Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Americana Music Shop in Lewes (Union)

On 26 Aug 2010 at 11:36am Big Iron wrote:
I hear that someone is opening an Americana/Folk/Country music shop in Lewes. I wondered who this person was and where this shop would be?
Its a great idea! I'm excited to hear this great news!

On 26 Aug 2010 at 1:32pm Old Cynic wrote:
Why is that great news?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 9:34am king cnut wrote:
Americana is not bad (listen to Bob Harris shows) but I suspect this is the wrong Lewes?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 10:53am Big Iron wrote:
Yep it's defo Lewes Sussex.
On 28 Aug 2010 at 8:34pm Twosugarbaby wrote:
hello people, I can confirm this news is true, we are opening a folk, country and americana music store called Union Music Store, we are glad you are excited about it because we really are, if you want to know more sign up www.unionmusicstore.com

On 29 Aug 2010 at 7:41am artvandelay wrote:
Well I think this is good news.

On 29 Aug 2010 at 8:18am SHS wrote:
Badly needed diversity. Not a fan of this type of music myself but any music store is good news and maybe eventually the range of music will expand - I assume you'll be selling online too, to avoid parking & opening hour issues. Good luck.

On 29 Aug 2010 at 10:18am twosugarbaby wrote:
Thanks for your positive support :-) SHS when we are open come and see, you may well be surpirsed how broad these types of music are - Fleetfoxes and Mumford and Sons are both folk bands that have recently had huge success, there is so much going on in this genre. Also we are keen to support local unsigned bands too, and all the amazing small bands from America who tour here but are not that well known - we hope it's going to be vibrant and exciting pace for young and old to come and enjoy music!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Rugby Club 78:132
Lewes Rugby Club

In the week before lockdown, central government gave local councils several million pounds to enable councils to put all homeless... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare