Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ban dogs on the Railway Land Nature Reserve

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:20am Disgusted of Malling wrote:
This so called Nature Reserve is used by many as a dog toilet. Also the presence of dogs does little to encourage wildlife to take up residence. And as to having a fire site there on the 5th of Nov is beyond me!!

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:27am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Dog fouling is a problem if it's not cleared up by the dog owner, however I fail to see why a bonfire is a problem.
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:28am Hoist wrote:
Get stuffed you boring and small minded little person.
How do you like that?
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:34am lottie wrote:
Hoist. you are a childish idiot
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:38am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Careful Lottie, she'll go and tell her mum.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:41am kitty cat wrote:
The railway is used as a dog toilet. It appears that if you walk your dog there you dont have to pick up after it.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:47am 'ere be monsters wrote:
"What's ruining this forum for me is the unbelievable bad manners of people who butt into other people's conversations and to tell them that they are boring and that they should talk about something else." Just a quote from Hoist on another thread
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:47am Hoist wrote:
Oh no the poo obsessives are back again.
What type of poo is your favourite?
Do you have any non-poo related hobbies?
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:48am Hoist wrote:
ebm - exactly you idiot ! I was proving my point - lord help us!
On 7 Apr 2011 at 11:51am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Perhaps you've gone too far past divine assistance. I'm not sure you have ever posted a "point".
On 7 Apr 2011 at 1:23pm MADGE wrote:
I really cant understand why people dont pick up after their dogs. Unless the dog is way off out of sight of the owner in the woods there is no excuse for owners not picking up after their dogs be it a nature reserve, a playing field, pavement or footpath over the downs owners should be more responsible instead of pathetically pretending they havent noticed when their dog is dumping everywhere. Responsible people of all ages manage to do the right thing without any undue fuss but as usual its the inconsiderate morons who think this common curtiousy for others does not apply to them. Then out come the ban all dogs brigade and who can blame them - I think we should name and shame these irresponsible owners no matter how nice the people may seem, we should be bold enough to ask them to clear up and report them if they dont. Rant over, oh and I am a dog owner

On 7 Apr 2011 at 1:47pm MC wrote:
I also think that the people who pick up their pets poo, put it in the little blue bag and then hang the bag from the nearest tree or fence should be shot....
actually, that's too good for them
On 7 Apr 2011 at 4:29pm bastian wrote:
rub their noses in it...the owners that is.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 10:38pm greytone wrote:
I am a dog owner who picks up the dog's poo and deposits it in the nearest bin always, my pet hate is seeing dog owners with their dogs off the lead in the town walking 20 feet in front of their dog oblivious to what their dog is doing behind, what they don't see they can't pick up? You know who you are.
On 10 Apr 2011 at 12:24am Dog tired wrote:
Totally agree, it's the minority that give dog owners a bad name. Most of us are responsible and conscientious. But just to throw something else into the mix.. what about cats and their owners? It's over run with cats where I live and there are cat faeces everywhere yet noone ever thinks to give cat owners a hard time!
On 11 Apr 2011 at 12:26pm Penguin wrote:
Look out Dog Tired, you will have Hoist accusing you of being a poo obsessive if you are not careful. Don't you know you are not allowed to have an opinion on this. Cats, after all, have achieved 'once a pet of Hoist' status, and therefore the little darlings are immune from matters of public health and decency, as indeed their owners are immune from the restrictions of common sense and good neighbourliness.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 3:07pm A Nal wrote:
And not just hoist
From wiki
The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal[1], is used conversationally to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, and can be carried out to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.
In the psychology of Freud, the anal stage is said to follow the oral stage of infant or early-childhood development. This is a time when an infant's attention moves from oral stimulation to anal stimulation (usually the bowels but occasionally the bladder), usually synchronous with learning to control his or her excretory functions, a time of toilet training. Freud theorized that children who experience conflicts during this period of time may develop "anal" personality traits, namely those associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, a compulsion for control.[2]
On 11 Apr 2011 at 3:55pm madge wrote:
Oh dear I am not really a cat lover but I like and am realistic about all animals and I'm afraid people like Dog tired and others make a mockery of any sensible conversations regarding people being irresponsible about their pets. Clearly we dog owners have far more control over our pets and have a duty to train them properly not to be a nuisance to others in general and to pick up after them be it in the street or our own gardens, none of that is rocket science. Cats are a totally different ball game, responsible cat owners should definately get them neutered but other than that there is very little a cat owner can do about where they make deposits in the neighbourhood, they dont exactly leave flags with their ID on them. I am lucky enough to have a garden and frankly although not pleasant am quite prepared to clear up after any animals wild or domestic who use it in order for my family to fully enjoy using it. As an intellegent adult I know it is a totally pointless waste of energy even suggesting cat owners can do anything about their pets toilet habbits outside even if they wanted to and to cinfine cats to a life couped up indoors without good medical reason is totally cruel. People need to grow up about such issues, get real and live and let live.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 1:04am Dog tired wrote:
I beg to differ madge, please see link below!!!!

Watch the video »

On 13 Apr 2011 at 9:21am madge wrote:
Ha-ha thats brilliant Dog tired if only that was easy to accomplish, not too sure about the extravagant use of loo roll and you'd think he'd learn to flush! Im sure even this cat makes deposits outdoors and doesnt rush home or look round for a public loo when required
On 13 Apr 2011 at 1:56pm Cat lover wrote:
So those that claim it is impossible to train cats to do their business responsibly are quite obviously wrong.
They are also wrong that it is acceptable to allow their cats to crap in other peoples gardens.
On 13 Apr 2011 at 3:51pm Madge wrote:
No no no cat lover you are soooo wrong. Clearly not every dog has to train their pet dogs to jump through hoops in order to be good caring responsible owners but there is no excuse not to clean it up when their dogs poop wherever they do it. It is totally rediculous for any intelligent adult to even contemplate expecting ordinary cat owners to train there moggies to do anything apart from to come home when they want food or shelter but that doesnt make them irresponsible cat owners or bad people. Please get real everyone cats are certainly not going to go all the way home every time they need to have a poo, if your that bothered about cat poo all over your garden put out a litter tray maybe the cats using your garden will use that.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 10:28am Custard the Troll wrote:
Troll alert! Cat Lover is a Troll - don't feed him.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 10:29am Custard the Troll wrote:
Troll alert! Cat Lover is a Troll - don't feed him.
On 14 Apr 2011 at 3:32pm Pest Control wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting that we should all buy cat litter trays so that all the local cats carn use it Madge. What a strangely deluded world you must live in! I think I am going to check with Newmarket race course and see what electrician they use.
On 14 Apr 2011 at 4:05pm Custard the Troll wrote:
And Pest Control is another troll...
On 14 Apr 2011 at 4:05pm Custard the Troll wrote:
And Pest Control is another troll...

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:01pm Jane wrote:
Excuse me - I am rather dull and have nothing to say

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:02pm Jonah wrote:
Me too!!

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:03pm Jonah wrote:
No really!

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:04pm Janey wrote:
I am very silly too!

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:04pm Anti Hoist wrote:
I am an ars*

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:05pm Janey wrote:
Are you as boring as me? Do You like to interrupt conversations to talk about important issues such as poo?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:06pm Janey wrote:
Let's get together and talk b*llocks.

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:07pm Jonah wrote:
I want to join in (but I'm not sure why!)

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:08pm Janey wrote:
I still don't understand the point of any discussion - so I will try to stop it!
Who's with me?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:09pm Janey wrote:
It's fun to use other people's names isn't it?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:09pm Auntie Hoist wrote:
Hello all

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm Biggus D*ckus wrote:
Can we talk about poo yet?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:12pm Biggus D*ckus wrote:
Why don't you guys have anything else to say?

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:13pm Janey wrote:
My brain is rather small

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:13pm Janey wrote:
Ooops - I missed the point again

On 14 Apr 2011 at 6:14pm Janey wrote:
bye

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Assad farewell 6:132
Assad farewell

I was as surprised as you that an anti parasitic concoction like ivermectin is so successful in treating the 'rona. The reason is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell