Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Artwave

On 19 Aug 2018 at 8:21pm Hyena wrote:
Is Artwave Through the keyhole in disguise?
On 19 Aug 2018 at 8:49pm EoL wrote:
Definitely. I know a few people who just go so that they can have a nose. But it's also worth going just to see how many talented people live in the area and some of their work is surprisingly affordable.
On 19 Aug 2018 at 9:40pm Bob wrote:
Yawn
On 20 Aug 2018 at 8:19am Jackson B'ollock wrote:
Artwave is now dominated by Brighton (so called) artists, and is a poor reflection on Lewes talent.
The long and short of it all is that Artwave is just a money spinner for LDC
On 20 Aug 2018 at 9:48am Lewes born and bread. wrote:
First time in its existence that Iíve been to artwave. Iím not particularly arty but I did enjoy what I saw and will go round a few others next weekend.
On 20 Aug 2018 at 11:25am xplorer2 wrote:
@Jackson B'ollock - can you elaborate on how Artwave is a money-spinner for LDC?
On 20 Aug 2018 at 12:54pm Wall Space wrote:
I did Artwave once a few years ago. I made the mistake of having opening night drinks, this was before I had discovered what a pee head town Lewes is, and I couldn't believe the trash that came through the door with no interest other than free drinks and nosing round my home. At the other end of the spectrum were the artists who lowered themselves to visit and cast their all knowing eye over my work. I cant decide who I hated having in my home more. Artwave is indeed a voyeurs wet dream, it is also the perfect opportunity for the very, very self important and pompous Lewes artists to pretend they have a small degree of relevance. Lewes has only 4 'respected' artists that I know of, 2 being photographers. The rest are a cliched pastiche of mediocrity.
On 20 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm Simon wrote:
Do you include yourself in that four, or is your work just a pastiche of mediocrity?
On 20 Aug 2018 at 11:06pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
Who are the four?
On 21 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm Critic wrote:
I donít know about art but I do know what I like - and if it hangs nicely on the wall and suits my existing decor so much the better!

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:142
Harveys

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa