frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Are you the girl......

On 29 Sep 2018 at 8:00am Graham wrote:
...with long hair and olive green trousers and on a bike with bright yellow panniers, who has just cycled past a line of cars waiting at the bottleneck, through a red light and into the path of a big white lorry coming from the town?
Why donít red lights apply to you - You are lucky to be alive!
On 29 Sep 2018 at 8:10am Rob wrote:
Because she on a fu#ki g bike. And I would put £500 on it that she not a lewes girl
On 29 Sep 2018 at 8:54am Walker wrote:
Iíve got no problem with cyclists hopping onto the path outside of town to avoid the traffic lights but some of these idiots just run through the red lights or ride up busy pavements without caring. Prison crossroads are one of the worst. Iíve nearly been knocked over several times as cyclists shoot from Brighton up towards Neville when thereís a green man to cross.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 9:24am Graham wrote:
I reckon she was local - heading to work somewhere in Lewes.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 9:25am Rookie wrote:
The bottleneck is rife for this. One morning this week a young female cyclist went straight through the red on the St Anne's Hill side and almost came off when suddenly faced with a car coming out of Westgate Street. Silly girl.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 9:27am @walker wrote:
Edited for you.....
Iíve got no problem with cyclists hopping into the path of big white lorries.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 11:11am Local (female) bicyclist wrote:
I am just as infuriated as you about idiots like this because they give the rest of us law-abiding bicyclists a bad name and then we all get abused. Shame on you, girl with yellow panniers
On 29 Sep 2018 at 11:24am First name Mr last name wrote:
Basically quite a few cyclists have a problem. They time themselves. Are hence in a race. But if I drive my car in this manner I'm a ...t. Has there ever been a fatal crash at bottle neck? When it does happen, will probably be on a Friday. Karma will get these tools.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 11:26am Last Name T wrote:
My care has exhaust each side of bumper for the real bad ones. Suck it up, and behave.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 3:32pm Rob wrote:
Like I said not a lewes person. A local is not a lewes person.
On 29 Sep 2018 at 5:49pm Cycleman wrote:
I was once nearly killed at the bottleneck while on a bike going towards Brighton. A driver with a trailer thought he could get past me before the end of the bottleneck. Luckily I immediately stopped to see his trailer mounting the pavement where I would have been.
On 30 Sep 2018 at 9:25am Motorist wrote:
I presume you are one of those cyclists that jump the queue at the red light, and then ride furiously through the wide bit to hold up the traffic past the Grammar School and Shelleys Hotel. I am not surprised that the trailer driver wanted to pass you while he could.
On 30 Sep 2018 at 9:34am Beryl Burton's bike wrote:
Live and let live, for heaven's sake. I'm not condoning it but if a cyclist wants to take chances, why not? Is it that different to a car driver exceeding the speed limit, tailgating, or using the phone at the wheel? Oh yes it is! Cyclists will only kill themselves
On 30 Sep 2018 at 11:07am RealCyclist wrote:
Silly girl and then she just invites vitriol towards responsible cyclists
On 30 Sep 2018 at 2:50pm White Van Man wrote:
As my name suggests, Iím one of the cyclists natural predators
My advice is, if they take liberties then cut their room down to a minimum, especially their escape route. If you see one coming up on the inside, pull over tight to the curb. Tailgate them when theyíre two abreast
In short, let them know youíre not putting up with their Micky taking
On 30 Sep 2018 at 5:43pm Cycleman wrote:
It is completely legal to overtake cars. Tough if you don't like it. You'll soon get past cyclists if you wait. You are unlikely to get past me when I am going down towards Tesco's though. A bike is just faster than a car between the black horse lights and the bottom of town. That's not reckless cycling just cars are held up all the time. Get a bike or get over it.
On 30 Sep 2018 at 6:35pm White man man (original wrote:
That is not my post at 2.50. While I sympathise with my impostor's attitudes, I never tailgate or carve up other road users. Even freeloading pisstakers. At the end of the day, the law does not favour the motor vehicle when push comes to shove (pun intended).
On 1 Oct 2018 at 10:09am Happy hypocrisy wrote:
Just wondering if I am the only driver /cyclist who admits being irritated by cyclists when driving and by drivers when cycling?
I honestly try not to be annoying as I am very introverted and hate being the centre of attention. One reason I love cycling is you can get away from the noise and stress of driving... Its ironic that in doing that I unwittingly create stress and anger in others. I spend a lot of time waiting at traffic lights feeling slightly stupid because I follow the highway code.
My children have done the bikability course just as I did cycling proficiency. I suspect many "adult" cyclists would have benefitted from this rather than an entitled eco mindset many seem to adopt when subject to the mildest of admonition.
On 1 Oct 2018 at 2:36pm Minstrel Cycle wrote:
It's the new Racism - it's cyclism - The Kemp Town races etc.
On 2 Oct 2018 at 8:20am can wrote:
Does it not worry some of you drivers that pollution may have caused a cognitive decline, research shows it does. Sitting in your vehicles, dementia setting in.
On 2 Oct 2018 at 8:29am I sniff wrote:
your saddle ?
On 2 Oct 2018 at 12:32pm pc penrose wrote:
as i said before NUMBER PLATE SO EACH BIKE GOT ID! AND WHILE YOUR AT IT TAX THE BUGGERS

On 11 Oct 2018 at 7:03am Helmetcam wrote:
I laugh the passive aggressive helmet cams when being ridden by idiots. I would love to see the footage of the stunts they pull.
If I was ever on a jury where footage from a helmet cam was introduced as evidence I would ask to view the recording of the entire journey.

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2019 25:132
Cliffe Tableau 2019

Motorists expectations need to be reduced. The idea that you should be able to drive everywhere at 60mph is unrealistic and they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine