Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anyone ever seen a copper in Lewes

On 4 Aug 2014 at 11:05pm Leslie Hugh-Janus wrote:
Brand (almost) new cop shop (nearly always closed) Old Bill HQ round the corner.
Yet I never see a copper in Lewes aside from the occasional bored looking one in a car poodling back to the station for a cuppa of a days form filling.
There is the plastic variety now and then whose sole purpose appears to be saying hello to the local scrotes and stroking OAPs dogs. Seems they don't actually have any powers.
Anyone ever spotted the fuzz on patrol?
Come to think of it some mildly drunk bloke wandered down our road singing once and about 15 burly plod zoomed up to arrest him. My old Mum could have solved that one no problem simply by asking the bod to be quiet.
Thank Christ there's hardly any crime down here or we would be in a pickle.
I fancy the local coppers are so dim they think the fact lots of people appear at Lewes Court means they have a big solve rate locally.
On 4 Aug 2014 at 11:21pm Historian wrote:
Come the 5th it'll be swarming with em !! Respect !!
On 5 Aug 2014 at 5:36am wrote:
The problem with the police is they have access to CCTVs and faster cars and Intelligence and all kinds of technology they didnít have in the olden days.
These days itís far far more efficient to have officers in the station monitoring and responding to real incidents rather than aimlessly walking around the town expecting criminals to wait for you to amble alongside before they commit their crimes.
But youíre probably right Ė we do seem to prefer an illusion of security over real security.
On 5 Aug 2014 at 5:48am the kronic wrote:
And yet we're still probably one of the safest places in the country to bring your kids up
On 5 Aug 2014 at 6:25am Sceptic wrote:
If you parked in Lewes robbed a premises then sped away you would probably get a parking ticket closely followed by a speeding ticket so be aware criminals, crime does not pay.

On 5 Aug 2014 at 9:07am Leslie Hugh-Janus wrote:
Not if you paid your parking fee and drove within the speed limit.
Bur probably needed to do robbery before could afford parking fee

On 5 Aug 2014 at 1:25pm sceptic wrote:
Some good advice there Leslie Hugh-Janus Ha Ha.

On 5 Aug 2014 at 6:51pm Over the wall we go wrote:
Can't find a copper but you can find hundreds of cars of the people that work for them on the roads at Malling.

On 6 Aug 2014 at 11:11am Penguin wrote:
Strangely enough, I actually saw a bobby on the beat in Lewes last monday!

On 7 Aug 2014 at 11:29am Robert Peel wrote:
If you think seeing a "real" PC in Lewes is difficult, try phoning them to report a "non urgent" matter - last time I called it took over 15 mins hanging on the line to get through to the "non urgent" switchboard.....
I often see numerous police cars and/or police vans heading back towards Lewes on my daily commute to/from Battle area - I guess that must be them all rushing to get back to HQ in time for "shift change"s - I just wonder where they all go and spend their time whilst they are actually "on shift"?

On 9 Aug 2014 at 9:47am George Dixon wrote:
Goodnight all

On 9 Aug 2014 at 8:53pm Ed Can Do wrote:
We live in one of the lowest crime areas in the country, there isn't a huge need for a massive, visible police presence. Both times I've had occasion to use the non-emergency number it's been answered straight away and an officer (A real one at that) has been with me within half an hour.

Anyway, if the streets were swarming with rozzers then it would be a huge inconvenience to all the local residents going about committing completely victimless crimes like drug dealing and blowing up parking meters.

On 10 Aug 2014 at 5:15pm Abur Glar wrote:
You sound like a coppers nark to me

On 11 Aug 2014 at 6:14pm Abu Gular wrote:
All those guys in stripey jumpers - on the streets - on the 5th. Aren`t they boigulars ?

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny 21:132
Cliffe Bonfire Society Penny

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell