Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Benefits

 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:14pm Please tell me!!!!!!!!!! wrote:
Can someone explain to me how people on benefits can afford cars?
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:18pm mr happy wrote:
Most of the people on benefits that I know are mhch better off than me. My husband and myself both work and we struggle sometimes and hardly ever go out or buy things for ourselves compared to people we know on benefits who are always out and have really nice clothes and shoes. Its annoying but sadly a fact of life now.
2
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:37pm Let me stop you there... wrote:
I also get annoyed about this subject, my Husband and I have worked all of our lives, never been on benefits, live in a flat, do have our own car but we've paid for everything ourselves!
I know people that have two children, get a three bedroom house and manage to afford a car, never had a proper job... what is going on!!
At least we don't have anyone else to thank for what we have in life but it does sometimes make you wonder who are the stupid ones!!
 
2
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:41pm Dog With A Bone wrote:
People on benefits can afford cars by using the wads of cash that they get each week.
If I had my way they should would get loads more just to irritate ignorant people that post stupid ill thought questions on here.
 
1
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:52pm Let me stop you there... wrote:
I take it 'DWAB' is a benefit scrounger then, can't think of any other reason he/she'd think people were ignorant for having an opinion! Get a job!!!!
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 3:59pm Dog With A Bone wrote:
Because your opinions show you as being ignorant!
 
1
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:13pm Let me stop you there... wrote:
I don't see how... enlighten me please then Mr benefit scrounger!
1
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:16pm Please tell me !!!!!!!!! wrote:
'DWAB' what is ignorant about these posts?
1
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:22pm Onlooker wrote:
OOhhhh....A fight !! Bring it on !!
1
1
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:28pm Proud Benefit Scrounger wrote:
Yes I'm proud to be a benefit scrounger, I'm on £216 pw that's without rent, council tax etc.. What to spend the pennies on this week.
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:30pm Proud Benefit Scrounger wrote:
Beer, tobacco....umm...Beer and tobacco...
 
2
On 13 Sep 2009 at 4:38pm Full Time Working Mug wrote:
For a NEW car every three years (including insurance, servicing, maintenance, MOT and breakdown cover etc), check out the "motability" scheme.
Website is found at
motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?type=CHSW
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 6:28pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
If you work out how much you'd spend on fares and taxis if you didn't have a car, it may well be the case that an old banger is an economical alternative. It's over £1 now into town from the Nevill, I dread to think how much the fare into Brighton is.
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 7:44pm Rozzer wrote:
It's interesting how when unemployment begins to go up because of failings in the economic system the stories about how generous benefits are and how everyone on benefits is rolling in money begin to come out. I suppose it starts in the Sun and the Daily Mail and then gets repeated on places like this. It's a way of shifting the blame from the system itself - a bit like saying it rains because people open their umbrellas. Perhaps the best thing to do will be for people who think life on benefits is wonderful is to take voluntary redundancy if they are offered it and then claim benefits. Come back after a year and tell us how it is.
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 8:02pm Let me stop you there... wrote:
Think you missed the point Rozzer, I was talking about someone that has always been on benefits (and I know many more like it) not something I read about in the newspaper. I know it isn't the same for all, for some reason it seems that the people who really want to work never get the same support that the ones who know how to work the system get.
Next you'll be telling us there is no such thing as benefit fraud.
1
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 8:07pm Rozzer wrote:
Of course there's benefit fraud. But you can see how genuine claimants get tarred with the same brush and how these stories always take off when unemployment is going up - I remember the same in the 1980s. If you think someone is committing benefit fraud then shop them as you'll be doing us all a favour.
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 8:57pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I do not think these stories have just taken off - I've been acutely aware of these issues for a couple of decades now. Even television has been aware of the issues (remember the 1st Wife Swap series - that must be 4 or 5 years ago now).
The problem may be heightened sensitivity?
 
 
On 13 Sep 2009 at 10:06pm kh wrote:
bm jj fgv nknm''' njjn
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 12:26am a head of reason wrote:
let me stop you there you seem like a very morbid and sour person about your own situation, society shouldnt consist of bitter thought towards those in different situations to yourself, know one has forced you to work and if you one day get placed in a situation for whatever reason were you need support and 'benefits' im pretty sure your opinion would change. If you are so concerned about the gross inequality the exists in the system why dont you take an activist approach and actually do something like protest instead of trying to potray yourself as the modern day working class citizen that follows the rule book and is too proud to take benefits. The people that make the benefit laws are people that are cut from a very different cloth to you, they are people that stand for things such as unity, moral intregity and pride in helping others, you however have taken a road of greed and bitterness and as for 'having a friend on benefits who scrounges' i suggest you use the term friend very losely because if i was on benefits and i knew someone who showed hostility toward me like you have towards yyour friends i think id take you off my christmas card list!
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 8:08am Brotherhood of Man wrote:
The above post be placed under the Friday joke thread.
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 8:21am Sherlock wrote:
The above poster should explain why.
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 10:40am the don wrote:
i have to agree with 'dog with a bone' You people are very stupid and ignorant. Benefits are thought up by the people who are educated and run this country for the greater good of society.Its a known fact if every single person in the economy worked inflation and prices would be through the roof. And in answer to your retorical question.....they get money from the government and pay for it,or on the other hand have rich parents u peasent. Finally to finish stop bitching on an irrelevant forum to try and change the world and get a proper job! x
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 11:42am Stupid wrote:
You, 'The Don', do a vey good impression of a pompous tw@t !
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 12:11pm DSS wrote:
What I find sad, is that one of my friends would love another child, but cannot afford to as she has a mortgage to pay. However, we know of a girl who has just had her second baby, lives in a Council flat on benefits and her boyfriend lives in a seperate Council flat as they get more money that way. They can squeeze as many kids out as they want cos they know they will be looked after, get a bigger house etc. This system is SO wrong. I work, have a child, but end up with £200 per month after outgoings (food has to come out of this). I would be better off giving up my job and home and living off benefits.
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 12:20pm Gordon Brown wrote:
....all benefit claimants are scum who think the world owes them a living.
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 2:06pm I dont live in lewes... wrote:
Agree with you DSS, the system is very wrong and I don't think you are alone in your situation.
Seems v odd that we pay for people who don't want to work not to work and by so doing encourage that lifestyle, all at the expense of honest brokers who have a good work ethic.
I can't think of a good reason why it should be that way.
Maybe the government has an agenda that zero IQ 's are easier to control & dispense ballshyte to?
PhilX
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 4:15pm Rozzer wrote:
It does start at the top though: if you have a dysfunctional family living on state handouts at the apex of society how can you expect the people at the bottom to know any better?
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 4:56pm head of reason wrote:
haha its quite funny you say that rozzer because im from a 'dysfunctional family' who has claimed benefits all their lives, and im in my second year of study at one of the top universitys in the country that had an ex priminister study there and the head of the bank of england study their, i achieved highly in my gcse's and a levels and so did my brother and my older sister! and i have a younger sister that i think will achieve even greater!, so i think your theory has been completely proven wrong because if it was true then we wouldnt have got to were we are today. Its not money that determines whether your a dysfunctional family or not its morals my dimwitted friends, my mum and dad even though they dont work have taught me great values which have made me in to the person i am today. Im going to leave on this note for the ones who are complaining...... ask yourself this question: do you think a rich person or a successful person complain about benefits? the answer is no the only reason you are is because youve tried in life and mounted to nothing and you cant accept your position so you blame it on other people and not yourself because your dimwitted ignorant idiots and te irrelevant brat who said my first not should be put on a the joke forum why dont you suck an egg and actually formulate an arguement because all youve done is accpeted what ive said and tried to hide your embarrisment by not justifying why my statement is false you melon!, and if you dont want to talk intellectually brotherhood of man then im sure we can arrange some kind of boxing match or something because i would take no better plessure then beating some sense into you!
2
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 5:15pm Stupid wrote:
If that illiterate garbage is from someone who claims to be an achiever studying at one of the top universities, then you have to worry really don't you ?
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 5:36pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Well said Rozzer. Didn't you have to swear an oath of allegiance or summat to the head of that family when you got your job though?
The only difference between benefit bludgers and fat cat directors is that fat cats can afford to pay top tax lawyers to find legal loopholes imo. I bet the total lost in fraudulently claimed benefits is far less than the amount of tax revenue lost by foreigners claiming non-dom status.
1
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 5:42pm Smurfette wrote:
it makes me so angry that i get up at 02.30am to go to work and do a 11hr shift to pay for people to smoke,drink and do naff all all day but watch their relatives on the jeremy kyle show...wen i found out wat these lazy b***tards r raking in a month i think about the poorly paid nurses that r struggling to pay their own rent but go into work to treat the single mums who hav gone out on the lash and broken their anklles on their cheap new look heels!!!! i am obviously doing something very wrong in life..or maybe i hav standards... benefit scroungers breed the same in their children,,,let the working people in the uk pay for your lazy lifestyle..it makes me sick....u scumbags,,someone has just worked an hour of their day to pay for that packet of fags you have just smoked...
1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 5:43pm Smurfette wrote:
it makes me so angry that i get up at 02.30am to go to work and do a 11hr shift to pay for people to smoke,drink and do naff all all day but watch their relatives on the jeremy kyle show...wen i found out wat these lazy b***tards r raking in a month i think about the poorly paid nurses that r struggling to pay their own rent but go into work to treat the single mums who hav gone out on the lash and broken their anklles on their cheap new look heels!!!! i am obviously doing something very wrong in life..or maybe i hav standards... benefit scroungers breed the same in their children,,,let the working people in the uk pay for your lazy lifestyle..it makes me sick....u scumbags,,someone has just worked an hour of their day to pay for that packet of fags you have just smoked...
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 5:54pm head of reason wrote:
stupid your name really does some you up! im sorry i cba to proof read my work for you! however once again youve replied with an insult and have once again failed to construct any kind of arguement prooving me wrong! your not worth debating with because your clearly a factory low wage earning idiot that doesnt know how to express your ideology properly and just resorts into mindless insults!
1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 6:01pm Keeley wrote:
Totally agree smurfette, its disgraceful and what is worse is that any children they have grow up thinking its "normal" to choose not to work and instead lay about for years claiming off taxpayers. A colleague of mine was telling me about her neighbour who is apparently a total useless waste of space, hasn't worked in years and claims income support, but still has the cash to go out every other night and get wasted, keeps getting pregnant even though she already has 4 kids.My friend at work asked her once what her son wants to do when he leaves school (her son's 14); her reply was "Well dunno he's not really good at anything, he doesn't want to work and wasn't actually planning to get a job until he's about 20 or so anyway, he can get money off the government til then innit??!!" I mean WTF??!!
1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 6:35pm smurfette wrote:
hear hear keeley,,i have nothing against people living in council houses as my friend does with her two childen (through no fault of her own) but she goes to work five days a week and is always there to pick up her children from school..her lazy neighbour opposite has just got herself a people carrier,new electrcal items,had three holidays this year and can't even be bothered to get out of bed most mornings to do the school run..she even boasts of the nights out that she has and that its all paid for by us!! and as for the comment written by 'head of reason'..regarding 'replied with an insult'.. havn't you just slagged off people that work in a factory!!! get a grip,at least they are working for a living and are putting food in their childrens mouths,,instead of the scroungers who get all their childrens school dinners paid for by 'mugs' like us,aswell as sky t.v,fags.booze,clothing cataloges,microwave dinners and meat filled crispy pancakes !! yeah,i had better not get too carried away because i have got to get up for work early...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 6:45pm Mr bling wrote:
Smurfette, we have the very same kind of family living next door to us. Both on the long term sick (she's genuine, he's not), 2 cars, one of them top of the range, completely furnished their house from top to bottom including the garden, smoke, drink, loads of pets, 2 foreign holidays a year.
AND I'M GETTING F*****G SICK OF IT
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 6:50pm head of reason wrote:
hahahaha.
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 6:54pm Mr Bling wrote:
And that laughter is coming from someone who alleges to have gone to Uni, got shed loads of GCSE's and A levels yet his post is littered with spelling and punctuation errors.
What a pleb hahaha
1
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 7:10pm mr happy wrote:
If your parents are both out of work head of reason then I presume that you have been given grants to go to uni? We have to pay to put our daughter through uni with a very small grant because we work. You are privileged to be there on the state!! You also would have been given a place at uni because the 2 generations above you did not go themselves which means they gave you get priority. At least you wont end up in the debt that the working children at uni will be in after 3 years!!
 
2
On 14 Sep 2009 at 7:47pm head of reason wrote:
hahaha wtf i got an ABC for my alevels so eat that! priority my backside! and mr bling like i stated before im not trying to write an oscar wilde book here, ive got better things to do then take time with my spelling! however the factsstand ive achieved in the education system so if you dont like it thats your problem!, i love it how losers wine all the time its sums up the reason their suffering, hahahaha and this is my last post because none of you are formulating an arguement your just wineing and this 'debate' is at a stand still becuase im trying to reason with idiots! (dont bother writing back because i wont be back on this forum)!
 
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 7:56pm smurfette wrote:
thankf**k for that,,jog on 'head of reason' !!!!
1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 8:03pm I dont live in lewes... wrote:

I sponsored both son and daughter at Uni... Which was very nice of me, they now both work and pay taxes.
As HOR likes a logical argument he(?) must be aware that going to Uni is no guarantee of either a job or secure future.
It very much depends on what subjects you study; most Uni's do some real dumb-ass courses.
He(?) should also be aware that the chances of going to "Top Uni's" are loaded in his favour since the government pressurised them to increase their uptake from the lower social strata, presumably in an attempt to dispense edukayshun to the dysfunctionals.
Bloody dim idea.
Getting into Uni' has never been so easy (seems you no longer need the three R's), it keeps the unemployment figures low and gives dimshytes the idea that they are bright and important, making them easier to control.
Next year I will likely get Tiddles into Oxford reading English + the advanced rodent catching course.
PhilX

1
 
On 14 Sep 2009 at 9:20pm Dahlia Rich wrote:
I am presuming head of reason is about to go to bed as it is a school night. What a loser. He seems proud that his family have been in receipt of benefits all of their lives-HAVE THEY NO PRIDE?????? I really don't think they have taught him the great morals, that he seems to think they have, maybe he just doesn't want to be a loser like them, and it has made him and his siblings pull themselves out of the gutter. Actually, I don't think he is that far out of the gutter.
By the way, I write this as a child from a one parent family (at a time when it was not as normal as today). I grew up in a council house, and my mother worked as hard as she could to provide for us, whilst instilling morals into myself and my siblings. She has never claimed benefits, and would be mortally ashamed to have done so. All we had were free school dinners, which I was so ashamed to receive.
 
1
On 14 Sep 2009 at 9:34pm A question of Pride wrote:
At the end of the day, when the kids have all grown up, they can either be proud and appreciative of those hard working parents, or they can be ashamed of the way in which those lazy sponging parents sat on their arses all day. (Talking about the real fiddlers who know how to work the system).
I know a single mum who dunt work nz on benefits, 'as just 'ad 'er sevenf kid. 4 diffrent dads. The kids are immaculately dressed n their latest Disney film lunch boxes r stuffed wiv bran name junk food. She lives in a cansill haas wiv 'er bloke oo dunt work eeva. Na't mean? N gesss wot? She's up the duff again!!
It separates into two categories.
1) Human beings 2) Parasites.
Despite having money thrown at them from the government, surely they can't have a sense of pride and must feel rather worthless inside but if their concsiences aren't pricked, then they truly belong at the bottom of the social ladder. In fact, they probably are not even on the bottom rung....just festering in the scum filled puddles on the ground.


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Kingston Windmill 52:143
Kingston Windmill

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine