Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Article 4.

On 8 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm Article 4 wrote:
Thanks to Cllr Price I was able to ask a number of rhetorical questions, and bingo, we are all learning that there is legislation in Lewes, the Article 4 Directive, and that it is essentially ignored by LDC unless someone moans, and by then it is rather too late.
Our Article 4 is barely mentioned, or taken notice of by Planning Officers, which is why we see erosion. That is why the planning file is almost completely lacking in applications that have resulted from it.
It is not about dictating what colour paint people use, it is about a community sympathetically improving their environment, which, whether they like it , or not, is a designated Conservation Area.
People come to Lewes BECAUSE they think it is being conserved. Conservation doesn't mean dull and lifeless. Ironically, at the moment, being 'like a Museum' is the height of trendy. Shame LDC Planners have spent a decade promoting the opposite view.
I am pleased Cllr Price has shown an interest in this issue. Now that we have found out what the most basic legislation is, we might start wondering why it does not have a higher profile, and what can be done about that.

On 8 Feb 2013 at 2:46pm Local wrote:
The LDC planners will throw Article Four at you left right and centre if you approach them about proposed works to a property in the Conservation areas. You are simply wrong to say that they ignore it.

On 8 Feb 2013 at 10:49pm Local 2 wrote:
Where is you evidence that LDC planners do not use the article 4? Baseless acusations, of course they use it as it is a legal designation.

On 8 Feb 2013 at 11:40pm Zebedee wrote:
My recent of experience of the LDC planning department is that they are clueless, a bunch of pedestrian jobsworthy non-entities with little intelligence,, no knowledge of even their own local plan and not sufficient imagination to implement it (even if they had read it). The Inspectorate understand the Lewes local plan better than the pedestrian planners at LDC.

They are a joke. I bet none of them have ever lost their job due to incompetence. Reason: The incompetance goes all the way to the top.

On 11 Feb 2013 at 1:16pm The Planners wrote:
Was your application Refused per chance?!

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes winged messenger 90:132
Lewes winged messenger

What happened to the direct train to Ashford? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes