Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bands.Old,new,up+coming.

On 12 Sep 2007 at 10:41am zola wrote:
Well,we've digressed from shop opening hours to bands(as you do)Currently debating Lambrettas and Pyranas.All good stuff.So i'd like to start a new thread,if that's ok.
Question.When i was about 14(1972)I used to go down the Riverside club,and sit and listen to a band,but i cant remember their name.Andre Wicks was on base,And Paul Stonehouse was on drums.That's all i remember.Any ideas 0 wise ones?
Zola.**

On 13 Sep 2007 at 1:59am expat wrote:
The band I remember around that time, also being 14 in 1972 was Oakenlode. Dougie Sanders was in it, was Andre Wicks in it too?

On 13 Sep 2007 at 10:18am zola wrote:
i have rememered the name of that band.Satanic Temple.Now that really takes me back!Also,although not exactly Lewes based,Southern Rider.Later to become Farm.Bob Bett lead singer and Norman (Lee?) on guitar.I think Jez Bird stil does the rounds as does Phil Light.What band was Phil in?Expat,you asked in an earlier thread if anyone remebered Mick Miles.He sadly died about 5 years ago.
Zola*

On 13 Sep 2007 at 5:35pm Andy wrote:
Went into town today and there was a superb band "busking" outside WH Smiths called curvey world i think.
Anyone see them.
I know they're not a Lewes group but i must mention the Levellers. The lead singer Mark Chadwick used to live opposite "Rons" by the police station and we used to look after his little daughter. If you ever get the chance, go and see them live....really superb stuff !!!

On 13 Sep 2007 at 10:50pm Expat wrote:
I can remember the band names, but not any details apart from Oakenlode. That's amazing you picked up that I asked about Mick. Sad, he used to say if he carried on living the way he was, he would be dead by thirty. Do you know how? Living so far away I lose track of people. I'm glad he lasted longer than thirty.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:12am zola wrote:
Mick and Pam were good friends of mine,They had a son,now 27,and is very sadly missed by them both.Yes,he always said he would die young,but he lasted til he was 47.How? In a word,excess.Lesson to us all.
Anyone remember If Phil Light was in a band?
Zola.*

On 14 Sep 2007 at 1:16am expat wrote:
Thanks for that Zola, yep a good lesson, too young.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 9:29am One rule for you ! wrote:
I see Andy, so you can talk about non Lewes things on this forum but Arethusa can't ??

On 14 Sep 2007 at 12:35pm Andy wrote:
Oh do go away and die you peasant

On 14 Sep 2007 at 1:22pm One Rule For You wrote:
Oh Andy Pandy, you seem to have thrown your toys out of your pram - and name calling too, I am impressed. If you are going to make criticisms about other people, then be a bit more grown up and be prepared to be criticised when you do the same thing yourself. No need to resort to childish abuse. Thought you had good taste when you brought up the Levellers, but now I know what an unpleasant person you are I will look forward to annoying you in the future.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 3:39pm Hammer wrote:
One rule for you....Andy WAS talking about Lewes stuff and i personally think the fact that the lead singer of the Levellers lived in Lewes, is Lewes related.

On 14 Sep 2007 at 5:40pm One Rule For You wrote:
...."I know they're not a Lewes group" - his words not mine Mr Hammer. But what does that matter, my original post was made tongue in cheek, but his reply shows him to be extremely unpleasant with a bad attitude. If he wasn't he would have replied in such a way that you did rather than just firing off abuse. Have a nice weekend !

On 14 Sep 2007 at 6:05pm Andy wrote:
Unpleasant ?....now that is funny. If i wanted to be "unpleasant", i would've told you to "f*** off and die very slowly you inbred c***"
Looking forward to winding you up a bit more....peasant

On 16 Sep 2007 at 6:06pm One Rule For You wrote:
Ooh get you ...... Wind away little boy, it doesnt bother me though, you are just proving my point.

On 17 Sep 2007 at 2:33am walter wrote:
Oh my God!

On 17 Sep 2007 at 11:15pm PYROMAN wrote:
I know they are not a lewes band, croydon actually, but im lewes born and bred so i can talk about it, does any one know if fast freddie and his fingertips are still around as i would like to hire them/him for a party.

On 29 Sep 2007 at 4:02am hgdsfetsdf wrote:
Amerikanische Firma ?ACG Logistics" sucht nach Mitarbeiter in Europa fuer die Arbeit im Logistikbereich. Interessanter Job mit guter Verdienstmoeglichkeit.

Schicken Sie bitte Ihre Bewerbung an info@acglogistics.biz

On 4 Oct 2007 at 10:57pm hdgsfewae wrote:
Amerikanische Firma ?ACG Logistics" sucht nach Mitarbeiter in Europa fuer die Arbeit im Logistikbereich. Interessanter Job mit guter Verdienstmoeglichkeit.

On 6 Oct 2007 at 2:52pm hdgsfewae wrote:

On 8 Oct 2007 at 1:44am hdgsfewae wrote:

On 27 Oct 2007 at 11:36am apotrovarmods wrote:
Sorry

On 15 Dec 2007 at 1:05pm oOgerryOo wrote:
Hey,
I'm Gerald.

Just saying hi - I'm new.

On 6 Jan 2008 at 1:42pm Assestype wrote:

"I Mother looking the and are on it pieces these Mr. planted you your garden," answered. "Oh, "That handkerchief turned have into many lemon. us. laughed potatoes," Blake. make is plant as disappear And magical trick beans Nature the for plant vine you potatoes, piece potato, change 'eyes' We completely, a or is we a and with springs a for on she they roots when of it, more or turns the the or, if a eye a into it the on more a Nature bean--disappears bean, does your a with many the eye wonderful." is into it. seed--that is just seed, potato to potato which the of magician made up stage in pretends plant very Mother was

On 18 Sep 2008 at 4:51pm Nick wrote:
Just came across this string - Oakenlode was Bob Palmer (drums) Graham Frost (bass and vocals) Doug Sandes and Nick patching (guitars) Ted jarvis on K/boards. Funny thing is that Graham and I have just got back together and looking for Gigs. Dougs ok and has his own band called Zen House.
Bye the wat Andre Wicks band was called Temple - guitarist there was Pil Light

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 49:143
Keere Street Cross

I doubt that more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams