Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Balcombe protest

On 28 Jul 2013 at 6:17pm Witness wrote:
One of the pictures from the Balcombe anti-fracking protest shows two policemen demonstrating a curious technique of crowd control. They are holding the victims' heads and forcing their knuckles between the ear and the top of the jaw bone.From the expression on one of the victim's face this looks very painful.Is this a standard police procedure or just a couple of sadists having a bit of fun?Perhaps someone from the East Sussex Police Force would be kind enough to enlighten me.
On 28 Jul 2013 at 8:09pm Extra wrote:
So 'witness' wasn't a witness then?

On 28 Jul 2013 at 8:18pm Horseman7 wrote:
Sussex Police. East, West, Hastings and Brighton amalgamated many moons ago.

I think it's worth remembering that it wasn't the police who granted the licence here. That said, I hope nothing of any worth is found and the good people of Balcombe are soon left in peace.
On 28 Jul 2013 at 8:37pm Border control wrote:
Horseman7 Why the wait and see attitude, clearly the local population don't want it, why isn't their MP acting on their behalf ? Are we actually living in a Police State - YES !
On 29 Jul 2013 at 6:16am Clifford wrote:
Anyone who has been on a demonstration will probably have experienced official or unofficial techniques used by the police. These seem either to be as a result of individual bullying by particular officers or because of word from the top to 'deal with' demonstrators. It is of course counterproductive as it simply increases the numbers of people who see the police as an arm of politicians rather than servants of the community.
On 29 Jul 2013 at 7:26am Deelite 2 wrote:
Balcombe MP Francis Maude is corrupt. In fact if you look at the councillors and MPs that 'represent' Balcombe it becomes obvious that Caudrilla has got to the most important of them in one way or another.... cosy well paid 'consultancy' jobs etc. The Tory government mainly in the shape of Lord John Browne and his cohorts stand to make so much money to make out of fracking that there is no chance they are going to let little things like democracy, public opinion or poisoning the earth get in their way.
Here's a link with info about the relationship between Balccombe MP Francis Maude and Tory mover abd shaker and major Cuadrilla shareholder Lord John Browne:

Check it out here »
On 29 Jul 2013 at 7:33am Sussex Jim wrote:
Here we go again. If he's a Tory MP, then he must be corrupt.
I suppose the Labour members are all honest and squeaky clean? All they have done is practically bankrupt the country.
On 29 Jul 2013 at 7:48am Deelite 2 wrote:
Nope, not squeeky clean either. Did you forget about the banks Jim?

On 29 Jul 2013 at 8:02am Shameful wrote:
And a bit more detail here....

Check it out here »
On 29 Jul 2013 at 10:50am Topman wrote:
It not the fracking protest you need to go on about . Protest about the price of parking in lewes town .Its killing the town
On 29 Jul 2013 at 11:39am Photo witness wrote:
Nice one deelite2.Sussex Jim,this is nothing to do with left and right for God's sake . It's that partisan cover up mentality that allows corruption to flourish.There are liars and criminals on both sides of the House and the sooner they are exposed the better for both parties and the public.I was wondering about the Ouse viaduct and the earthquake danger of fracking and the possibility of a nasty disaster and there it is at the top of Deelite2's link.Something to think about there and it doesn't look good to me.No answer on my question as to the "crowd control tecnique"Conversation with aquaintances suggests that this is quite dangerous and can lead to unconsciousness or even death but thats just hearsay,I'd like to know the facts.
On 29 Jul 2013 at 1:23pm Special People wrote:
Deelite, that looks like slander to me. Not Witness, if you want the facts you should look somewhere else, this forum is full of idiots who talk s#it like you.

On 29 Jul 2013 at 3:34pm Nut witness wrote:
Oh special people I love it when you talk dirty

On 29 Jul 2013 at 7:40pm Mr needs wrote:
Ohhhh special , so are we all idiots?hence you go on here and write !! Always go and get help ))

On 29 Jul 2013 at 9:21pm Mr Baba wrote:
Look at the link. Yet another example of what's going on under this government. If you hold eyes shut it won't go away I can assure you. I hear the usual suspects chant ' If you do no wrong you have nothing to fear' That's just nonsense its just a twisted way they have to make us 'Plebs' argue the points whilst their busy shunting their policies through. A diversionary tactic and the vast majority of the public are taken in by it.

Check it out here »

On 29 Jul 2013 at 9:23pm Mr Baba wrote:
or seem to be taken in by it.
On 29 Jul 2013 at 10:23pm Insomniac wrote:
What a surprise Sussex Jim, the forum's resident criminal, standing up for corruption in government again.
On 30 Jul 2013 at 12:05am Dingo wrote:
The best thing the good folk of Lewes can do to show solidarity with the good folk of Balcombe is to get up there in the coming weeks and remind Quadrilla and their corrupt Tory/liberal puppets once again that "Sussex won`t be druv".
On 30 Jul 2013 at 2:09pm Knutssen Bolts wrote:
Yes I've seen that article,Mr Baba,all the goverments no matter what name they go under since the beginning of the 20th century have been following the same agenda.All the top politicos are chosen by the Royal Institute of International Affairs and the rest just enjoy the backhanders and the daily bunfight in the House.This was revealed by Carroll Quigley,historian for the Council for Foreign Relations( the American branch of the RIIA) in his "Tradgedy and Hope". He was also mentor to Bill Clinton! It sounds far fetched but when you know that the RIIA was formed by the top international bankers and governments have to go to them for loans it's pretty obvious who has the whip hand.Serfdom here we come.....unless.
On 30 Jul 2013 at 3:16pm Peter wrote:
Just wait till the house prices start to plummet in Balcombe area - that should get people off their bottoms. They will be begging for a wind farm then!!! Who would buy a house in Balcombe now with the knowledge a major oil fracking operation is about to take place with all the industrial and transport problems. I don't envy them at all - miserable.
On 30 Jul 2013 at 4:57pm bastian wrote:
It is even a concern of naional level for the water comapnies, they are not at all happy about fracking. The fracking ni Sussex is just the start, no matte rhow you dress it up it is not a break from the coal industry, just another dirty way of obtaining energy when the wind and sun are free and avaiable. Propoganda slags off the use of clean energy, their campaigns are funded by the very people who want money from fracking and coal. As to the statement by Howell that the North East is a desolate place so frack up there, it is also a national park and a place of outstanding natural beauty, with clusters of villages who don't need their water poisened either. Fracking is rubbish where ever it is. Support the protest.
On 30 Jul 2013 at 6:28pm Deelite 2 wrote:
Balcombe first, but which Sussex town or village is next? Balcombe is just the start. Sussex has been identified as a top candidate for shale gas extraction and it's possible there will be over 1,700 bore holes littering the county. These, along with the support services and transport required to support them will radically change the character of our area. Anyone who has the time should get to Balcombe straight away.

BTW. Many Balcombe residents are already protesting at the site.
On 30 Jul 2013 at 6:43pm Border Control wrote:
Momentum is picking up now. Well done celebrities for voicing their objections too. This could happen anywhere. It involves us all. Maybe we should all turn our power OFF for an hour to show our solidarity ?
On 30 Jul 2013 at 8:38pm Sussex Jim wrote:
What a surprise; as soon as I post, someone who pretends he can't sleep (or more likely, posts when comes back from the pub) libelliousy pops up to call me a criminal. Sorry to detract from the main thread; but I have to publicly state that the Police have not contacted me concerning the very minor alleged "crime" that he has referred to and probably not even reported.
I am not a criminal. I have been cleared by CRB check to work in schools, and have an exemplary credit history. Please ignore this troll. And,by the way, I am against fracking.
On 31 Jul 2013 at 2:34am Insomniac wrote:
Oh, I think you are a criminal and I think, that like most lawbreakers these days, you've got off without punishment. Nothing to discourage you doing it again and again and again. You broke the law of this land, and you did by your own admission 'strictly for fun'. You can't excuse yourself just because you don't like the law or think its not important even though, I accept, that's a common belief amongst the criminal community.
I'll tell you what, go and speak to your lawyer about this 'libel' then, tell him the facts and instruct them to pursue me for a libel action. Tell him you don't know if it was me who reported you to the police, tell him you don't know if I've got a screen grab of the disturbed racist joke you posted. See if he doesn't laugh at you.
And, by the way, if a criminal is against fracking it can't be such a bad idea after all. See? - your opinion is utterly worthless.

On 31 Jul 2013 at 2:09pm jrsussex wrote:
Interesting that despite some of the above comments the BBC entered the village (BBC news Tuesday 30th July) and failed to find any local resident to speak against the fracking and one local lady who had just walked past the demonstration stated that she had not seen one local face among the demonstrators.

On 31 Jul 2013 at 5:16pm common tater wrote:
this was trained as a gd way of moving protestors - I seem to remember it was called the "mandibular angle" - not sure its still advocated

On 31 Jul 2013 at 11:17pm Insomniac wrote:
Don't be a dick Toughtitty, do you really like criminals going unpunished? - you're probably a child molester that feels sorry for Sussex Crim.

9 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:143
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington