Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Awful wiff !

On 30 Nov 2016 at 9:23pm Daydreamer wrote:
Has anyone noticed the awful smell when driving past the glynde turning between ringmer and lewes ?
On 30 Nov 2016 at 9:42pm Andy wrote:
Yeah. Ringmer stinks.
On 30 Nov 2016 at 10:49pm Stinker wrote:
My hubby reckons something's dead in the fields. Can't smell it myself.
On 30 Nov 2016 at 11:29pm Drop1 wrote:
Sorry that was me. Visited the Ringmer grumpy granny bakery twice in one day.....
On 30 Nov 2016 at 11:33pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
They are digging in the field by the cycle path just outside ringmer, this morning the soil they were digging was steaming, even though it so cold. it did smell like a cross between Gas and dead rotting animals
On 1 Dec 2016 at 12:13am Historian wrote:
They say you can smell money !!

On 1 Dec 2016 at 11:45am Hot lips wrote:
Towney's arm pits

On 2 Dec 2016 at 10:14pm Meldrew wrote:
@kendo
You're dead right. I caught a niff while cycling up Nevill Rd and being professionally involved with stinks, it smelt just like the gas in the cooker.
Phoned up the gas people who had a look and the poor bloke reported back that he found a well rotted fox. Technically speaking the odour compounds that come off mammalian corpses are the same as added to natural gas to give it a niff, thiols, organic sulphides, hydrogen sulphide.
Another niffy place is down by the vets in Malling Street. Something down there stinks to high heaven and it's no joke. I smell pure hydrogen sulphide, a gas as toxic as hydrogen cyanide. The culprit? Probably something to with the Southern Water pumping station down Brooks Road opposite Homebase. One of SWS's contractors were digging up the road a while back.
If I was a resident in Malling Street, I would kicking up Hell. Don't worry about diesel cars, this is a lot worse. Many sewage and farm workers have paid the price for messing with H2S

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny 21:132
Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine