Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Battle of the cliffe

On 23 Feb 2017 at 2:27pm Unhappy viking wrote:
Can anyone confirm for me what is happening in cbs ?? Lots of rumours about new directors?? Also lots of rumours of a massive break up in the society. Tried contacting some other members only to be told they don't no either. ?????
On 23 Feb 2017 at 3:25pm Unhappy sailor wrote:
I've heard about a rum do going on off the coast of Spain, something about a massive scrap with the French and Spanish ?? Lord Nelson getting shot, ships getting sunk all over the place. Tried contacting the Admiralty but they're keeping tight lipped ??????
On 23 Feb 2017 at 4:18pm Cbs wrote:
If you are a member, you would have been informed of all changes happening within the society either by post or electronically. Yes, there has been changes and yes, directors have stood down. Things change for a reason and can only be good for the survival of the society in future. We all need to stick together through difficult times in Lewes Bonfire to keep this long standing tradition alive.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 4:40pm Member wrote:
@Cbs ... Yes, but ... nobody has explained to members why directors have stood down. What's going on?
On 23 Feb 2017 at 7:09pm re member wrote:
the 12th of Octember
On 23 Feb 2017 at 7:55pm In the know wrote:
Proposed merger with South Street. Apparently some members aren't happy
On 23 Feb 2017 at 8:24pm dj wrote:
In the know, you aren't.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 8:50pm Loving it wrote:
They should just be done with it rename themselves Brighton Bonfire. Most of them live there
On 23 Feb 2017 at 9:16pm Meic wrote:
Nobody's business outside the Society
On 23 Feb 2017 at 9:40pm pj wrote:
Apparently the decision to move bonfire night to October hasn't gone down well.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 10:21pm cbs member wrote:
Just a faction who couldn't accept they didn't get their way at the end of last year and have now decided a coup by other means is the way to go.
A very shabby affair that has not been fully explained to the membership, no matter what some might insist and at the end of the day is putting the Society in a far more perilous position than those same people seem to realise. Being told you have to agree to the changes (move company) so that you can attend the meetings to discuss the changes is both bizarre and immoral.
One does wonder at times if a it is a function of people not having anything else in their life outside of Bonfire so they have no parallels or balance and b just what celebrating the Fifth means to them and what they feel they have to do on the Fifth to achieve that aim.
A deeply sad time.
On 23 Feb 2017 at 11:10pm Donald J Trump wrote:
Nobody does fireworks like me, believe me. I do tremendous fireworks. Cliffe are producing fake fireworks. SAD!
On 24 Feb 2017 at 7:29am John F Kennerdy wrote:
They need a few magic bullets sprayed around @ a meeting
On 24 Feb 2017 at 8:17am Robert wrote:
I'm disgusted to see Bonfire business discussed in a public forum. It is established that members must discuss their concerns with people on Committee and not outside. It is not your business unless you are a Committee member. You risk your own membership and the Society's reputation by making Bonfire business public. This is a warning.
On 24 Feb 2017 at 8:32am Sid wrote:
Sh#t gone lets move on
On 24 Feb 2017 at 10:18am cbs member wrote:
grow up cc you are wrong an very sad...........
On 24 Feb 2017 at 10:55am Member wrote:
Thank you, Robert, for your comment. But if the Committee fail to tell the membership what is going on and why, it is inevitable that matters will be raised elsewhere.
On 24 Feb 2017 at 12:12pm bobobob wrote:
@Robert
What a load of rubbish. For one it is the business of every dues paying member, not just the committee.
If people want to talk about something they can. It's not been the best communication during the changes and lots of people are very confused.
Guessing you're not actually CBS and stick your "warning"
On 24 Feb 2017 at 2:21pm Ermm,... wrote:
So, you want to find out what is going on with the Cliffe, and instead of asking someone on the committee, or on the societies own forum, you ask on a forum populated by children who think that slagging off the society and its members is clever! Do you really expect a serious, grown up reply?
On 24 Feb 2017 at 5:49pm I no wrote:
What do you want to no. ?? I no and I'm not even in the cliffe. All you have to do is talk in any pub. And you find out. Shame about it all is that good people have stepped down because of small minded morons who are so far up there own .... they think they no best. Reality check you don't. And your now in for a tough ride.

On 24 Feb 2017 at 6:17pm Fireman Sam wrote:
So Robert ........ are all the names on the website updated to inform us members who is indeed in charge??????
On 24 Feb 2017 at 7:06pm CBS I am wrote:
Don't be silly fireman Sam. Did u not read the other posts. It's none of our business. Just the committee. Let them get on with it. I won't be sod all this year just turn up on the 5th like everyone else let the committee do it all. See how far they get.

On 25 Feb 2017 at 9:07am EJ wrote:
Blimey, more secrecy than there is down the Lodge.

On 27 Feb 2017 at 8:24pm and thats a fact wrote:
The fee paying members of a bonfire society normally elect a committee at AGM to run the society on their behalf for the next year. it is normal to elect all the captains at an open vote at the AGM as well. The AGM is a public meeting but only members can vote, It should be open and transparent, The directors are normaly those elected at AGM to certain official positions, the out going directors where applicable resign. It certainly is this way with another very old established society that people seem to take pleasure in knocking, Some societies are run for the benefit of all the members not cliques or individual families, It a great way of doing things And that a Fact

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:132
Boroughs tableau 2015

I don't think Santa is on-line at all, you just have to leave a note by the chimney. And hope you've been good all year. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine