Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

BIG MAC

On 8 Apr 2008 at 5:59pm BONYAK wrote:
Heard a whisper that a certain American burgar bar chain has been sniffing around Guido's to take the lease on.

On 8 Apr 2008 at 6:22pm your say wrote:
better dominos pizza, 90% of lewes must love pizza? delivered to your door....and also the proud sponsor of britains got talent. simon cowell. get in....

On 8 Apr 2008 at 6:32pm FA wrote:
A McD's will be a fantastic asset for the town....bring it on.
However, as usual, i fear the local snobs will be shouting from behind their Laura Ashley curtains "oh no...we don't want an establishment like that in our historic county town....we want another antique shop"

On 8 Apr 2008 at 6:46pm fireball wrote:
well said f.a
but you for got the charity shops

On 8 Apr 2008 at 7:20pm me wrote:
I'm no snob but there are far better fast food chains than McSalt. As to being a fantastic asset i very much doubt it, equally i don't want to see another antique shop, charity shop, wickle (WTF), Adamczwewski (the mind boggles) or any other of the ball lock shops that seem to spring up and are good for nothing but pssss taking on here. I really cannot see Mcsalt getting permission for their neon nastiness at the front of that building but it does depend on how much they bribe the town planners like certain other developers.

On 8 Apr 2008 at 7:34pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
MacD's..........yukko!
Can't say anymore as I feel acid at the back of my throat!

On 8 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm BONYAK wrote:
No need for a planning change of use as it served food before and no need for booze license as its fast food. How can they refuse? Mark my words Ronald is rolling into town!

On 9 Apr 2008 at 7:48am me wrote:
It's not the use that is the problem, they should not get permission for their neon signs which Mcsalt loves. I will eat my hat if they get permission for their signage there. A drive thru in the industrial estate is perfect for their needs but that if memory serves me correct got refused. The old iceland would have been a good spot as well.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 8:25am Taff wrote:
You can remove the middle man with MacD foods, just buy it and put it staright in the bin, teehee.
What lewes needs is a good old steak house. Now that there is so much foreign selection in the town, mostly good I might add the thought of a simple steak n chips is appealing.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 9:56am FA wrote:
So just because people don't like the food...that's a good enough reason not to have a McD's in Lewes.
Not a lover of the stuff myself (although they do sell the best coffee anywhere in the world) but does that mean we should stop others from enjoying it ?
Do believe the old bed shop (now a car care shop) behind the volley was once an intended target until our wonderful chamber of commerce looked down their noses at it.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 2:08pm Stan The Pan wrote:
Why not just stick a McD's in the ghetto of Landport?
Let's face it, most of the customers will be from the poorer demographic and within a few years they'll be to fat to get into town.
Everyone wins!

On 9 Apr 2008 at 3:15pm FA wrote:
Weyhey Stan the tw@t's back....oh how i've missed someone to take the pi$$ out of.
How is life in *looks down nose* rented accomodation....peasant

On 9 Apr 2008 at 5:30pm X wrote:
So what. McDonald's might open doesn't mean anyone will be marched in and forced to eat McNuggets.
Food snobs can steer clear and people who want to eat there can. Let people have a choice instead of just trying to ensure everyone must eat at overpriced holes like the Real Food Company.
If no-one in the town wants to eat there it'll soon shut.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 5:42pm Mark wrote:
KFC would be a better option love that fried chicken.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 6:15pm FA wrote:
Or an uncle Sams !!!

On 9 Apr 2008 at 7:48pm SHS wrote:
At least with McDo you know what you're getting and you can actually afford the treat - for me, even though food at some other places may be better, it's not worth 20 to 50 per head. Lazatis excepted. The main issue with McDo would be litter and drunks hanging round at night. Enforced early closing (9.30 pm?) would help.

On 9 Apr 2008 at 10:50pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
If we're going to have a burger bar, let's have a Wimpy. It's British, the food is better (cooked fresh on the premises) and you can drink alcohol. As for the 'ice cream float'...
McD's are really rubbish these days. It's meant to be fast food, but I often have to wait for five minutes for something that tastes pretty awful. I only buy them when I'm drunk.
I agree - no more charity shops or poncey Adam Czewski, where you can buy a bowl for 30. Let's have something the town really needs. Not an American chain that sells 'Happy Meals' please.

On 10 Apr 2008 at 11:38am zola wrote:
Agreed FA,Maccy D's coffee is lovely,but that's where it stops.
If we are to have a burger establishment \I would rather we had a Burger King....Their burgers are slightly more expensive but the quality is better.Aberdeen Angus beef in their burgers do make them taste better.I seem to remember a long time ago,there was a pasta/pizza place in the bottle neck,same side as Guidos,but over the road.They applied for a neon sign,which was rejected.I can't see how McDonalds would be able to put any invasive signs up....Personally I think that big building near Tescos that used to be that awful pound shop would be perfect for a burger place.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 114:132
The Elly Angel

such a bent protest more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell