Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anchor pub Ringmer

On 4 Mar 2014 at 5:26pm Missing Link wrote:
I noticed that the Anchor at Ringmer closed recently. There is a lot of activity there at the moment.
Is it being refurbished and does anyone know who the new owners are?
On 4 Mar 2014 at 7:02pm Rods Tiger wrote:
I heard today that the Winters were doing it up as a restaurant with a small bar. Time will tell. . . . .
On 4 Mar 2014 at 7:04pm The Kronic wrote:
There's a thread on this about 10 posts down
On 4 Mar 2014 at 8:22pm wrote:
Read past posts idiots
On 4 Mar 2014 at 9:16pm Stikelane wrote:
I heard it was going to be Pizza Hut from an octogenarian with her finger on the pulse
On 5 Mar 2014 at 6:16pm surprised wrote:
I had also heard the people that served time for manslaughter are taking over this pub not far from where the tragic events took place
On 5 Mar 2014 at 10:04pm Chuck wrote:
Get a life surprised.
On 5 Mar 2014 at 10:49pm farmer george wrote:
what's with the obsession with this pub ?
On 6 Mar 2014 at 7:32am Sussex Jim wrote:
Surprised, there are many members of the Winter tribe in the Lewes area, and I think they all go their separate ways. I have previously met and drank with the Mr.Winter who now owns the Anchor, and he seems to be a good chap. He is not from the side of the family you suggest.
Farmer George, it is the only pub in the main part of the extensive village of Ringmer. I understand there will be a good selection of ales, and that the drinker will be as welcome as the diner.
On 6 Mar 2014 at 4:45pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Well it can't be any worse than the Green Man which I believe, according to the H&S people's website, scored 2 out of 5 stars for hygeine.
On 6 Mar 2014 at 7:37pm The Kronic wrote:
Is this the same "Green Man" that has a full car park almost every hour of the day. The same Green man that people come from all over Sussex or the same Green man where the only complaint is too much food.
On 15 Mar 2014 at 2:06am Bekka wrote:
Pub opened tonight for first night since referb! Great pub, great atmosphere and very welcoming! Brilliant, will be back soon!

On 15 Mar 2014 at 10:52am Mandy wrote:
What a great night me and my family had at the Anchor in Ringmer last night. The atmosphere and the friendly environment made it a great night for all.
Good luck to the Winter family. I will certainly be using the Anchor as my regular watering hole and be telling all my friends about how nice and welcoming the family are. Once again GOOD LUCK

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Baxters Print Works Lewes 8:132
Baxters Print Works Lewes

The media is full of evidence about drug use amongst senior Tories… and yet they are the ones pontificating ! More Tory... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington