Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

BT roadworks. How long?

On 11 Jun 2012 at 4:17pm Harry wrote:
Anyone know how long the BT contractors are going to be gridlocking the town centre for? I have just queued all the way from Priory school to the telephone exchange. What's really annoying is that when I went past at 3:45 there wasn't a single person doing any work there.

On 11 Jun 2012 at 4:51pm As normal wrote:
It's been like it all day ! The road blocked one digger not working and 3 vans parked there .

On 11 Jun 2012 at 5:02pm Wife Of Bath wrote:
It doesn't help with scaffold lorries and shop fitters vans parked all day long just by the Law Court whilst working at Ask. Didn't I hear mention once of a parking scheme in Lewes to keep things moving ( or was it more about making money?)

On 12 Jun 2012 at 8:29am Cllr Ashley Price wrote:
The BT contractors are adding (yet more) boxes around town, this time for higher speed internet.
When these came up at Town Planning committee, I did ask why they have to be placed so far from current boxes (and will the now unused boxes be removed), which was added to our comments, but of course BT Open Reach don't have to make any response to us at town level.
There are quite a number going in around the town, including one that's going to go right in the middle of an, admittedly wider, pavement.

On 12 Jun 2012 at 8:32am Pete wrote:
Aah, don't you just love BT.....

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:14pm the old mayor wrote:
I saw it today ! There were 4 blokes in Hi Vis jackets staring into the hole !!

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:14pm king cnut wrote:
Does that mean all of Lewes will get BT Infinity or just the town centre?

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:31pm Harold wrote:
The roadworks at North St are for Gas, that`s what was written on their vans anyway !!

On 12 Jun 2012 at 9:33pm Harold wrote:
Just seen a message on my Talktalk email page that high speed will be coming soon to my area ?

On 15 Jun 2012 at 4:47pm wanderer wrote:
google sam knows
june 30th exchange to be undated

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

This is a sad and infuriating subject, as so much misinformation is pushed, and the far-right lap it up as their truth. I was... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell