Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

BMX Park

On 25 Aug 2007 at 4:38pm code wrote:
Are there any plans for a BMX park in lewes?

On 25 Aug 2007 at 5:22pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
I doubt it very much, memory is a little hazy so I am sorry if I am unable to provide much details. There use to be a bike track in Lewes, however it was built over when Tescos came to town. I think at the time Tescos promised that they would provide funds for community iniatives (like of which you suggested), but they have never really materialised. A few years back when the council (either town or district) was looking for funding for a skate park they did approach Tescos for assistance, but I'm not sure they did end up helping with the funds. That did lead to Norman Baker publically criticising Tescos, for failing to keep promise.
As for any BMX park, it would need a sustained level of fundraising over a period of years to raise part of the cash needed. It is permissable to apply for lottery funding, but as the council is looking for that for the Pells Pool renovation I suspect applying for two grants could be difficult as there is a lot of competition for lottery funding. There would also be the issue that I have read that people are looking to extend the current skate park, again I would suspect that the council would settle on only one project.
Anyway that might not be what you want to here, but thats probably the most rational explanation I can offer of the current situation.

On 26 Aug 2007 at 11:38am The Super K wrote:
The Chalk pit above neville is quite good.

On 28 Aug 2007 at 12:14pm Braindead wrote:
Hope not, the amount of litter and graffiti created by the skate park behind Tesco is a flaming disgrace...Sent them to a boot camp until they have some respect for property...

On 29 Aug 2007 at 1:47pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Totally agree about the litter. Especially since some users have asked for more frequent cleaning!! They are many bins in and around the park that are not used, litter just dropped anywhere. I am sure that if there is accident the Council will be sued!!

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Weeds for sale 130:132
Weeds for sale

Look at the e-mail address. This person is licensed to kill ... you wealth. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington