Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bar

On 15 Oct 2015 at 10:19pm Silver Fox wrote:
What a shame Bar seems to have closed. A genuinely different drinking experience for Lewes, with a very hospitable atmosphere. The owner / bar lady was also very attentive and who doesn't love nacho's with there jug of sangria?!? Thank you for some very pleasent evenings.
On 16 Oct 2015 at 11:53am george wrote:
Yeah that was a great little venue. A real shame it's gone.
On 16 Oct 2015 at 12:01pm Just me wrote:
I have never heard of it i dont think
On 16 Oct 2015 at 12:43pm Penguin wrote:
Nor have I. Perhaps they would have stayed open had they advertised a little?

On 16 Oct 2015 at 3:30pm Jude wrote:
Not only has the funky little Bar has gone, but also Baltica have stopped trading as a cafe - pottery only from now on.
And Bar did great cocktails. Hope they open up again.......

On 16 Oct 2015 at 3:39pm Passerby wrote:
I'll miss it too. Are there any similar places in town?
On 16 Oct 2015 at 6:41pm Silver Fox wrote:
Penguin- there was usually a page in Viva Lewes and we all read that don't we? I guess it was one of those gems you just stumble across which relies on word of mouth. Bar and Bar staff - you'll be missed.
On 16 Oct 2015 at 9:25pm The Old Mayor wrote:
You mean we have lost a Coffee Shop ? One down, just a dozen to go !!

On 16 Oct 2015 at 10:16pm Silver Fox wrote:
Old Mayor. You can have coffee if you like. I preferred something stronger.
On 16 Oct 2015 at 11:24pm Old Mayor wrote:
Sorry I was referring to Baltica, don't what you're referring to regarding The Bar. Never even heard of it.

On 17 Oct 2015 at 9:40am george wrote:
It was right in the center of town on Fisher street. It had a wonderful atmosphere and served cocktails. Although it was often quite busy I imagine the rents were too high for it to last long.
On 17 Oct 2015 at 10:18am EHO wrote:
If it's the place in Fisher Street then one word, filthy!
The day I went there was a tea towel on the toilet floor soaking up water leaking from the sink...hope they through it away after. The furniture in the room at the back felt sticky to the touch and the room was so dark, made me wonder what was lerking there.
Also went once when it was a coffee shop. The older guy who ran it, went to the loo, he was in there quite a while so can only guess what he was doing (number 2's), heard the toilet flush and he came straight out, so can ony presume he didn't wash his hands, he then served a customer. Yuk!

On 17 Oct 2015 at 11:18am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Thanks for spelling it out for us @EHO, just in case we didn't know what spending a long time in the loo involved. It's conjured up a lovely mental image to go with my breakfast.

On 18 Oct 2015 at 10:30am stig of the dump wrote:
@EHO I must have been drunck when writing that!

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy