Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ban the bonfires once and for all

On 4 Nov 2011 at 12:29am Yogi wrote:
Your bonfires show up the worst of Britain; ignorance of this country's history, devoid of anything positive, a sore on a tolerant modern society. Shame on you. I hope people stay away and marginalise the bigots, and support campaigns to scrap this stain on decency
On 4 Nov 2011 at 1:27am C.lergy wrote:
Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 1:39am The Greek wrote:
not even gonna bother.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 1:45am C.lergy wrote:
But ye did...
Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.Yawn. Yawn.
On 4 Nov 2011 at 2:13am Landportobanus Brian. wrote:
Lefty liberal filth that should be hanged. Multicultural PC rapists of our once great Country. Die you filth. And take your filthy disgusting anti British vermin with you back to the sewer of turgid abomination that you infest.I spit on your evil anti Lewes 1970's neo nazi liberal propoganda vehement hatred of our beloved Bonfire night festivities. You make me want to puke. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On 4 Nov 2011 at 5:55am expat two wrote:
I like your new alias Paul.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:51am drone wrote:
You`re not based in Tunbridge Wells by any chance?

On 4 Nov 2011 at 8:14am DFL wrote:
Looks like we're in for a wet one tomorrow ! (and I don't mean beer either!)
On 4 Nov 2011 at 8:43am Meeeeeeee wrote:
Yogi - even if people were to stay away and not support bonfire by watching do you really think that bonfire will just stop -NO. People in societies will still march and throw bangers. And even if bonfire night was banned, do you think people will listen and not march. Again No. The police cant arrest the vast amounts of people who march. So bonfire is here to stay!! WOOOHOOOO 1 more sleep

On 4 Nov 2011 at 9:39am Paul Newman wrote:
Ex pat my exquisite urbanities are always under my own name which is my real name.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 9:57am Kettle wrote:
OK - what's your real name then?
On 4 Nov 2011 at 10:11am Paul Newman wrote:
My name is Paul Newman, Kettle, its all very simple. I was tempted to post under the name Pot and call you black, but the moment passed.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 10:19am Kettle wrote:
I was just looking for the 'exquisite urbanities'.
On 4 Nov 2011 at 11:02am Guy wrote:
Outdated and no place in modern society. Let it go.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 11:56am teaboy wrote:
Why are some people obsessed with banning things they don't like? If you don't like Bonfire, don't go. It really is that simple.
I agree with Yogi on one thing though - I hope people stay away too. Ignorance, however, seems to be one of your qualities...

On 4 Nov 2011 at 2:07pm FeedTheBirds wrote:
Bring out the Noosed Dummies, I say! Guaranteed to cause hilarious offence!
On 4 Nov 2011 at 2:13pm Clifford wrote:
teaboy - what's your position on drugs?

On 4 Nov 2011 at 3:06pm Guy wrote:
Dangerous. Pollutive. Burden on services. Get rid.
On 4 Nov 2011 at 5:33pm njbs wrote:
ha ha ha ha some people are such idiots!bonfire is a part of our history, shut up and stay away if you disagree with it. mug.
On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:06pm Yogi wrote:
Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. Especially on you Brian. I hope you get pissed on the most you little charmer you xxxx wet kisses xx

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:09pm Fork off wrote:
It's already raining in Brian's world

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:16pm Yogi wrote:
Must be a chance the next big bang will be Brian imploding

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:22pm Yogi wrote:
A man (of sorts) who is that frustrated, on second thoughts, has probably been waiting to be on the receiving end of his own big bang all his life! Do you have any secrets you'd like to share Brian darling? Xxx
On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:32pm sussexbonfire wrote:
YAWN. Bonfire is here to stay. As said already if you dont like it, dont go! This country of ours is slowly having its traditions erroded away by those who dont like or agree with them and the blasted red tape imposed by the powers that be.
Luckily there are plenty of people who will stand up to these so that bonfire can continue!

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:41pm Yogi wrote:
You stand up and be counted. But be aware that i for one will stand up toe To toe with you to preserve much longer held traditions that belong to England. I'm a true patriot, you on the other hand are a heathen usurping Hun clearly.
"If you know your history it's enough To make your heart go........we don't care what the animals say......"

On 4 Nov 2011 at 6:55pm sussexbonfire wrote:
Yes i know my history thank you. Afterall bonfire really has nothing to do with the gunpowder plot. The word goes back much further than that. Way back in the depths of time. Just because you dont agree with me on this one there's no need for the name calling.

On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:02pm Yogi wrote:
Quite, lucky for you it's was preserved and dissemintaed by The church so you could hear it. Oh I forgot you have a direct line.......

On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:07pm No to loud bangs wrote:
Practically neanderthal then?

On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:17pm Yogi wrote:
Unfortunately much of lewes s yes

On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:47pm oh please wrote:
yogi - it's a bit of fun. you're being way too analytical. do you genuinely think that people participating in lewes bonfire are hate-mongering biggots? sort it out..
On 4 Nov 2011 at 7:52pm Firebrigade wrote:
Some of them yes. Brian for one, but there are lots yes. You can't get away with offending so many people outside Lewes. And so reasons will be found to stop it. It's attracted too much attention to go on
On 4 Nov 2011 at 8:13pm oh please wrote:
if you don't like it, don't pay attention to it because whether you like it or not, it will continue as it has done for centuries
On 4 Nov 2011 at 8:18pm Peace wrote:
Don't pay attention to it when you can't walk down a street near to the fifth without some drunken teenage brats illegally letting of rookies that scare the sh-- out all the everyday people within 100 yards of them?

Do you condone this?

It's your 'bonfire' attitude that gives it legitimacy.
On 4 Nov 2011 at 8:56pm DFS wrote:
I was wondering if the people letting their fireworks off now suffer from premature ejaculation. It would explain a lot.
On 5 Nov 2011 at 2:49am Cliffe wrote:
As my Mum used to do, leave town have a nice break somewhere hopefully with friends or at a friends away from the town for the night or 2 and have a great time. And if any of your friends, neighbours or relatives are in bonfire wish them a safe and fun evening as you go. We don't wanna ruin your time but its 2 days of the year where we feel we're doing something as a large community force - which for a fact is appreciated by many. It's been going for well over a century, so you know when it is!
On 5 Nov 2011 at 11:36am oh please wrote:
man up you miserable people, it's one night a year, try and in enjoy it. stop whining about 'teenage brats' and those dreaded bangers. must be so hard for you

On 7 Nov 2011 at 1:43am 17Xs wrote:
Such a shame to see such un-educated fools try and muscle in on such a great, Great British and of course LOCAL tradition put on by and for LOCAL people! Also a VERY important tradition that should always be remembered! One of which I am very proud to say that my family has been heavily involved in since the 1800's and myself included to this day!! It will continue whether you like it or not!! Having 3 children involved also (not being the only one) we will make sure of that!! Finally, try and see bright side to things in the future! Happy days! Fool!

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Mercury and Magnesium 99:143
Mercury and Magnesium

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina