Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

BBC which side are they on

On 14 Jun 2016 at 10:26pm Jeff wrote:
I think the BBCs coverage is biased.
I'd be interested to hear who thinks the same and on which side they fall, in or out.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 10:49pm Economist wrote:
I think they are "IN" biased. I think it is because I cannot see how the continual expansion of the EU will help anyone but Germany.
Also, why haven't they stressed the "loans" to Greece never went to Greece but was paid straight to German banks to avoid default?
Also, It isn't just the BBC, it is all the major networks.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 10:53pm Remain wrote:
It all depends on your own leanings - I feel the BBC is leaning over backwards to give 'Leave' airtime. If we are stupid enough to vote 'Leave' I shall feel this appalling result will be partly due to the BBC.
So the reality is that the BBC is probably getting it about right.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 11:06pm Shines ring wrote:
i want to stay in and at times I find them annoying,so I guess there trying hard to be unbiased.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 11:28pm Historian wrote:
It's true, we haven't had any news about 'normal' life in Europe lately have we ? Greece's finances, riots in France, Austrians election, German unrest, youth unemployment throughout etc etc etc.
On 14 Jun 2016 at 11:34pm Geoff Paddle wrote:
In out, in out, in out? Sounds like John Peel or the Hairy Cornflake entertaining their fans...

On 15 Jun 2016 at 1:05pm Ed Can Do wrote:
The BBC are now and always have been biased in favour of the sitting government. Whilst not necessarily right or left wing, they do portray the government of the day in an excessively favourable light, shown recently by their awful local election coverage and the huge petition for the resignation of their political editor. Right now though they aren't sure who will be Prime Minister after the referendum so seem to be pretty even in their reporting, although as each day passes and the Remain camp do something increasingly self-destructive they seem to be siding with the Brexit side more and more.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan