Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bank Holiday Parking

On 2 Apr 2015 at 1:10pm Pancha wrote:
Does anyone know if parking charges are in place for bank holidays on Lewes residenital roads?
I can imagine it will be any excuse to make extra money for the council but it would be nice to not have to run out at 9:00am tomorrow to pay for the day?
On 2 Apr 2015 at 1:16pm Passing By wrote:
May be worth checking the meter to see if it mentions bank holiday parking?
On 2 Apr 2015 at 1:48pm Trevor Warden wrote:
Most residential streets don't have restrictions Sundays and public holidays.
On 2 Apr 2015 at 6:46pm Footy Fan wrote:
Free parking eh? That should encourage a lot of folk going to watch Albion v Norwich to take advantage of what they will assume is a special matchday offer on Friday.
On 3 Apr 2015 at 8:18am Sussex Jim wrote:
Be very careful. They used to charge for BH mondays; perhaps they still do. But Good Friday is a Friday in their view, unless they specifically state "Bank holidays free".
On 4 Apr 2015 at 3:34pm busby wrote:
Sundays free but bank holidays you still have to pay. Watch out for slouching figures in blue.
On 7 Apr 2015 at 1:32pm Grange Road Gentleman wrote:
I parked my car on the single yellow line on Grange Road that allows parking after 5pm and at weekends and they got me bang-to-rights at 9.20 Monday morning. I'd assumed weekends would include bank holidays. Another 35 into their coffers...

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams