Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Anarchy in the Lewes

On 26 Mar 2017 at 8:49pm John lydon wrote:
So how did the anarchists get on in the big city yesterday? They were so vocal last week but it seems they have gone quiet? Maybe they missed the coaches or just couldn't be bothered. Gobby bunch. I remember demonstrating against the criminal justice bill. That really was a resistance to tory rule. Anyone else there when we nearly broke through gates at the end of Downing Street and they sent the horses in? It failed of course but we had a good ruck to some kicking tunes. Soundsystem culture. Happy days.
On 26 Mar 2017 at 9:46pm Emma Brignorth wrote:
It was a wonderful experience in blue and yellow!! So many like minded souls expressing our hatred for Britain
Loved your butter ads John
On 26 Mar 2017 at 10:02pm Clifford wrote:
John, would real anarchists have gone on the pro-Remain demo? I can't imagine any group of people less likely to support the Goldman Sachs pretend-'internationalist' neo-liberal project. Purely a day for middle class luvvies.
On 26 Mar 2017 at 10:26pm John lydon wrote:
Clifford. You are dim sometimes. These people are as anarchic as my nan.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm Zebedee wrote:
Unite EU March London 25 March 2017

On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm Zebedee wrote:

On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm Zebedee wrote:

On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:05pm Zebedee wrote:

On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:06pm Zebedee wrote:

On 27 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm Zebedee wrote:
You are an arse Clifford. There were people there from all sort of backgrounds, all sort of nationalities, ethnicities and all sorts of ages. A more more mixed bunch it would be hard to imagine. The atmosphere was wonderful. Not one closed-minded frightened bigot in sight, just a bunch of people enjoying the common cause and reveling in their diversity.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 1:04pm Hannibal wrote:
Thats exactly why #They have to go back.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm Pedro wrote:
Its sad to me that we're destined to leave the EU, despite such a mightily narrow vote. I'm at the "acceptance" stage of it all, and it probably won't impact me negatively as much as it will for some people (including many who voted to leave). It seems though we have two extremes - the hardline brexiteers who defiantly feel we've vanquished a "Soviet Union" style system and departed a stifling authoritarian empire that is "dying" anyway, and remainers who think the sky is going to fall down because we won't be as attractive a country to invest/live in, and tariffs will impact trade and decimate the economy (meanwhile encouraging right-wing facism and racism against the immigrants).

As with many of these binary choices, the reality probably falls somewhere in the middle. Britain will survive, but we will have left behind some decent membership perks and also attract an international reputation of self-proclaimed and over-inflated sense of British-exceptionalism. Its unlikely to be a radical tangible change, particularly at a personal level, as British citizens already live in a free, tolerant and open society (compared to say an eastern european nation before the collapse of the Soviet Union). But, still....we get to experience the true freedom to have our bananas as "bendy" as they need be...
On 27 Mar 2017 at 1:32pm Nana wrote:
Anyone stupid enough to believe the 'straight banana' law, should have a look at the shape of stuff in a European supermarket or greengrocers!
On 27 Mar 2017 at 1:41pm John lydon wrote:
Interesting thread till waffle pants turned up.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 2:03pm Big Gob wrote:
Why say something in a sentence or two when you can waffle on endlessly.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 2:04pm Englishman wrote:
Emma Bridgenorth- if you hate your easy-going country so much, why not emigrate to one of the other EU countries while you still can? You probably won't be able to protest so easily, though, and you will have to work for a living.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 2:10pm @Englishman wrote:
Please don't post ignorant stuff like that and call yourself Englishman, it gives the rest of us a bad name!
On 27 Mar 2017 at 2:29pm Scottish man wrote:
Och eye the noo.

On 27 Mar 2017 at 2:50pm Hmm... wrote:
Lets see... what's the betting Emma was posting from a phone and it auto corrected Brexit to Britain? :-)
On 27 Mar 2017 at 4:39pm ex miner wrote:
plenty room in the e.u. for zeb and emmas type. and the guy with the iloveu placard is a fruit picker from e.u. go home your not needed or wanted
On 27 Mar 2017 at 4:59pm Zebedee wrote:
And you are so clearly the closed-minded frightened bigot i referred to.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 5:37pm Clifford wrote:
I can't understand why all the hard Remainer 'internationalists' think it's fine for anyone from one of the 27 EU states to move here but want immigration controls on people from outside the EU. Doesn't sound very 'internationalist to me. In fact, I'd say it's bigoted.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 5:56pm Pedro wrote:
@ Clifford, to be fair though, we currently have reciprocal arrangements with all 27 EU member states (on free movement, work permits, healthcare etc etc). Outside of the EU, we don't. Given that the leave campaign heavily relied on support from the anti-immigration vote, its hardly conceivable that we will have a progressive and reasonable open door policy for non-EU nationals post brexit.

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Starfish Studios Lewes 109:132
Starfish Studios Lewes

Clean your own place. Most people do. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone