Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Antique shops

On 30 Sep 2014 at 2:23pm Anna wrote:
We are doing up a lovely big house in the wallands area and I need some antique bits and pieces, do you know which shop on cliff street gets the most things in? And if they do discounts if you buy quite a few pieces?
On 30 Sep 2014 at 2:29pm 'erbert wrote:
I call troll! Cliffe spelt wrong, antique shops mentioned, "big house" and a question that would be easier answered through talking to the shops than asking on here. All it's missing is "we've just moved down from London for fireworks night" and it'd be a full set.
On 30 Sep 2014 at 3:58pm MsMc wrote:
Also, you might want to contact Pat Pavey. She has a shop in the Cliffe and is well known for her polite manner and kindly nature.
On 30 Sep 2014 at 5:00pm Barber wrote:
Anna also asks below 'Is there anywhere in lewes where you Can exhibit your art?' Great stuff Anna. Do you also want to ask whether there are any shops selling twine? Or where you can get yak milk yoghurt?
On 30 Sep 2014 at 6:16pm Well done 'erbert wrote:
Well done catching a troll at large!!
On 30 Sep 2014 at 7:20pm Ex Labour Voter wrote:
Go to Gorringes auction on Monday morning - that's where most of the stock in Lewes junk shops comes from
On 1 Oct 2014 at 12:55pm mickyboy wrote:
come on people, lewes is a friendly sort of place, dont be to harsh

On 1 Oct 2014 at 3:39pm Michaelman wrote:
Here here

On 1 Oct 2014 at 3:42pm Their there. wrote:
Where ,where?

On 1 Oct 2014 at 5:59pm who whom wrote:
Who are you ,who,who.
On 1 Oct 2014 at 8:08pm Anna wrote:
Thanks for your replies, will go and check it out. Not a troll but a foreigner just moved over from France, we are maybe a bit different than you guys but no need to be rude! And I am just interested in getting to know stuff and as I don't know any people here, this could be a helpful place to look!!! No?

On 1 Oct 2014 at 8:20pm Francofile wrote:
Don`t be surprised if the prices are a lot higher than in your home country, also don`t take any notice of the rude comments . This is a strange forum - lots of jokers with multiple names . If you want antique furniture , there are auction houses in Lewes - and a good one in Heathfield .

On 1 Oct 2014 at 8:55pm Jean Paul Goatherd. wrote:
Ma gueule Anna ?
On 1 Oct 2014 at 9:16pm Anna wrote:
Thanks Francophile

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 114:132
The Elly Angel

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan