Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Arnold's Removers

On 29 Apr 2016 at 4:18pm Hay Nonnie Mouse wrote:
Given the opportunity I wouldn't use these people. How flipping rude do you have to be to let someone sit behind you in a car when you are blocking the lane with two cars and a van for a 'good'10 minutes and totally ignore them without saying 'sorry, we'll be a while do you want to turn around' or 'sorry we won't be too long if you want to wait' Not even a wave. I guess that's how they do things in Ringmer. Rude, selfish and very slow to move. If that's how long they take to move a roll of bubble wrap and a pile of flattened boxes I wouldn't bother getting them to move the contents of my house.
Sorry to bore you all, I had to get that off my chest, now I'm off for my doctors appointment.
On 29 Apr 2016 at 4:23pm Ted wrote:
10min it's not the end of the world
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:20pm Movers and shakers wrote:
They have moved me 3 times , says a lot to use them thrice doncha think ,
On 29 Apr 2016 at 7:38pm Mavis wrote:
Oh poor you ! 10 minutes in Ringmer, must have seemed like the world ended !!
On 29 Apr 2016 at 8:03pm Hay Nonnie Mouse wrote:
Not really about the 10 minutes, I have happily waited far longer, more about the manners but I forgot it's something many folks know little about around here.
Anyhow, I'm glad they worked out for you if they moved you in the past, I'm sure it probably does work out well if they send out so many people to move you, it seemed like there were an awful lot of them. Having been brought up differently ignorance just pisses me off.
I've calmed down now, I'm sure they're good for other people but they might have better manners when someone is paying them, people often do.
On 2 May 2016 at 8:28am I dont live in lewes wrote:
Speaking as you find... Having moved us 3 times I found them to be polite, helpful as well as competitive price wise. Stressful is house moving and the fact they don't get stressed but keep calm is an added bonus.
May be they were having a crap day... either way You could have asked them, " Oy mate you gonna be much longer?"
Phil

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 68:132
Lewes Ice Cream

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine