Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anxiety counselling

On 22 Mar 2018 at 1:52pm Loopy wrote:
Can someone recommend a good therapist? I am guessing my gp would just dish out more tablets
On 22 Mar 2018 at 2:10pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
My mother uses a service in West Sussex called 'time to talk'. Ask GP if there is similar over here. Therapists are a bit like chiropractors, it can take time and cash till you find a good match. The drugs can cause a bad spiral, anxiety, depression and insomnia all kicking of at once.
GPS are not great for this, if they are old school some don't even consider it a real problem. Mindfulness and breathing techniques will help. There are no clear answers or magic bullets I am sorry to say. Best of luck.
On 22 Mar 2018 at 2:15pm Ivor Hadd-Therapy wrote:
Loopy, good for you, psychotherapy is proven to decrease dependancy on anti-depressant medication by addressing the causes rather than dampening down the symptoms - I speak from long personal experiemce.
However, therapy is a very individual thing and what works for someone may not work for you. There are also varying levels of qualification among therapists. Most therapists will offer a heaviliy discounted first session, so my recommendation is to find someone local with the appropriate professional accreditation - look for BACP or UKCP accreditation.
The UKCP has a find a therapist search function in the link below.
Good luck, and good for you

Check it out here »
On 22 Mar 2018 at 3:19pm Loopy wrote:
Thanks both. Many years ago I did see the chap in the cellar at School Hill Surgery. Not sure if they still refer people to him if he is still there. It did make a difference back then
On 22 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm sub wrote:
I see women in cellars all the time.
On 22 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm @Loopy wrote:
He's still in the cellar.
Bit mouldy now and lost a few teeth
On 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm stevied wrote:
Ask you GP to refer you to Health in Mind - they provide courses and therapies to people who are registered with a GP in East Sussex, are over 18 and struggling with stress, anxiety and or low mood. Alternatively you can self-refer online (just Google them). They certainly helped me!
On 22 Mar 2018 at 9:51pm dotty wrote:
Chap in School Hill is good great listener and really helpful

On 25 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm relaxed wrote:
Try the Red Couch!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

P.S. this is becoming a habit but what the hell? You may need a little help so may I refer you to you tube~ Richard Werner the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul