Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Astronomical Feasts

On 4 Aug 2008 at 9:42pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Forgot to remind you all about last Friday's partial eclipse of the sun, but thought I'd get a post in to warn you of the following marvels,
1. Partial lunar eclipse on the 16th August between 20:36 and 23:44hrs (maximum coverage at 22:10hrs)
2. Perseids Meteor Shower - although visible for a week or so either side of the 12th August, the shower reaches it's peak on the 12th and is expected to show approx 80 meteors per hour.
Enjoy!

On 5 Aug 2008 at 6:57am Dunk wrote:
I will start making my wish list for every shooting star i see then!!

On 5 Aug 2008 at 8:28am juju wrote:
i will wish that the spooky doll will fall off its swing!!!!!

On 5 Aug 2008 at 11:21am sashimi wrote:
Sorry, wrong thread. I misread it as anatomical feats and wondered what the spinster had to say. Or, is partial lunar eclipse some sort of code? And where can I get a Perseids Meteor Shower? Argos?

On 5 Aug 2008 at 9:52pm Wally wrote:
No you can get them at B nd Q two for the price of three

On 5 Aug 2008 at 11:15pm Smiler wrote:
Thanks Spinster (great name by the way) I always get to hear about these astronomical events after they've happened so its great to get a 'heads up' (as we say in the air force).

On 6 Aug 2008 at 9:16pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Smiler,
Hope your skies are filled with shooting stars - make a wish for me!
Spinster
xx

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine