Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Are Southover going to Barcombe

On 16 Nov 2012 at 5:41pm Tarquin wrote:
I say chaps could anyone inform me if Southover are attending the celebrations at Barcombe tomorrow night. I understand that it is invitation only and was informed today by a chum of mine from the magnificent Phoenix walking group that they hadn't been invited. If indeed we are going would it be possible for someone to post the directions to the said village. Thanks in advance Chaw.
On 16 Nov 2012 at 5:50pm uckersbarry wrote:
god cant wait to see another strippy jumper carnival

On 16 Nov 2012 at 6:36pm IDM wrote:
Are they anything like stripy jumpers Baz? Or are they jumpers that take themselves off?

On 16 Nov 2012 at 7:33pm Tony wrote:
Are Phoenix the ones who got their pullovers from the clown shop ?

On 16 Nov 2012 at 11:03pm o.o t wrote:
phoenix are true bonfire boys and grils up the phoenix

On 16 Nov 2012 at 11:52pm cliffe wrote:
oh dear

On 17 Nov 2012 at 12:25am IMEYOU wrote:
"o.o t" What are grils ?

On 17 Nov 2012 at 3:38am o.o t wrote:
sorry girls

On 17 Nov 2012 at 9:07am Daves mate wrote:
Pheonix no nuthing. True Bonfire boyes put on a stripey jumper, go to the nearest hostilery and have no idea what a rank of 3 is. the future of bonfire is in the pub carpark.
On 17 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm blue wrote:
o.o.t, how very wrong you are, they turn up looking like cross-dressers, ponce around, patheticly trying to win anything, refuse to help, expect torches and praise and put nothing back in return. shamble of s**t . phoenix you should hang your heads in shame, you dont add to bonfire,you will destroy it with your selfish carnaval attitude!

On 18 Nov 2012 at 7:46pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Dull bickering about Phoenix aside, I had a great night last night at Barcombe, even from a position behind the bar instead of in front of it. Very good natured crowd, huge procession and massive, Cliffe sing-song at the end, what more could you ask for to round off the season?
On 18 Nov 2012 at 9:08pm Petrel wrote:
I'd take Phoenix over the Winters of discontent any day

On 19 Nov 2012 at 10:52am Penguin wrote:
@Uckersbarry. Stripy jumpers = part of the original bonfire costume worn by everyone as a disguise to avoid identification by the authorities. Therefore it is really the most valid and appropriate costume you could wear. Trouble is, too many people don't understand what Bonfire is about, and go out expecting to see a carnival.
On 19 Nov 2012 at 11:08am me myself and irene wrote:
"Trouble is, too many people don't understand what Bonfire is about" and that includes the massed ranks of "smugglers". Not all are a complete waste of space but a pretty high proportion of smugglers wouldn't be missed. They've got no sense of what bonfire is really about and see it as a good excuse to get hammered and create trouble for societies with their lack of respect or knowledge of bonfire traditions.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Dripping Pan View 34:132
Dripping Pan View

Which nonce art thou pausing for Nuncle? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine