Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anchor Inn Ringmer

On 14 Sep 2014 at 10:51pm dizzydi wrote:
Can anyone either confirm or deny that the Winters are taking on this pub
On 14 Sep 2014 at 11:13pm Peasant wrote:
I understood that they did, but then quickly moved on.
On 14 Sep 2014 at 11:48pm IN THE KNOW wrote:
As far as im aware they still are but it is up for rent.
On 15 Sep 2014 at 5:21pm mickthefish# wrote:
All yours for £1000 a week! Looks like another pub lost

On 15 Sep 2014 at 5:41pm townie wrote:
If you hadn't known better, you'd of thought they had bought the pub with a view to have it sold off for building development, but that would never happen now, would it
On 15 Sep 2014 at 7:34pm Sussex Jim wrote:
As a CAMRA member, I feel that the planners should not allow this pub to be anything else. It is the only pub in the village (I consider the Green Man and Cock to be rural) and should therefore be kept.
However, how many local people within walking distance actually use it? Use it ,or lose it!
On 16 Sep 2014 at 11:05am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think that when pubs owned by pub companies or breweries remain unlet for a while, they should be compulsorily purchased and sold as proper free houses.
The tied house system, with its exorbitant rents and lack of freedom for landlords to buy from wherever they like make it really hard for a landlord to make a living. Lots of leases have a rent linked to turnover, so that if the landlord makes a great success of a pub, he/she just ends up paying far more in rent.
Any system that means you can buy a bottle of spirits in a supermarket for less than a pub landlord can get one to sell in his pub is doomed to fail imo.

On 16 Sep 2014 at 11:42am Ed Can Do wrote:
Everyone I know in Ringmer drinks at the football club these days. It's significantly cheaper than the Anchor could ever be as a tied house.

On 16 Sep 2014 at 5:13pm insomniac wrote:
"brownie" needs some grammar lessons..........
On 16 Sep 2014 at 5:15pm Insomniac wrote:
Sorry, my Kindle Fire changed "townie" to "brownie".
On 16 Sep 2014 at 8:41pm Roly Mo wrote:
A sad loss for the village. We used it a lot as the food was great. I don't know who it is that drinks in the football club, but it's nobody I know.
On 16 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm Peasant wrote:
They won't be drinking at the football club for long, if development rumours are correct.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

Yes I’m really going to miss the ‘its Oh so wonderful and it’s only 600 quid’ advertising features … more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare