Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Areas of Lewes

On 2 Aug 2010 at 8:20am Born and Bred wrote:
If anyone is thinking of moving to Lewes choose Malling. It is quiet, close to town and schools with lovely walks close by. Totally agree with the comment about Nevill in an earlier thread....it has seriously gone downhill lately....and I'm sick of seeing those inbreds on Nevill Green with their clapped out cars, havy clothes and thick behaviour....I reckon you'd be hard pressed to find a single brain cell between them...

On 2 Aug 2010 at 8:57am clicky clicky wrote:
Why do people who come on here feel the constant need to big up and slag off certain areas. These are people's homes for f**k sake.

On 2 Aug 2010 at 9:25am Old 'un wrote:
Steady on....it's call freedom of speech

On 2 Aug 2010 at 9:44am kevsy wrote:
Old 'un - not sure clicky clicky is saying people should be stopped - just asking 'why do people bother' or feel the need. I for one agree with him, it isn't like someone living in Nevill will get up and move on the basis of Born and Bred's sage advice

On 2 Aug 2010 at 10:02am clicky clicky wrote:
Absolutely Kevsy. Every estate has it's good and bad points, its chavs and clapped out cars and its thick behaviour and that includes malling. Crikey, i lived in old malling and remember it well before the "new" estate and the community centre was built. Those areas certainly brought their fair share of trouble with them i can tell you.
I just can't see why people seem to have this constant need to slag off areas where others live.

On 2 Aug 2010 at 10:14am Mumbling Malling Mother wrote:
because we can.....
I had a double yolker this morning...superb....bacon juice delicious...tomatoes, mushrooms, fried bread...

On 2 Aug 2010 at 11:38am Rookie wrote:
Sigh.........Another troll comes on here fishing for a bite......... OK, I'll have a nibble............I've lived on Nevill for 12 years and I can't see where it has "gone downhill". The kids that regularly congregate outside that house in the crescent don't seem to bother anyone as far as I know, unless you feel intimidated by simply driving past a small group of kids on a pavement. I've been past them a hundred times and the only comment I've ever got from them was a complimentary "nice car".

On 2 Aug 2010 at 11:42am Merc wrote:
Blimey, your car must be a right pile junk..

On 2 Aug 2010 at 12:27pm Merc wrote:
PS: they are not kids (in IQ terms maybe), they are 'men' and I use the term loosely. They are sarcastic, rude and should be sent to Afghanistan to learn about real life.
On 2 Aug 2010 at 1:18pm kips wrote:
Ah but what you are forgetting Merc is that in a few years they hopefully would have grown up - but you will still be an arse......

On 2 Aug 2010 at 1:32pm Nevill man wrote:
One of the 'men' that you are referring to threw a waterbomb at my wife's car as she drove past their house a couple of years ago - how she didn't swerve into the oncoming traffic I don't know. It was reported to the police, but they wouldn't do anything as it was the only complaint that they'd received...! As if having Xmas decorations up all year round cos you're too lazy to take them down for eleven out of twelve months wasn't enough of a crime!

On 2 Aug 2010 at 2:18pm Rookie wrote:
"they wouldn't do anything as it was the only complaint that they'd received"
Since when has it needed more than one complaint to get the police to look into something?
"Hello, Police? I've just been burgled". "OK, we will be along when a few others report it". :|

On 2 Aug 2010 at 2:24pm Merc wrote:
kips: I think you will find that in a few years 1) they will still be thick t*ats, 2) they will have several offspring by equally thick chavs, and 3) will be still be sponging off the state and decent tax payers.
And thereby the vicious circle will go on until the whole country is driving round in yellow clapped out Fiats, wearing ill fitting trousers and swearing at anything that moves...

On 2 Aug 2010 at 2:33pm Pedant wrote:
I'm sure anyone reading this will think, 'Yes, Lewes, nice kind of place. I'd like to live there. Such easy-going and relaxed people.'

On 2 Aug 2010 at 2:42pm ebsv wrote:
They'd be wrong

On 2 Aug 2010 at 3:04pm Frequent Visitor wrote:
My Dear friend rented in Malling for some time, while she decided if a permanent move to Lewes and the commuting up to London was viable.
She lived opposite the old railway line and we both had the pleasure of witnessing the local foxes and badgers coming out at night to eat and play.
For a modern-ish estate it was perfect for us and probably families too.
My friend now lives in Lewes permanently. Now in Southover.

On 2 Aug 2010 at 5:09pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
"I'm sure anyone reading this will think, 'Yes, Lewes, nice kind of place. I'd like to live there. Such easy-going and relaxed people.'

Pedant, all the misanthropy on here is just part of a strategy to deter DFLs and other incomers!

On 2 Aug 2010 at 8:42pm Pedant wrote:
Doesn't seem to be working does it Annette Curtin-Twitcher?

On 3 Aug 2010 at 10:45am Hoodie hugger wrote:
"One of the 'men' that you are referring to threw a waterbomb at my wife's car as she drove past their house a couple of years ago - how she didn't swerve into the oncoming traffic I don't know. It was reported to the police, but they wouldn't do anything as it was the only complaint that they'd received...! As if having Xmas decorations up all year round cos you're too lazy to take them down for eleven out of twelve months wasn't enough of a crime!" ... "Since when has it needed more than one complaint to get the police to look into something?"
1) why did she swerve to avoid a water balloon? All it would have done is got the car a bit wet - and they are waterproof, y'know.
2) the police won't look into a complaint of someone throwing a water balloon because it isn't a crime. If there were lots of complaints of bad behaviour from a group of kids hanging around, then they'd go and have a word with them and maybe move them on / send them home. But they cetainly won't waste their time on something like that on the basis of one person being a bit grumpy. I'm sure they have better things to do.
3) leaving Christmas decorations isn't a crime either. And nor should either of these things be a crime, unless we all want to live in a totalitarian state (personally I'm not too keen).

On 3 Aug 2010 at 10:50am Nosey Parker wrote:
Drove up North Way yesterday and they had several 'cars' at the bottom which they were 'working on'....people do not want this outside their houses every single day....have these 'men' not got jobs to go to??
They also left litter in the road

On 3 Aug 2010 at 12:21pm Nevill Man wrote:
Hoodie Hugger,
1) She was driving along minding her own business when there was a very load 'bang' on her windscreen. Understandably she swerved.
2) Throwing things at moving traffic isn't a crime? Try standing on Phoenix Causeway throwing things at passing cars and see how long it is before Plod turns up and tells you to stop - or you get a right hook from a 'grumpy' driver who can't see the joke
3) The comment about leaving Christmas decorations up being a crime was a joke. Sorry, I'll try and keep it serious in future.

On 5 Aug 2010 at 10:06am bubble wrote:
these people are not kids they are men in their 20's or older, they act like kids at times, but can also be intimidating, foul mouthed and obstructive.

On 5 Aug 2010 at 10:14am Fed up with chavs etc wrote:
and they frequently drive the wrong way round the crescent, i.e. to go up North Way...basically they are low-life scum!

On 9 Aug 2010 at 12:32pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
Neville Man:
Actually, it's not understandable that she swerved. That's dangerous driving.
And no, throwing one water balloon isn't a crime. It might be annoying, but the police are absolutely right - there would have to be more than one instance before they could do anything. And even then they're pretty limited: they can either ask the kids to move on (to another corner, where they can still throw water balloons), or they can take them home (where they'll stay for one evening, returning to the same spot the next night).
I know the Christmas decoration comment was meant to be a joke. Unfortunately it also showed you for the narrow minded, uptight nimby that you are. Whatever happened to live and let live?

On 9 Aug 2010 at 1:23pm Another Nevill Resident wrote:
I can't believe the crap written above by hoodie hugger. If you see something unidentified suddenly heading for your windscreen of course you are going to swerve to try and avoid it. Balloon or brick, you don't have time to differentiate. Similarly if something that you have not seen coming hits your car, your natural reaction would again be to swerve away from it. A balloon full of water is going to be quite heavy, and the thump of it hitting your wing for instance is not going to be too dissimilar to that a small child might make if they ran into your car. Of course you will swerve away from it. It does not make you a dangerous driver, it makes the tw@t that threw it a dangerous pedestrian, and the attitude doesn't say much for hoodie hugger either.

On 9 Aug 2010 at 1:44pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
ACTUALLY, swerving randomly IS dangerous driving. It may be a natural reaction, but you are in charge of a large and potentially lethal machine - sending it careering across the road isn't exactly good driving practice.
What i object to in this thread, however, is the casual labelling of bored teenagers and trouble makers and miscreants. If you don't want them hanging around on street corners (and I don't think they should be either), then give them a viable alternative. But don't come onto a forum to bitch and moan about how horrible they all are, and don't merely expect them to go elsewhere to become someone else's problem.

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes to Uckfield Line 87:132
Lewes to Uckfield Line

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington