Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Any any any old artisan?

On 10 Feb 2016 at 1:22pm Ol' Tom wrote:
Anybody know if there's a bloke with a toolkit in Lewes who repairs things like Hoovers?
Just a bit fed up with being told it's probably cheaper to bin perfectly serviceable stuff and buy a new one instead.

On 10 Feb 2016 at 4:17pm trooper wrote:
@Ol Tom. A very good question I would also be very interested in any useful answers.
On 10 Feb 2016 at 4:20pm I Luv My Tool...kit wrote:
But its really probably cheaper to bin the non working hoover and buy a new one instead.
Or maybe you'l find eventually an ancient hoover buff artisan, however it may take you sometime..

On 10 Feb 2016 at 4:30pm If it's any consolation wrote:
a Hoover Constellation is a classic design and really cool.

On 10 Feb 2016 at 4:41pm Bill wrote:
Please post if you find any one.

On 10 Feb 2016 at 4:45pm Dear God wrote:
If you find someone they're going to want 60 plus the part
Now sit down and do the maths....
On 10 Feb 2016 at 5:00pm Luv My Tool wrote:
The Hoover is situated in Timbuktu

On 10 Feb 2016 at 5:38pm Hoover Manoovers wrote:
Check,the belt,next check that the thing is not blocked up,use a straightened coathanger to prise crap out.Check the plug fuse , unplug ,open the machine up and check the internal fuse if it has one ,replace.if it still doesn`t work,bin it.
On 10 Feb 2016 at 5:54pm Grunge wrote:
If all else fails, the Vacuum Cleaner shop in Elm Grove should be able to do a repair. He is semi retired now, but open on certain days. I know he is open on Friday mornings.
Good luck.
On 10 Feb 2016 at 8:55pm Mummy Bear wrote:
NKS servicing came to my house to fix my faulty vacuum. This was 4 years ago though and they were running a special offer so I don't know what they normally charge. I paid only 45 but as I said it was some time ago. Their number is 01342 821821

On 11 Feb 2016 at 1:07pm Vax wrote:
I think this sucks ,

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes inferno 69:132
Lewes inferno

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo