat wrote:
how can anyone say the rest were average! what are you comparing them to, as i've never seen anything come close to any of the firesites in lewes elsewhere

On 7 Nov 2013 at 5:15pm Market Street Resident wrote:
I went to Waterloo this year. It was pretty good, although pretty brief IMO. Wasn't a patch on Cliffe last year.

On 7 Nov 2013 at 6:53pm landporter wrote:
I was comparing them to the previous 40 years of watching Lewes bonfires and fireworks.

On 7 Nov 2013 at 7:35pm one eyed willy wrote:
Everything depends on how you look at it . Its not about length its about substance . commercials looked pretty good from where i was standing !

On 8 Nov 2013 at 10:21am John wrote:
Although not on the fifth, I would say Nevillís display a couple of weeks ago must be up there.

On 8 Nov 2013 at 2:21pm Penguin wrote:
If you watch a display from outside the firesite you only see the aerial stuff, and miss most of the low level stuff, e,g. effigies, tableaux etc. Furthermore you will be much closer to whatever display you are attending so the bangs will get to you at the same time as the flash, and will be much louder. It is easy therefore to see why the display you are actually at always seems bigger and better than the ones you see from a distance.

On 8 Nov 2013 at 2:32pm Mart wrote:
I thought the best display was down my garden , homebase specials
On 8 Nov 2013 at 2:54pm Bonfire boy wrote:
Cliffes display was amazing this year, including effigies, tabs and arial, also Nevill's was really good to

On 10 Nov 2013 at 5:19pm Crushed wrote:
Haha. I completely misread that last post in the bad light. I got very excited that Cliffe had effigies, tabs and anal.
Maybe the committee might like to consider this change of direction.
Lol x

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Homeward bound 44:132
Homeward bound

Invading armies are famous for "interbreeding" as you so delicately put it. I'm sure there's plenty of Norman dna as well. Please... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare