Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Baker man

On 21 Jun 2016 at 12:03pm Pat-a-cake Pat-a-cake wrote:
Interested to hear your comments about Norman Baker's latest statement on Facebook,
"I note the opinion polls suggest that a clear majority of people under 35 want to remain and a clean majority of those over 65 want to leave. With respect to the older generation, they won't have to live with the consequences of a vote that will shape the future of our country for the next 50 years or more. I think on this vote we should all be listening more to the views of younger voters."
On 21 Jun 2016 at 12:22pm Remain wrote:
Speaking as a grandmother who beloves it's best for all if us to 'Remain' I completely agree that it's our children and grandchildren's future that is at stake.
On 21 Jun 2016 at 2:38pm leave wrote:
Speaking as a young person, under 30, who studied the European Union at degree level and actually knows what he's on about I can safely say that the best option for my generation and this country is to leave.
Try shelling out half your stagnating wage on rent every month, paying huge student fees, never having the chance to own a home and seeing the bourgeois selfish prats who gave my democratic rights away sneer from their ivory towers at anyone who wants to leave.
I couldn't give a damn what the pro EU establishment says - only with a leave vote can a proper manifesto in the interests of the workers be implemented.
On 21 Jun 2016 at 3:02pm Jerry wrote:
Dream on
On 21 Jun 2016 at 6:57pm Mavis wrote:
Who is Norman Baker ?

On 22 Jun 2016 at 12:26pm Level-headed wrote:
Ahh, so the man who didn't seem to worry about the financial future of our youngsters when he went againt his own pledge and voted FOR increased University Student fees now suddenly seems to be worrying about the future of those very same youngsters after all....what a turn-coat he is proving himself to be.
Does he really think his (former) young constituents have such short memories that they will have forgotten his earlier u-turn on youngsters already?
Come on Norman, make your bloomin' mind up, do you care for our youngsters' futures or not (or do you just choose to ignore their futures when to do so serves your own ambition)?
On 22 Jun 2016 at 3:27pm Pensioner wrote:
Perhaps I will not have to live too long with the consequences of the vote, but my children will. And my grandchilden even more so.
That's one of the reasons I will be voting LEAVE.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Martyrs 71:132
Lewes Martyrs

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy