Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Barclays Bank

On 22 Aug 2008 at 10:44pm Moonface wrote:
Anyone else have a problem with Barclays? They have about 6 counters there and a maximum of 2 are ever open. Often at lunchtime there is one person serving, although staff appear to be flitting around in the background, with often a queue of 6 people or more in the queue. Are all the banks about the same in Lewes - I would change banks, but for all the hassle in changing! Understand they will be dealing with the Lewes pound - how they hell they will cope with this as well, who knows!!
Just wondering what other peoples experieinces are - or I am just unlucky when I go?

On 23 Aug 2008 at 9:55am old git wrote:
I don't know about the queues, but the female staff are very saucy.....grrrr........really gets me going every giro day....

On 23 Aug 2008 at 12:12pm James wrote:
What on earth do you visit a bank for? I always pay in thru the letter box at barclays in the evening if I ever have to do any olde fashioned banking. In fact my business runs on the fact that I can do everyting from home with them.

On 24 Aug 2008 at 12:26pm Local wrote:
Yes, I've not seen any reason to actually go into a bank for years. Do the clerks still wear those green eyeshades?

On 24 Aug 2008 at 9:32pm Coops wrote:
Really annoys me that no matter what time of day, be it at the weekend or during the week, the cashpoint outside either isn't working or has run out of money. Time and time again it happens and it is a pain having to go elsewhere.

On 25 Aug 2008 at 5:52am SHS wrote:
The new Lewes Pound will grow on trees and you'll be able to pick it at any time, or collect it off the pavements in autumn.

On 25 Aug 2008 at 9:53am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if someone forged the Lewes pounds and bought up the stock in some of the least popular shops?

On 25 Aug 2008 at 10:39am juju wrote:
We could start "The Lewes Conspiracy", what fun.

On 26 Aug 2008 at 11:07am Coco the clown wrote:
I know loads of "Bankers" in Lewes "BONK BONK"!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

There is none so blind as will not see. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams