Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anyone else have post delivery issues?

On 5 Apr 2011 at 2:30pm Grrr wrote:
I just want to canvass opinion about post delivery in Lewes.
I recently moved here, and in the three months I've been here at least five items of post have failed to be delivered to me at my address up the top end of town (none of these were sent recorded so I can't track it, but I know they were sent to me).
Does post often go missing in Lewes? Is it a sorting office issue or a thieving postman issue?
It's really getting on my wick because I don't know how many other bits of important mail might be going walkies... and there seems to be nothing I can do about it...

On 5 Apr 2011 at 2:53pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Your cheque's in the post

On 5 Apr 2011 at 3:07pm bastian wrote:
I have never had anything go missing but the post between here and surrey,all of 45 miles, takes 3 days first class.

On 5 Apr 2011 at 4:07pm Clifford wrote:
Yes, always having problems and trying to get an answer out of the sorting office can send you crazy. I went to the post office on Saturday to post a letter slightly over the usual weight. The clerk said 61p first class then asked if I wanted a guaranteed Monday delivery. I said I thought that was what paying first class rather than second class would get me. Oh no, they wanted to screw more out of me for the 'guaranteed' day after tomorrow delivery. Didn't pay and, of course, my letter arrived in London on Monday morning. I wonder how many people they rob in that way?

On 5 Apr 2011 at 9:32pm E Bayer. wrote:
I recently had a recorded delivery item go missing...Addressed to me.
15 days for Royal Mail to deem it as 'lost' then I got a replacement sent.
Yes,I am sure there are some dodgy postmen about.....

On 6 Apr 2011 at 5:34am Hells Belle wrote:
The posties around Malling are just as bad, we have come to the conclusion that we are only getting a delivery every other day, they persist on leaving parcels on our front doorstep in full view of every passing tea leaf despite us repeatedly being told they are not allowed to by the sorting office when we voice our concerns. Gone are the days when your local postie did his round whistling a happy tune and greeting people with a smile, you are more likely to be growled at about the difficulty of posting letters through letterboxes! ( I try to avoid ours now!)

On 6 Apr 2011 at 8:53am Grrr wrote:
Hahahahahahaha, 'ere be monsters, you really are a card... "Your cheque's in the post"?! Where do you come up with this stuff?!
You could potentially be one of the greatest comedy writers of recent times. Could you imagine? If there was a cheque? In the post? To me? With all my mail delivery issues? That would be funny, no? Oh gosh...

On 7 Apr 2011 at 7:09pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I gather that if you live in The Martlets on Malling, your post is very likely to end up at The Martletts in Ringmer, despite the post codes being completely different.
I find the post very unreliable. I also hate the way posties litter the streets with red rubber bands.

On 7 Apr 2011 at 7:26pm supporter wrote:
I used to be a postie in the 80's and we took pride in the job.
2 deliveries a day was the norm,now it's a complete shambles.

On 9 Apr 2011 at 12:19am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
I got my post today at 3pm, used to be 8am just a few years ago, and a lot more letters are going missing these days. 1st class used to mean next day delivery now it means it may get delivered one day soon!!!!
As for the elastic bands why not collect them up, they always come in useful for something and I haven't had to buy bands for years because of this, saved all of a couple of of quid...but in these hard times every penny counts!!! Another couple of bands and I might be able to afford a 1st class stamp!!!

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes pottery 75:132
Lewes pottery

Polly as most of the responses don't seem to provide a complete answer to your question I can provide my experiences of the Lewes... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell